The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » Arts & Entertainment » Star Wars

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 125 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
 Post subject: Best Star Wars Podcasts
PostPosted: Sat September 10, 2016 12:40 pm 
what on earth am I talking about

Ive gotten into podcasts a few months ago now and some are just bad but some are great. These are the best I've found.

Storywonk is great. High minded and academic but great.
Story and Star Wars by StoryWonk
https://itun.es/ie/BX8e-.c

Far far away is by geek nation and always a great fun listen. Alex and Ryan work for geeknation.com and have great banter
https://itunes.apple.com/ie/podcast/far ... 84952?mt=2

Force centre podcast is Ken napzok and Joseph scrimshaw. Both insightful and funny guys and good listening
https://itunes.apple.com/ie/podcast/for ... 64506?mt=2

Unmistakably Star Wars is probably my favourite. They're intelligent accessible and have some really really great discussions on everything Star Wars

https://itunes.apple.com/ie/podcast/unm ... 59814?mt=2

Coffee with kenobi is again an insightful intelligent and always interesting listen.
https://itunes.apple.com/ie/podcast/cof ... 45591?mt=2

Post subject: Re: Best Star Wars Podcasts
PostPosted: Fri September 16, 2016 7:31 pm 

I'm doing a phone interview with one of these in a few hours. Eek!

PostPosted: Wed October 12, 2016 3:14 pm 

This one is also great. They seem to have a big connection to lucasfilm they got a lot of big interviews. But the best thing on it is their Star Wars oxygen podcasts which go into all the music in the films. David w Collins hosts. He does a lot of voice work all across the animated series and force awakens etc
https://itunes.apple.com/ie/podcast/reb ... 55728?mt=2

PostPosted: Wed October 12, 2016 7:35 pm 
The worst

dimejinky99 wrote:

im a month late but how did this go?

Running TSIS Review

I Am No Guide - Pearl Jam Song by Song - Coming this July!
He/Him/His

PostPosted: Wed October 12, 2016 9:20 pm 

stip wrote:
dimejinky99 wrote:

im a month late but how did this go?

Obviously as bad as I though it did, they never broadcast it :haha:
They do have a backlog of interviews so it might appear at some stage.
It's a great series especially listening to people's intro to Star Wars and their reaction. All the same sense of wonder and magic and excitement. And they still all have it in the telling of it. As do I.

PostPosted: Thu October 13, 2016 12:41 pm 
I Have A Third Nipple

Star Wars Minute is great, but you have to be a huuuuuuuuuuuuuuu--

Spoiler: show
uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

---ge fucking dork and be okay with some awkward conversations and weird digressions. Their Empire series is where it really got good and may be the best, and I think their Phantom Menace was also great--even-handed in parts, but critical when they needed to be.

PostPosted: Fri October 14, 2016 1:39 pm 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

ST, have you listened to the Story and Star Wars series?

PostPosted: Fri October 14, 2016 1:59 pm 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

Finished the Story and Star Wars lectures. Outstanding. I really loved some of his insights. There was a lot that he brought up in the final Q & A that got my mind going about the characters and what they symbolize about the times they were created in. I don't totally agree with all of his thoughts, obviously, but I love the way he approaches the discussions and it's something I used to be very good at, that I need to get back to in the way I approach criticism.

PostPosted: Fri October 14, 2016 5:02 pm 
I Have A Third Nipple

durdencommatyler wrote:

Yeah, most of it--just not the latest one on Episode 7. I agree with you: there are a lot of good insights in there about how the stories work on a technical level, about what they're trying to achieve thematically, and so on. I dig podcasts like this that take a very learned approach to things; I wish there were more on literature.

PostPosted: Fri October 14, 2016 8:51 pm 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

Simple Torture wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:

Yeah, most of it--just not the latest one on Episode 7. I agree with you: there are a lot of good insights in there about how the stories work on a technical level, about what they're trying to achieve thematically, and so on. I dig podcasts like this that take a very learned approach to things; I wish there were more on literature.

God me, too. If you ever happen to come across any more like this -- on any topic, but especially literature --- please hook me up. :thumbsup:

PostPosted: Fri October 14, 2016 9:55 pm 

If there's another podcast about Star Wars that gets into it like this guy, I've yet to find it. And I found it totally by accident never heard it recommended by other podcasts. Most of the ones I listen to regularly are great but mostly all follow hat same format. Talking about th weeks news in Star Wars and maybe theories and speculation. Haven't heard or seen another quite like this one. That's a shame.

Though it probably wouldn't be as well argued or put together either.

PostPosted: Fri October 14, 2016 10:17 pm 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

dimejinky99 wrote:
If there's another podcast about Star Wars that gets into it like this guy, I've yet to find it. And I found it totally by accident never heard it recommended by other podcasts. Most of the ones I listen to regularly are great but mostly all follow hat same format. Talking about th weeks news in Star Wars and maybe theories and speculation. Haven't heard or seen another quite like this one. That's a shame.

Do you plan on following his podcasts on Lord of the Rings, dime?

PostPosted: Fri October 14, 2016 10:35 pm 

durdencommatyler wrote:
dimejinky99 wrote:

Absolutely!! And I hope he breaks it down by chapter rather than story arcs. I don't think I've re read th books since the films though I have tried. It'd be so great, almost like doing a course. whatever way he's doing it seems to be an epic undertaking but I'm in 100%

Do we know when he's starting? I could tweet and ask him I guess

PostPosted: Fri October 14, 2016 10:42 pm 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

dimejinky99 wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
dimejinky99 wrote:

Absolutely!! And I hope he breaks it down by chapter rather than story arcs. I don't think I've re read th books since the films though I have tried. It'd be so great, almost like doing a course. whatever way he's doing it seems to be an epic undertaking but I'm in 100%

He mentioned something about it in that last Star Wars podcast, but I really don't recall. I'd say check the storywonks website and if you can't find it there, then tweet him.

PostPosted: Fri October 14, 2016 10:43 pm 

Will do.

PostPosted: Sat October 15, 2016 12:23 am 

durdencommatyler wrote:
dimejinky99 wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
dimejinky99 wrote:

He mentioned something about it in that last Star Wars podcast, but I really don't recall. I'd say check the storywonks website and if you can't find it there, then tweet him.

That was quick

PostPosted: Sat October 15, 2016 2:05 am 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

He's got a great Twitter handle.

PostPosted: Sat October 15, 2016 9:24 am 

Didn't notice that :) this guy and all the podcasts I mentione above are Great and depend on people leaving reviews on iTunes. I don't know about the US iTunes Store but here it's a nightmare to leave a review and even if you manage it, they often get a notification someone has left a review but as it's from a different territory they can't see it. So frustrating.

I'd be 5starring his and all the ones I mentioned above.

PostPosted: Wed October 19, 2016 9:53 pm 

Oh no
I have no memory of this question or topic

PostPosted: Thu October 20, 2016 10:52 pm 

Ok so the lads put my interview with them up. Somehow.
Fun to hear any thoughts or deserved RM brand abuse :lol:
https://itunes.apple.com/ie/podcast/unm ... 3Fp%3D3380

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 125 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » Arts & Entertainment » Star Wars