The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » Arts & Entertainment » Star Wars

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 125 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject: Re: Best Star Wars Podcasts
PostPosted: Tue November 15, 2016 12:38 am 
I Have A Third Nipple

dimejinky99 wrote:
Simple Torture wrote:
Star Wars Minute came back today to begin their fifth season, this time addressing Attack of the Clones. They have a new episode every M-F, each about 30-40 minutes long. Last season on The Phantom Menace was simultaneously frustrating and fascinating, so I'm even looking forward to over 40 hours of content on this shit movie.

I keep hearing Star Wars minute being mentioned on other podcasts but I haven't subscribed to it. Is it worth listening to?

Yes, I think you'd really like it, considering how into it you are. There are plenty of groaners--these guys aren't comedians, but they do pretend to be at times--but if you're interested in behind-the-scenes stuff, interesting connects to other pop culture, and the minutia of the films, you'll enjoy it. I would recommend starting at the beginning, as daunting as that is, since at nearly 550 episodes there's plenty of running jokes and references that will go over your head. But it's still good regardless.

PostPosted: Tue November 15, 2016 7:01 pm 
what on earth am I talking about

Cool I'll look them up thanks. I've found that a good way to gauge the quality of a SW podcast is to listen to their force awakens review episode the. Listen to their one Inevitable follow up review to see how they digest and analyse it. Though if they have theories and speculation episodes I'm a sucker for that straight away.

PostPosted: Wed November 16, 2016 3:41 am 
I Have A Third Nipple

dimejinky99 wrote:
Cool I'll look them up thanks. I've found that a good way to gauge the quality of a SW podcast is to listen to their force awakens review episode the. Listen to their one Inevitable follow up review to see how they digest and analyse it. Though if they have theories and speculation episodes I'm a sucker for that straight away.

Their Force Awakens episodes are only available to their Patreon subscribers; they try to focus discussion on only the movie under consideration, and they made the conscious choice not to discuss TFA during prequel discussions. I'm sure they'll tackle TFA eventually, probably winter 2018-2019.

PostPosted: Wed November 16, 2016 11:00 am 

Simple Torture wrote:
dimejinky99 wrote:

Their Force Awakens episodes are only available to their Patreon subscribers; they try to focus discussion on only the movie under consideration, and they made the conscious choice not to discuss TFA during prequel discussions. I'm sure they'll tackle TFA eventually, probably winter 2018-2019.

You weren't kidding. They spend an entire episode talking about one scene. That's a lot of podcasting. And dedication I guess.

PostPosted: Sat December 03, 2016 7:08 pm 

This Alastair guy that did the Star Wars story podcasts. I just got sucked into his Harry Potter podcast by mistake. Now I wanna reread the books. Help!

PostPosted: Mon December 12, 2016 11:35 pm 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

dimejinky99 wrote:
This Alastair guy that did the Star Wars story podcasts. I just got sucked into his Harry Potter podcast by mistake. Now I wanna reread the books. Help!

ABSOLUTELY READ THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS, DIME!

PostPosted: Mon December 12, 2016 11:55 pm 

durdencommatyler wrote:
dimejinky99 wrote:

Oh I've read all of them. Just dont want to again right now.

PostPosted: Tue December 13, 2016 2:27 am 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

dimejinky99 wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
dimejinky99 wrote:

Oh I've read all of them. Just dont want to again right now.

Oh! Phew!

PostPosted: Tue December 27, 2016 4:49 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

So is the Story Wonk guy going to do a Rogue One podcast like he did with TFA?

PostPosted: Wed December 28, 2016 11:42 am 

I tweeted him and asked and he said Friday but that was two weeks ago and no sign of it.

PostPosted: Wed December 28, 2016 4:17 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

I bet it's because he's doing some behind-the-scenes research on the reshoots but I'd rather hear what he has to say about the movie we got, not the one we might have gotten.

PostPosted: Wed January 04, 2017 9:00 pm 

Just got told about this!!

I recommend one called I was there too. It's a film podcast about people who had smaller roles in famous movies. Check it out. They just did a few original Star Wars trilogy Ones there.

PostPosted: Wed January 04, 2017 9:44 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

I Was There, Too is an alright podcast, I dropped it because of the gap between new shows however. Might pick it back up again for these.

PostPosted: Sat January 07, 2017 12:13 am 
The worst

Finally listened to the storywonks prequel podcasts. They almost make me want to rewatch revenge of the sith

That guy is terrific.

Running TSIS Review

I Am No Guide - Pearl Jam Song by Song - Coming this July!
He/Him/His

PostPosted: Sat January 07, 2017 12:17 am 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

stip wrote:
Finally listened to the storywonks prequel podcasts. They almost make me want to rewatch revenge of the sith

That guy is terrific.

He so is.

I talked with him on Twitter last week and he's thinking about a Twin Peaks lecture series. Stip, I might die!

PostPosted: Sat January 07, 2017 1:08 am 
The worst

has he done LotR?

Running TSIS Review

I Am No Guide - Pearl Jam Song by Song - Coming this July!
He/Him/His

PostPosted: Sat January 07, 2017 1:10 am 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

stip wrote:
has he done LotR?

Oh yes. He's at least started one.

PostPosted: Sat January 07, 2017 1:11 am 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

I think.

I'm pretty sure.

He's talked about it, I think.

Dime will know.

PostPosted: Sat January 07, 2017 1:20 am 

He said he was doing an all inclusive LOTR series.

No sign of it yet. I'm so excited for it.
I'll post soon as I see it.

Ps stip there is no reason at all to rewatch the prequels but this guy has a power. Don't give in.

PostPosted: Tue January 10, 2017 7:22 pm 
Looks Like a Cat

Simple Torture wrote:
Star Wars Minute is great, but you have to be a huuuuuuuuuuuuuuu--

Spoiler: show
uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

---ge fucking dork and be okay with some awkward conversations and weird digressions. Their Empire series is where it really got good and may be the best, and I think their Phantom Menace was also great--even-handed in parts, but critical when they needed to be.

I've been listening to those Greedo episodes from ANH on my drive to work over the last few days and I've been enjoying these guys. Hard to ignore how dorky these guys are, but the tangents they go on are a lot of fun in H-town traffic.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 125 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » Arts & Entertainment » Star Wars