The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » Arts & Entertainment » Star Wars

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3658 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 168, 169, 170, 171, 172, 173, 174 ... 183  Next
 Post subject: Re: Disney+: Obi-Wan Kenobi (2022)
PostPosted: Fri June 24, 2022 3:45 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

Jorge wrote:
1998 was a very emotional year for Coach

:lol:

PostPosted: Fri June 24, 2022 6:54 pm 
what on earth am I talking about

Ensign9 wrote:
dimejinky99 wrote:
Ensign9 wrote:
If she doesn't know who Luke is, what's her motivation for going to Tatooine? She seemed to be singularly focused on killing Vader and knows his true identity. Doesn't seem like a stretch for her to connect some dots.

And I wasn't paying close attention but doesn't she utter the word "revenge" at some point during that stretch of the finale?

I and wease and even B explained that just above in three different ways you can pick and choose.

She’s heard it’s a child. She assumes obi wan is hiding Jedi children. That’s really all

Why does she want to kill a random force-sensitive child?

You need to watch the series again or at least watch rebels or watch the clone wars

Or just read a Wookieepedia

PostPosted: Fri June 24, 2022 6:54 pm 

Got Some wrote:
My read was Reeva didn’t know nor care who the boy was outside of Obi-Wan was protecting him. And she was so close on Tatooine with Owen.

Exactly this

PostPosted: Fri June 24, 2022 7:00 pm 

Coach wrote:
I don't understand how Star Wars can make you cry. Like, I love it, but I have never been even close to tears or emotional over it. It's a space soap opera.

I dunno what you like or how much attention you pay to the Star Wars fandom on here

But it’s something we’ve been wishing for forever. Just to get an obiwan story.
In its most basic form since forever. And when TFA came out that’s all back in the mix.
Obi wans on the table again. ‘Rey?’

It’s your team getting to the final after 40+ years lost in the woods and scoring 6 goals and winning the whole thing.

Hope that makes more sense in your parlance why anyone would cry.

PostPosted: Fri June 24, 2022 7:04 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

dimejinky99 wrote:
Coach wrote:
I don't understand how Star Wars can make you cry. Like, I love it, but I have never been even close to tears or emotional over it. It's a space soap opera.

I dunno what you like or how much attention you pay to the Star Wars fandom on here

In its most basic form since forever. And when TFA came out that’s all back in the mix.

It’s your team getting to the final after 40+ years lost in the woods and scoring 6 goals and winning the whole thing.

I understand all of that. It makes the payoff and final product really, really important. I think they did a decent job of this, but ultimately fell short.

PostPosted: Fri June 24, 2022 7:25 pm 

Coach wrote:
dimejinky99 wrote:
Coach wrote:

I understand all of that. It makes the payoff and final product really, really important. I think they did a decent job of this, but ultimately fell short.

I hear ye. No matter what they were never gonna get everyone happy. Not in a film or 6 episodes.
Take the wins where you can.

You’ve backed up my idea if you play this as one piece it might just play better. But who knows.
We’re all so opinionated now it’s a very rare few that go back to review it again.

Give it a decade or two.

They’ll be calling this series a Star Wars classic of all time *shrug*

PostPosted: Fri June 24, 2022 7:49 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

« As Reva knew that Vader was too strong for her to kill, she elected to pursue another target after she found the message Bail Organa sent to Obi-Wan on his communicator.

The message revealed that they were protecting a boy and Reva managed to deduce that this boy, Luke, is the son of Anakin Skywalker.

Rather than killing Anakin himself, Reva turned her attention to the next best thing, his son.»

https://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2022/06/23/why-does-reva-want-to-kill-luke-obi-wan-kenobi/?amp

I think they are right.

PostPosted: Fri June 24, 2022 8:28 pm 
NYUCK NYUCK NYUCK

How did she deduce it? Seems like a bit of a leap from the information she had, no?

PostPosted: Fri June 24, 2022 9:31 pm 

Drag the arse out of everything

Rather than reading Up and getting the basics before
Crapping on and on about it on the internet

PostPosted: Fri June 24, 2022 9:40 pm 
Major Dude

I did forget about this:

Quote:
When Owen asks her what she wants with Luke, she says: “Justice.”

That would indicate she at least realizes he’s important to Vader. After all, she’s not worried about OW at all anymore. She may not know exactly why Vader would care but she thinks for some reason he would.

But Vader has no idea at all…

PostPosted: Fri June 24, 2022 9:45 pm 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

wease wrote:
I did forget about this:

Quote:

That would indicate she at least realizes he’s important to Vader. After all, she’s not worried about OW at all anymore. She may not know exactly why Vader would care but she thinks for some reason he would.

Bail says "If he's found you" (it's easy to figure that "he" is Vader) and "If he knows about the children" and "help the boy." I think that's more than enough information to let Reva know "the boy" is important to Vader, regardless of any known or possible relation.

To me, whether she knows isn't really important. It doesn't change her motives either way. It's still revenge.

PostPosted: Fri June 24, 2022 9:47 pm 
Major Dude

epilogue wrote:
wease wrote:
I did forget about this:

Quote:

Bail says "If he's found you" (it's easy to figure that "he" is Vader) and "If he knows about the children" and "help the boy." I think that's more than enough information to let Reva know "the boy" is important to Vader, regardless of any known or possible relation.

To me, whether she knows isn't really important. It doesn't change her motives either way. It's still revenge.

Right

PostPosted: Fri June 24, 2022 9:50 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

dimejinky99 wrote:
Coach wrote:
dimejinky99 wrote:
Coach wrote:

I hear ye. No matter what they were never gonna get everyone happy. Not in a film or 6 episodes.
Take the wins where you can.

You’ve backed up my idea if you play this as one piece it might just play better. But who knows.
We’re all so opinionated now it’s a very rare few that go back to review it again.

Give it a decade or two.

They’ll be calling this series a Star Wars classic of all time *shrug*

Yes, lots of opinions, but cheap CGI is kinda easy to point out throughout.

They should have put the $$ into a big budget summer blockbuster. I understand why they didn't but in this case it's a lot of onscreen time for suited Vader and that should have been experienced on the big screen! :)

PostPosted: Fri June 24, 2022 10:00 pm 
NYUCK NYUCK NYUCK

epilogue wrote:
wease wrote:
I did forget about this:

Quote:

But... why would it be revenge to kill someone that, for all she knows, Vader also wants killed?

PostPosted: Fri June 24, 2022 10:02 pm 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

Jorge wrote:
epilogue wrote:
wease wrote:
I did forget about this:

Quote:

But... why would it be revenge to kill someone that, for all she knows, Vader also wants killed?

I don't think it would be. But I'm not Reva. Hate, rage, and a thirst for revenge can cloud the mind and make a person irrational.

PostPosted: Fri June 24, 2022 10:09 pm 
NYUCK NYUCK NYUCK

Sounds like it can cloud screenwriters' minds too

PostPosted: Fri June 24, 2022 10:32 pm 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

:lol:

I think it all hands together. But obviously not everyone agrees.

PostPosted: Sat June 25, 2022 4:24 am 
AnalLog

wease wrote:
I did forget about this:

Quote:

She states but after not going thru with it “I failed him” (Vader)

I doubt killing his son was for him.

PostPosted: Sat June 25, 2022 4:33 am 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

Jorge wrote:
How did she deduce it? Seems like a bit of a leap from the information she had, no?

She knows that Anakin Skywalker became Darth Vader, she knows who Obi-Wan was/is and is watching the boy, and the boy is called Luke Skywalker, she is force sensitive, she got some information on Tatooine as she was researching there (basically a space fbi with special powers).

PostPosted: Sat June 25, 2022 4:35 am 
NYUCK NYUCK NYUCK

How does she know the boy is called Luke Skywalker

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3658 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 168, 169, 170, 171, 172, 173, 174 ... 183  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » Arts & Entertainment » Star Wars