The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » Arts & Entertainment » Star Wars

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3658 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 174, 175, 176, 177, 178, 179, 180 ... 183  Next
 Post subject: Re: Disney+: Obi-Wan Kenobi (2022)
PostPosted: Thu June 30, 2022 5:59 pm 
I Have A Third Nipple

Jorge wrote:
What else is he gonna do

PostPosted: Thu June 30, 2022 6:30 pm 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

B wrote:
E.H. Ruddock wrote:
B wrote:
E.H. Ruddock wrote:
But in this series, he didn't necessarily know she was force sensitive, right? So the "there is another" could be a surprise to him

He didn't know either way, so how could he have dismissed Leia as a possibility?

It’s not like he was sitting around thinking all day about whether or not a kid he last saw 15 years ago might be force sensitive.

Oh c'mon! He watched the "OB1, you're my only hope." video and didn't think about her AT ALL?

I still think this is a tricky retcon and fully support anyone bugged by it. But Ruddo does have a point. It's not necessarily that he didn't think of Leia or doesn't remember Leia, but rather that he doesn't know how Force sensitive and powerful she is. He thinks of her, but not necessarily as the hope that will save the galaxy by defeating Darth Vader and the Emperor.

I can buy that.

PostPosted: Thu June 30, 2022 7:25 pm 
Troglodyte
 WWW  Profile

epilogue wrote:
B wrote:
E.H. Ruddock wrote:
B wrote:
E.H. Ruddock wrote:
But in this series, he didn't necessarily know she was force sensitive, right? So the "there is another" could be a surprise to him

He didn't know either way, so how could he have dismissed Leia as a possibility?

It’s not like he was sitting around thinking all day about whether or not a kid he last saw 15 years ago might be force sensitive.

Oh c'mon! He watched the "OB1, you're my only hope." video and didn't think about her AT ALL?

I still think this is a tricky retcon and fully support anyone bugged by it. But Ruddo does have a point. It's not necessarily that he didn't think of Leia or doesn't remember Leia, but rather that he doesn't know how Force sensitive and powerful she is. He thinks of her, but not necessarily as the hope that will save the galaxy by defeating Darth Vader and the Emperor.

I can buy that.

You can either have the emotional beats between them in Obi-Wan, or you can't. If he is so sure that Leia stands NO chance of saving the galaxy when Luke cannot, that the Obi-Wan series never happened.

It was.

"That boy is our only hope." Period. No disclaimer. No possibilities. Watch that last scene with Leia and tell me that Obi-Wan could dismiss the possibility that Leia is even a little bit capable of defeating the Empire. That's it's not even a tiny little thought in his head. Luke is it. If he doesn't defeat Vader we might as well give up. No reason to even mention that other twin that I watched be born and watched save all of those refugees when she was 10.

PostPosted: Thu June 30, 2022 7:41 pm 
Guys, I am not a moderator! I swear to God! Why does everyone think I'm a moderator?

So obi wan had the chance to kill vader in the finale of this show, very easily could have, in fact. But your beef with it is it makes obi wan look forgetful as an old man?

Fuck Leia saving the galaxy, he could have right there! As long as we don't care about canon!

PostPosted: Thu June 30, 2022 7:44 pm 
Troglodyte
 WWW  Profile

You're not wrong. Fucking pussy.

PostPosted: Thu June 30, 2022 7:55 pm 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

I think it probably depends on what "that boy is our only hope" means. Based on the rest of the conversation, it's not unreasonable to think he means "hope of defeating Vader." If that's what he means, I don't mind him not thinking of Leia. She's got other shit to deal with.

PostPosted: Thu June 30, 2022 7:56 pm 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

E.H. Ruddock wrote:
So obi wan had the chance to kill vader in the finale of this show, very easily could have, in fact. But your beef with it is it makes obi wan look forgetful as an old man?

Fuck Leia saving the galaxy, he could have right there! As long as we don't care about canon!

:lol:

I think it's a lot more nuanced than that. The biggest issue is that killing Vader doesn't stop Palpatine or the Empire. So Obi-Wan wouldn't have saved the galaxy if he'd killed him right then.

PostPosted: Thu June 30, 2022 10:31 pm 
what on earth am I talking about

Got Some wrote:
Finale reaction video

It appears we all felt the same after watching this. It wasn’t perfect but it all worked out amazing in the end

I LOVE reaction videos and this was so cool. Thanks Got Some :)

PostPosted: Thu June 30, 2022 10:33 pm 
The Master

Simple Torture wrote:
Jorge wrote:
What else is he gonna do

a jedi craves not these things

PostPosted: Thu June 30, 2022 10:34 pm 
The Master

OB1 is pretty old and run down by ANH. maybe he was going senile and didn't remember leia too well, and other stuff.

PostPosted: Thu June 30, 2022 10:35 pm 

Jorge wrote:
B wrote:
"That boy is our only hope."
"No, there is another."

Is hilariously stupid now.

The way to fix it is to use AI to add another line by Alec Guiness saying "Oh, right."

Obi wan and Yoda have disagreed about which should be trained Luke or Leia, since they were born almost. Leia basically had no interest.
She gives her saber to Luke to keep.

Leia defied yoda without even knowing. No big deal.

This is actually canon.

Yoda in esb saying long have I watched him. He’s watched her too but she’s shown no care for it or ability. Whereas Luke’s ‘become quite a good pilot himself’

The dispute between obi wan and yoda is all laid out in one of the new canon books

PostPosted: Thu June 30, 2022 10:43 pm 

epilogue wrote:
I think it probably depends on what "that boy is our only hope" means. Based on the rest of the conversation, it's not unreasonable to think he means "hope of defeating Vader." If that's what he means, I don't mind him not thinking of Leia. She's got other shit to deal with.

You’re also all forgetting she’s met Vader several times by a new hope and he picks up no force sensitivity in her at all. Whereas he does when trying to shoot down Luke’s x wing by the end and has no idea who he is.

PostPosted: Thu June 30, 2022 11:19 pm 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

dimejinky99 wrote:
epilogue wrote:

You’re also all forgetting she’s met Vader several times by a new hope and he picks up no force sensitivity in her at all. Whereas he does when trying to shoot down Luke’s x wing by the end and has no idea who he is.

I'm certainly not forgetting that at all.

PostPosted: Thu June 30, 2022 11:36 pm 
Troglodyte
 WWW  Profile

dimejinky99 wrote:
Jorge wrote:
B wrote:
"That boy is our only hope."
"No, there is another."

Is hilariously stupid now.

The way to fix it is to use AI to add another line by Alec Guiness saying "Oh, right."

Obi wan and Yoda have disagreed about which should be trained Luke or Leia, since they were born almost. Leia basically had no interest.
She gives her saber to Luke to keep.

Leia defied yoda without even knowing. No big deal.

This is actually canon.

Yoda in esb saying long have I watched him. He’s watched her too but she’s shown no care for it or ability. Whereas Luke’s ‘become quite a good pilot himself’

The dispute between obi wan and yoda is all laid out in one of the new canon books

Dime, your just making shit up.

PostPosted: Thu June 30, 2022 11:47 pm 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

He's not. This stuff is covered in new canon. Specifically in the From A Certain Point of View books.

PostPosted: Fri July 01, 2022 12:23 am 
Guys, I am not a moderator! I swear to God! Why does everyone think I'm a moderator?

Simple Torture wrote:
Jorge wrote:
What else is he gonna do

So horny

PostPosted: Fri July 01, 2022 12:34 am 
The Master

weird she's not in the bikini

PostPosted: Fri July 01, 2022 1:19 am 
Mind Your Tanners

spike wrote:
weird she's not in the bikini

She's not a slut!

PostPosted: Fri July 01, 2022 1:38 am 
Troglodyte
 WWW  Profile

epilogue wrote:
He's not. This stuff is covered in new canon. Specifically in the From A Certain Point of View books.

Don't start on the fucking books.

PostPosted: Fri July 01, 2022 2:00 am 

B wrote:
epilogue wrote:

Don't start on the fucking books.

The last few pages are Wrong and piss poor informed bollix

All lead by you cos you saw a YouTube.

B…

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3658 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 174, 175, 176, 177, 178, 179, 180 ... 183  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » Arts & Entertainment » Star Wars