Switch to full style
May the force be with you
Post a reply

Re: Solo: A Star Wars Story (5/25/2018)

Fri June 08, 2018 4:01 am

LoathedVermin72 wrote:i want a star war written by joe eszterhas

Actually, this wouldn't be terrible. Other than the erotic elements, his style meshes well with Star Wars. Pulpy, campy, melodramatic. I can totally see it.

Fri June 08, 2018 4:02 am

durdencommatyler wrote:

Actually, this wouldn't be terrible. Other than the erotic elements, his style meshes well with Star Wars. Pulpy, campy, melodramatic. I can totally see it.

but i want the erotic

Fri June 08, 2018 4:07 am

LoathedVermin72 wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:

but i want the erotic

I'm not opposed.

Fri June 08, 2018 4:08 am

durdencommatyler wrote:
LoathedVermin72 wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:

but i want the erotic

I'm not opposed.

i still think rey and ren should be fuckin on the reg

Fri June 08, 2018 11:30 am

what about paul verhoven (sp) directing?

Fri June 08, 2018 2:00 pm

I want them together, also, just doing their own thing, saying fuck all this good and bad stuff, let's just calm everybody down and rule in peace

Fri June 08, 2018 2:44 pm

Kylo Ren to too obsessed with order to rule in peace. Rey has no interest in ruling at all. It would never work.

Fri June 08, 2018 2:45 pm

stip wrote:what about paul verhoven (sp) directing?

I'm against it.

Fri June 08, 2018 2:47 pm

durdencommatyler wrote:Kylo Ren to too obsessed with order to rule in peace. Rey has no interest in ruling at all. It would never work.
Is he obsessed with 'order'? Seems to me he's obsessed with power

Fri June 08, 2018 4:00 pm

he is obsessed with crafting his own identity but cant conceptualize how to do that without referencing past expectations and frameworks for what other people think he should want/who he should be

Fri June 08, 2018 4:03 pm

stip wrote:he is obsessed with crafting his own identity but cant conceptualize how to do that without referencing past expectations and frameworks for what other people think he should want/who he should be
Ah, he's living for Vader's approval/acceptance

Fri June 08, 2018 4:30 pm

tree_ wrote:
stip wrote:he is obsessed with crafting his own identity but cant conceptualize how to do that without referencing past expectations and frameworks for what other people think he should want/who he should be
Ah, he's living for Vader's approval/acceptance

and once skywalkers

Fri June 08, 2018 4:39 pm

I really regret bringing this up

Fri June 08, 2018 4:53 pm

tree_ wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:Kylo Ren to too obsessed with order to rule in peace. Rey has no interest in ruling at all. It would never work.

He literally asks Rey to join him so they can "bring order to the galaxy." He makes himself Supreme Leader of an organization called The First Order which is hellbent, in their own words, on bringing order to the galaxy. It's twisted and misunderstood, but yes, Kylo Ren is obsessed with order.

Fri June 08, 2018 4:54 pm

Exactly. And this ties into his need for order.

Fri June 08, 2018 4:54 pm

LoathedVermin72 wrote:I really regret bringing this up

I know.

Fri June 08, 2018 4:58 pm

durdencommatyler wrote:

I’m not so sure. I don’t think he really knows who he is or what he’s going to do now in this situation as leader. That could actually be really interesting if he’s unhinged.

Watch the trumptards go at it as a dig at trump if they go that way.

Fri June 08, 2018 5:04 pm

durdencommatyler wrote:

order insofar as everyone knows their place, sure.

Kylo Ren is such a magnificent character

Fri June 08, 2018 5:13 pm

Actually now I’m pretty sure he’s gonna be totally deranged.
It’ll be something we haven’t seen before at least.

Fri June 08, 2018 5:16 pm

durdencommatyler wrote:
tree_ wrote:

He literally asks Rey to join him so they can "bring order to the galaxy." He makes himself Supreme Leader of an organization called The First Order which is hellbent, in their own words, on bringing order to the galaxy. It's twisted and misunderstood, but yes, Kylo Ren is obsessed with order.

Or, this is what he believes he is supposed to do. His mind is twisted, conflicted and confused much like a rabid teenager going through puberty. The exciting part about these films for me is that we are watching these young characters both good and evil, evolve and find their place in the Galaxy. Kylo very well may just be completely reactionary without any idea of who he really is or what he actually wants. Him striking down Snoke may have been a glimpse into the light side of him, rather than an opportunity for him to take control.
Post a reply