Switch to full style
May the force be with you
Post a reply

Re: Star Wars: Han Solo (5/25/2018)

Wed February 07, 2018 8:10 pm

“I think the main thing that’s different is that the Han we meet in this film is more of an idealist,” Ehrenreich tells EW. “He has certain dreams that he follows, and we watch how it affects him as those dreams meet new realities — realities that are harder and more challenging than he’d expected.”

http://ew.com/movies/2018/02/07/solo-a- ... deep-dive/

Wed February 07, 2018 8:19 pm

Wow. This one is packed with good stuff from Ford. He loves Han a lot more than he’s ever let on it’s clear from this.

“Tell them I told you everything you needed to know, and that you can’t tell anyone.”
That was Harrison Ford’s advice to Alden Ehrenreich, the man who would be Han, when they sat down for lunch in January of last year shortly before production began on Solo: A Star Wars Story.

http://ew.com/movies/2018/02/07/harriso ... ars-story/

Wed February 07, 2018 8:39 pm

That one was interesting.

Wed February 07, 2018 8:56 pm

I was gobsmacked. He got really interested once they cast it. He probably doesn’t want it all reflecting badly on him so gave Alden the encouragement he needed maybe.

Ehhhhh....I think I’m warming up to this Falcon

Wed February 07, 2018 9:19 pm

Who let Richmond out of his room?

Wed February 07, 2018 9:42 pm

We are definitely going to see that cargo section in between the mandibles dropped before the end of the film.

Howard’s hinted as much in EW

Thu February 08, 2018 12:15 am

It better be in some epic fashion, to destroy something or cause some kind of deterrent/decoy in an epic getaway.

Fri February 09, 2018 6:23 pm

Lucas helped direct a scene in Solo. That’s cool

Fri February 09, 2018 6:53 pm

That's cool. Wish he had been around more than that one day.

Fri February 09, 2018 9:19 pm

dimejinky99 wrote:Lucas helped direct a scene in Solo. That’s cool

Was it that scene with the Han Solo talking about everything being fine? Because that's the scene that lost my confidence in this movie.

Fri February 09, 2018 9:27 pm

B wrote:

Was it that scene with the Han Solo talking about everything being fine? Because that's the scene that lost my confidence in this movie.

“He had intended to just kind of stop by and say hi, and he stayed five hours,” Kennedy says. “There’s even one little moment in a scene that — I can’t tell you what, sorry — but in the scene on the Millennium Falcon where George said, ‘Why doesn’t Han just do this.’”

In other words, George Lucas helped direct a small part of Solo.

“It actually is a funny little bit that will probably get a laugh,” Kennedy says. “And Ron happened to be by the monitor and not inside the Falcon and he goes, ‘Oh that’s a great idea,’ and ran in and said, ‘George wants us to do this.’ So that was pretty cool. I think George felt pretty great about that. He could revisit these characters, and I think he felt so comfortable, obviously with Ron being there, that it was just fun for him.

Lucas’ final wisdom for his old American Graffiti actor: "just enjoy this."

Fri February 09, 2018 11:07 pm

We know now why the lead actor sucks.

Fri February 09, 2018 11:47 pm

VinylGuy wrote:We know now why the lead actor sucks.

Cmon now.
That’s not fair.

Sat February 10, 2018 12:00 am

SPEAK LIKE A LIFELESS LOG.

Sat February 10, 2018 6:11 am

So here’s a cute little story of how Lucas visited the set, and made one small single advice that the director loved, and the people behind the movie said made for a funny moment. So then people come along making bad jokes about how his involvement would hurt the movie. I don’t get that. The man is a genius.
Last edited by Anders on Sat February 10, 2018 4:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sat February 10, 2018 2:20 pm

Anders wrote:
B wrote:

“He had intended to just kind of stop by and say hi, and he stayed five hours,” Kennedy says. “There’s even one little moment in a scene that — I can’t tell you what, sorry — but in the scene on the Millennium Falcon where George said, ‘Why doesn’t Han just do this.’”

“It actually is a funny little bit that will probably get a laugh,” Kennedy says. “And Ron happened to be by the monitor and not inside the Falcon and he goes, ‘Oh that’s a great idea,’ and ran in and said, ‘George wants us to do this.’ So that was pretty cool. I think George felt pretty great about that. He could revisit these characters, and I think he felt so comfortable, obviously with Ron being there, that it was just fun for him.

So, yes. :shake: I could spot Lucas' ham-handed, sloppy direction anywhere.

Sat February 10, 2018 3:14 pm

is vader in this

Sat February 10, 2018 3:28 pm

spike wrote:is vader in this

No but Boba fett probably is.

Sat February 10, 2018 4:02 pm

B wrote:
Anders wrote:
B wrote:

So, yes. :shake: I could spot Lucas' ham-handed, sloppy direction anywhere.

I love him as a director. Doesn't get much better than American Grafitti or A New Hope.

Sat February 10, 2018 4:03 pm

dimejinky99 wrote:
spike wrote:is vader in this

No but Boba fett probably is.

meh
Post a reply