The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » Arts & Entertainment » Star Wars

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 508 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 26  Next
 Post subject: Re: Star Wars new canon books & timeline
PostPosted: Wed February 01, 2017 8:20 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

Finished Catalyst - By the end I was really enjoying it

Dos it matter what order I read the Aftermath novels in?

PostPosted: Wed February 01, 2017 8:28 pm 
Misplaced My Sponge

I've been bad about reading Tarkin. Only about 1/2 through it. At this pace, hopefully I'll be done by the end of the month.

I think 'Bloodline' will be my next. That one seems to get really good reviews.

PostPosted: Wed February 01, 2017 8:45 pm 
what on earth am I talking about

Rangi Guy wrote:

Don't bother with the aftermath books.
They're derided worse than the prequels. I've tried the first two and gave up on both. They're just outright bad. Only thing in them is the thread about why or what palpatine was doing and hiding on Jakku. Across the board they're slated. I'd say avoid them.

PostPosted: Wed February 01, 2017 8:49 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

dimejinky99 wrote:
Rangi Guy wrote:

They're derided worse than the prequels. I've tried the first two and gave up on both. They're just outright bad. Only thing in them is the thread about why or what palpatine was doing and hiding on Jakku. Across the board they're slated. I'd say avoid them.

Shit - I'm part way through on, and had ordered the other

PostPosted: Wed February 01, 2017 9:08 pm 
The Master

Rangi Guy wrote:

:thumbsup:

PostPosted: Wed February 01, 2017 9:10 pm 

Rangi Guy wrote:
dimejinky99 wrote:
Rangi Guy wrote:

Finish it. Could be you like it. But it will probably turn you off reading a Star Wars book again.

There's about five I can think of that would have you made you desperate to read more. Shame you went to them first. Ah well.

PostPosted: Wed February 01, 2017 9:11 pm 
The Master

is the Jedi Academy Trilogy canon or not?

PostPosted: Wed February 01, 2017 9:12 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

dimejinky99 wrote:
Rangi Guy wrote:
dimejinky99 wrote:
Rangi Guy wrote:

Finish it. Could be you like it. But it will probably turn you off reading a Star Wars book again.

There's about five I can think of that would have you made you desperate to read more. Shame you went to them first. Ah well.

Knew I was about to finish Catalyst - went into the bookstore and there was very slim pickings. If Aftermath sucks - can always switch over to Tarkin as II ordered that too

PostPosted: Wed February 01, 2017 10:37 pm 

Rangi Guy wrote:
dimejinky99 wrote:
Rangi Guy wrote:
dimejinky99 wrote:
Rangi Guy wrote:

Knew I was about to finish Catalyst - went into the bookstore and there was very slim pickings. If Aftermath sucks - can always switch over to Tarkin as II ordered that too

Tarkin is awesome.

PostPosted: Thu February 02, 2017 9:43 pm 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

Did anybody read the Rogue One novelization? I heard somebody at Collider talk about something in it that expanded Bodhi's character but they wouldn't get into it because of the dreaded SPOILERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.

Just curious what this person was talking about. Not sure I want to read the book. But I adore Bodhi Rook and want to know more about him.

PostPosted: Thu February 02, 2017 9:53 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

durdencommatyler wrote:
Did anybody read the Rogue One novelization? I heard somebody at Collider talk about something in it that expanded Bodhi's character but they wouldn't get into it because of the dreaded SPOILERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.

Just curious what this person was talking about. Not sure I want to read the book. But I adore Bodhi Rook and want to know more about him.

Almost picked this up, but then went with some of the other novelizations - which could have been a bad move

PostPosted: Thu February 02, 2017 10:08 pm 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

Rangi Guy wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:

Almost picked this up, but then went with some of the other novelizations - which could have been a bad move

I've heard only universal praise for the R1 novel. People seem to love it. Which other ones did you get?

PostPosted: Thu February 02, 2017 10:08 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

durdencommatyler wrote:
Rangi Guy wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:

I've heard only universal praise for the R1 novel. People seem to love it. Which other ones did you get?

Tarkin and a couple of the Aftermath Novels

PostPosted: Thu February 02, 2017 10:09 pm 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

Rangi Guy wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
Rangi Guy wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:

:nice:

One of these days I'll read those books. I'm really excited about Tarkin.

PostPosted: Thu February 02, 2017 10:13 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

durdencommatyler wrote:
Rangi Guy wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
Rangi Guy wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:

I hadn't read any of the EU novels till I picked up Catalyst. Really enjoyed that, so figured I'd give some of the others a go too. Thought that Rogue One Novel wouldn't expand much from the movie though - that's why I by-passed that

PostPosted: Thu February 02, 2017 10:16 pm 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

Rangi Guy wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
Rangi Guy wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
Rangi Guy wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:

I hadn't read any of the EU novels till I picked up Catalyst. Really enjoyed that, so figured I'd give some of the others a go too. Thought that Rogue One Novel wouldn't expand much from the movie though - that's why I by-passed that

Apparently it does a really good job fleshing out motivations and emotional connections. People who have read it say you feel more for the characters and understand them on more emotional level.

But, yeah, I'm with you. I probably will pick up more of the expanded stuff before I tackle any of the film novelizations. Catalyst, Tarkin, Bloodline, Aftermath, Ahsoka. All these seem more immediately interesting to me. I just really love Bodhi and want to know what's added/revealed in the R1 book. Not really motivation enough for me to buy the thing.

PostPosted: Fri February 03, 2017 1:46 pm 
RM Elitist

durdencommatyler wrote:

But, yeah, I'm with you. I probably will pick up more of the expanded stuff before I tackle any of the film novelizations. Catalyst, Tarkin, Bloodline, Aftermath, Ahsoka. All these seem more immediately interesting to me. I just really love Bodhi and want to know what's added/revealed in the R1 book. Not really motivation enough for me to buy the thing.

Apparently, from what I have been able to glean from assorted discussions is that it really focuses on the relationship between Bodhi and Galen Erso. Why Bodhi is so devoted and such. Possibly sexual.

PostPosted: Fri February 03, 2017 2:01 pm 
Guys, I am not a moderator! I swear to God! Why does everyone think I'm a moderator?

Joey why haven't you read Ahsoka yet?

PostPosted: Fri February 03, 2017 3:01 pm 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

E.H. Ruddock wrote:
Joey why haven't you read Ahsoka yet?

Everybody told me I should catch up on Clone Wars first.

PostPosted: Fri February 03, 2017 3:02 pm 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

@SkitchP wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:

Apparently, from what I have been able to glean from assorted discussions is that it really focuses on the relationship between Bodhi and Galen Erso. Why Bodhi is so devoted and such. Possibly sexual.

Wait, really? Is this true or are you just putting rattlesnakes in my toilet?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 508 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 26  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » Arts & Entertainment » Star Wars