Switch to full style
May the force be with you
Post a reply

Re: Star Wars: Han Solo (5/25/2018)

Thu April 27, 2017 1:48 am

Strat wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
Strat wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:I'm mostly kidding. I mean, it is a dumbass plan. But I'm okay leaving it alone and never fully trying to make sense of it.

Is it a dumbass plan if it worked?

Did it though? I mean, they did end up rescuing Han. So, yay! But did the plan actually work? WHAT WAS THE PLAN?!

Rescue han?

Though I wonder if sending Lando in was his first plan that failed. Then he tried the droids. That failed except R2 was hidings lukes saber. Then Leia which also failed.

Then luke just finally showed up and almost failed.

So, yea good point joey! What was the goddamn plan?!?!

I mean, dude coulda just straight up walked in with his light saber, tried to mind trick some fools or just ninja around while everyone slept. I mean, christ nobody even noticed shit was going on until Leia and Han hit those fucking wind chimes. Luke coulda totally just Jedi-ed into the joint and got Han out no problem. Why the massive convoluted eight pronged, month long attack?

A Lando film could go a long way toward explaining this thing.

Thu April 27, 2017 1:50 am

durdencommatyler wrote:
Strat wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
Strat wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:I'm mostly kidding. I mean, it is a dumbass plan. But I'm okay leaving it alone and never fully trying to make sense of it.

Did it though? I mean, they did end up rescuing Han. So, yay! But did the plan actually work? WHAT WAS THE PLAN?!

Rescue han?

Though I wonder if sending Lando in was his first plan that failed. Then he tried the droids. That failed except R2 was hidings lukes saber. Then Leia which also failed.

I mean, dude coulda just straight up walked in with his light saber, tried to mind trick some fools or just ninja around while everyone slept. I mean, christ nobody even noticed shit was going on until Leia and Han hit those fucking wind chimes. Luke coulda totally just Jedi-ed into the joint and got Han out no problem. Why the massive convoluted eight pronged, month long attack?

True story: The last time I watched ROTJ i felt the beginning of the movie went on about 20 minutes too long. So, yea, once again im team Joey.

Thu April 27, 2017 1:51 am

Strat wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
Strat wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
Strat wrote:

Rescue han?

True story: The last time I watched ROTJ i felt the beginning of the movie went on about 20 minutes too long. So, yea, once again im team Joey.

:luv:

Thu April 27, 2017 1:52 am

I would basically take any movie that has to do with the star wars universe. Hell, we should have a droid only movie. All those busy workers in Cloud City tearing about droids? What about those guys??

Thu April 27, 2017 1:53 am

Strat wrote:I would basically take any movie that has to do with the star wars universe. Hell, we should have a droid only movie. All those busy workers in Cloud City tearing about droids? What about those guys??

Aw huh. I guarantee there's a story there!

Thu April 27, 2017 2:27 am

Strat wrote:I would basically take any movie that has to do with the star wars universe. Hell, we should have a droid only movie. All those busy workers in Cloud City tearing about droids? What about those guys??

How would you feel about a Chopper movie

Thu April 27, 2017 2:27 am

@SkitchP wrote:

IN

Thu April 27, 2017 2:28 am

@SkitchP wrote:

is rey in it

Thu April 27, 2017 2:41 am

Which begs the question... is there anything Star Wars could do that you wouldn't forgive? Or rather, to put it in a more interesting way... at what point does Star Wars jump the shark for you?

A droid buddy comedy starring R2 and Chopper? Luke rapes and murders Rey? A Star Trek crossover?

I think for me, it would be time travel. I don't want no stupid goddamn time travel in my goddamn Star Wars!

Thu April 27, 2017 2:52 am

is brad pitt in this

Thu April 27, 2017 2:52 am

E.H. Ruddock wrote:is brad pitt in this

He plays Chopper!

Thu April 27, 2017 2:53 am

That could work

Thu April 27, 2017 2:55 am

He also plays Zeb.

Thu April 27, 2017 5:20 pm

durdencommatyler wrote:Which begs the question... is there anything Star Wars could do that you wouldn't forgive? Or rather, to put it in a more interesting way... at what point does Star Wars jump the shark for you?

A droid buddy comedy starring R2 and Chopper? Luke rapes and murders Rey? A Star Trek crossover?

I think for me, it would be time travel. I don't want no stupid goddamn time travel in my goddamn Star Wars!

I don't know that any one story would ruin star wars for me, even if I didn't like it. It would take an extended period of shoddy movies, which happened with the prequels. Though as the TFA demonstrated, I want to love, and good stuff would bring me back

Thu April 27, 2017 5:21 pm

durdencommatyler wrote:

Aw huh. I guarantee there's a story there!

How about a movie starring Hando and the ughnaughts?

Thu April 27, 2017 5:42 pm

This is become the toilet of Star Wars of rm.

You're all embarrassing yourselves. Rightly so maybe.

Some awful posts. Not looking at you joey.

Thu April 27, 2017 5:51 pm

yep. this thread right here. this is the one.

Thu April 27, 2017 6:02 pm

geezes dime. What crawled up your butt and died?

Thu April 27, 2017 9:27 pm

stip wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:Which begs the question... is there anything Star Wars could do that you wouldn't forgive? Or rather, to put it in a more interesting way... at what point does Star Wars jump the shark for you?

I don't know that any one story would ruin star wars for me, even if I didn't like it. It would take an extended period of shoddy movies, which happened with the prequels. Though as the TFA demonstrated, I want to love, and good stuff would bring me back

In all seriousness, I think I'm much more in this camp as well. While I'm not as excited for this Han Solo film as I was for R1 and am for the other saga films or even the rumored Obi-Wan or Bounty Hunter films, it's still Star Wars. And there is enough to be excited about that I'm still looking forward to it. And I want it to be good. If it's terrible, it won't really do any damage to my fandom.

I remember before TFA came out, there were rumors of a flashback and people were really worried about that. I thought that worry was a tad silly. Just because Star Wars hasn't done something before doesn't mean they can't do it successfully at some point. But I really do struggle with the idea/thought of something like time travel in a Star Wars movie. I feel like that would be really tricky to pull off. And because of the implications of such a device, it really could have a long term impact on how I enjoy Star Wars.

Thu April 27, 2017 9:27 pm

E.H. Ruddock wrote:yep. this thread right here. this is the one.

:lol:

Has RM jumped the shark?
Post a reply