The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » Arts & Entertainment » Star Wars




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3660 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80 ... 183  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Star Wars: Han Solo (5/25/2018)
PostPosted: Fri December 29, 2017 12:51 am 
Offline
User avatar
An enigma of a man shaped hole in the wall between reality and the soul of the devil.
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:13 pm
Posts: 34269
Location: Donkeys live a long time.
Lol that's not remotely interesting

_________________
Death is coming. Eat trash. Be free.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Star Wars: Han Solo (5/25/2018)
PostPosted: Fri December 29, 2017 12:52 am 
Offline
User avatar
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:33 pm
Posts: 66276
Location: The applebees on haggerty.
Oh, okay. My bad.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Star Wars: Han Solo (5/25/2018)
PostPosted: Fri December 29, 2017 12:53 am 
Offline
User avatar
An enigma of a man shaped hole in the wall between reality and the soul of the devil.
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:13 pm
Posts: 34269
Location: Donkeys live a long time.
Brb I gotta go make a movie where Hulk dies of cancer because what a twist this is real life!

_________________
Death is coming. Eat trash. Be free.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Star Wars: Han Solo (5/25/2018)
PostPosted: Fri December 29, 2017 12:54 am 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Sun May 25, 2014 9:32 pm
Posts: 37418
durdencommatyler wrote:
LoathedVermin72 wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
Everybody dies, Burt.

Yes but not everyone dies a divorced loser...and at the hands of their son

Exactly. That's some interesting shit right there.

Ugh

_________________
lennytheweedwhacker wrote:
E.H. Ruddock wrote:
What's going on in here

a lot of hurt


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Star Wars: Han Solo (5/25/2018)
PostPosted: Fri December 29, 2017 12:54 am 
Offline
User avatar
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:33 pm
Posts: 66276
Location: The applebees on haggerty.
you high, burt?


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Star Wars: Han Solo (5/25/2018)
PostPosted: Fri December 29, 2017 12:54 am 
Offline
User avatar
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:33 pm
Posts: 66276
Location: The applebees on haggerty.
LoathedVermin72 wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
LoathedVermin72 wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
Everybody dies, Burt.

Yes but not everyone dies a divorced loser...and at the hands of their son

Exactly. That's some interesting shit right there.

Ugh

Still my favorite argument.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Star Wars: Han Solo (5/25/2018)
PostPosted: Fri December 29, 2017 12:57 am 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Sun May 25, 2014 9:32 pm
Posts: 37418
durdencommatyler wrote:
LoathedVermin72 wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
LoathedVermin72 wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
Everybody dies, Burt.

Yes but not everyone dies a divorced loser...and at the hands of their son

Exactly. That's some interesting shit right there.

Ugh

Still my favorite argument.

I’ll try to do better, friend.

_________________
lennytheweedwhacker wrote:
E.H. Ruddock wrote:
What's going on in here

a lot of hurt


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Star Wars: Han Solo (5/25/2018)
PostPosted: Fri December 29, 2017 12:57 am 
Offline
User avatar
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:33 pm
Posts: 66276
Location: The applebees on haggerty.
LoathedVermin72 wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
LoathedVermin72 wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
LoathedVermin72 wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
Everybody dies, Burt.

Yes but not everyone dies a divorced loser...and at the hands of their son

Exactly. That's some interesting shit right there.

Ugh

Still my favorite argument.

I’ll try to do better, friend.

No you won't.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Star Wars: Han Solo (5/25/2018)
PostPosted: Fri December 29, 2017 12:58 am 
Offline
User avatar
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:33 pm
Posts: 66276
Location: The applebees on haggerty.
But it's okay. It's all so completely meaningless anyway.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Star Wars: Han Solo (5/25/2018)
PostPosted: Fri December 29, 2017 1:01 am 
Offline
User avatar
NEVER STOP JAMMING!
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 12:35 am
Posts: 22028
durdencommatyler wrote:
LoathedVermin72 wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
Everybody dies, Burt.

Yes but not everyone dies a divorced loser...and at the hands of their son

Exactly. That's some interesting shit right there.



I feel like LV is making the case for this movie in one post eh joey?

_________________
durdencommatyler wrote:
dimejinky-the Han Solo of RM.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Star Wars: Han Solo (5/25/2018)
PostPosted: Fri December 29, 2017 1:01 am 
Offline
User avatar
An enigma of a man shaped hole in the wall between reality and the soul of the devil.
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:13 pm
Posts: 34269
Location: Donkeys live a long time.
stip wrote:
burt likes it when everyone lives happily ever after and nothing changes

Change? CHANGE!? I pray to God for some change from this goddamn franchise! Anything but a war between imperials and rebels that has been going on for like... what... sixty years?! and has cost untold billions of lives and has utterly destroyed the protagonists?!

Christ that's depressing. It hangs over everything in the world now, past and present. This isn't some fun adventure movie franchise. It's a goddamn dystopian hellscape from which the heroes have no chance of escape. Thanks to TFA, we know there will always be an endless horde of literal nazis with endless supplies of planet killing super weapons. Nothing anyone does here matters. Only death and slavery await all life in the universe.

What a tragedy.

_________________
Death is coming. Eat trash. Be free.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Star Wars: Han Solo (5/25/2018)
PostPosted: Fri December 29, 2017 1:05 am 
Offline
User avatar
post-structuralist
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 2:22 pm
Posts: 15563
Location: faked by jorge
BurtReynolds wrote:
stip wrote:
burt likes it when everyone lives happily ever after and nothing changes

Change? CHANGE!? I pray to God for some change from this goddamn franchise! Anything but a war between imperials and rebels that has been going on for like... what... sixty years?! and has cost untold billions of lives and has utterly destroyed the protagonists?!

Christ that's depressing. It hangs over everything in the world now, past and present. This isn't some fun adventure movie franchise. It's a goddamn dystopian hellscape from which the heroes have no chance of escape. Thanks to TFA, we know there will always be an endless horde of literal nazis with endless supplies of planet killing super weapons. Nothing anyone does here matters. Only death and slavery await all life in the universe.

What a tragedy.

thanks Obama!

_________________
Dev wrote:
you're delusional. you are a sad sad person. fuck off. you're mentally ill beyond repair. i don't need your shit. dissapear.

Spoiler: show
people change. people stay the same. people are so often disappointing - random PM, person unnamed


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Star Wars: Han Solo (5/25/2018)
PostPosted: Fri December 29, 2017 1:07 am 
Offline
User avatar
An enigma of a man shaped hole in the wall between reality and the soul of the devil.
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:13 pm
Posts: 34269
Location: Donkeys live a long time.
I mean, sure, there can always be new challenges. They don't have to live happily ever after. There will always be new ways to force the characters to grow or fail. New factions, both within and without, could threaten to destroy them. hell, they could even be old enemies returning. But, fuck, not this. This is stagnation.

_________________
Death is coming. Eat trash. Be free.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Star Wars: Han Solo (5/25/2018)
PostPosted: Fri December 29, 2017 1:11 am 
Offline
User avatar
An enigma of a man shaped hole in the wall between reality and the soul of the devil.
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:13 pm
Posts: 34269
Location: Donkeys live a long time.
malice wrote:
thanks Obama!

When is Trump gonna build the space wall?

_________________
Death is coming. Eat trash. Be free.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Star Wars: Han Solo (5/25/2018)
PostPosted: Fri December 29, 2017 1:12 am 
Offline
User avatar
Misplaced My Sponge
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 9:52 pm
Posts: 6017
Burt gets it.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Star Wars: Han Solo (5/25/2018)
PostPosted: Fri December 29, 2017 1:21 am 
Offline
User avatar
An enigma of a man shaped hole in the wall between reality and the soul of the devil.
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:13 pm
Posts: 34269
Location: Donkeys live a long time.
I love watching Return of the Jedi now, knowing that, rather than it being a happy ending, turns out the rebellion is slowly crushed, the imperials emerge stronger and more brutal than ever, Han and Leia have a child that turns out to be literally Hitler x100000000 then they break up, and Luke loses faith in everything he's ever believed and totally gives up until it's too late to make any real difference.

Such a fun franchise.

_________________
Death is coming. Eat trash. Be free.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Star Wars: Han Solo (5/25/2018)
PostPosted: Fri December 29, 2017 1:30 am 
Offline
User avatar
NEVER STOP JAMMING!
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 12:35 am
Posts: 22028
BurtReynolds wrote:
I love watching Return of the Jedi now, knowing that, rather than it being a happy ending, turns out the rebellion is slowly crushed, the imperials emerge stronger and more brutal than ever, Han and Leia have a child that turns out to be literally Hitler x100000000 then they break up, and Luke loses faith in everything he's ever believed and totally gives up until it's too late to make any real difference.

Such a fun franchise.



I.....wow....

_________________
durdencommatyler wrote:
dimejinky-the Han Solo of RM.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Star Wars: Han Solo (5/25/2018)
PostPosted: Fri December 29, 2017 1:50 am 
Offline
User avatar
An enigma of a man shaped hole in the wall between reality and the soul of the devil.
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:13 pm
Posts: 34269
Location: Donkeys live a long time.
JJ Abrams presents Star Wars:


_________________
Death is coming. Eat trash. Be free.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Star Wars: Han Solo (5/25/2018)
PostPosted: Fri December 29, 2017 3:40 am 
Offline
User avatar
The worst
 Profile

Joined: Thu December 13, 2012 6:31 pm
Posts: 31729
BurtReynolds wrote:
stip wrote:
burt likes it when everyone lives happily ever after and nothing changes

Change? CHANGE!? I pray to God for some change from this goddamn franchise! Anything but a war between imperials and rebels that has been going on for like... what... sixty years?! and has cost untold billions of lives and has utterly destroyed the protagonists?!

Christ that's depressing. It hangs over everything in the world now, past and present. This isn't some fun adventure movie franchise. It's a goddamn dystopian hellscape from which the heroes have no chance of escape. Thanks to TFA, we know there will always be an endless horde of literal nazis with endless supplies of planet killing super weapons. Nothing anyone does here matters. Only death and slavery await all life in the universe.

What a tragedy.



The rebels did win. They won for thirty years. But nothing lasts forever


This is probably how people felt at the end of Empire, too. It's this point in a three part narrative that your protagonists are supposed to be at their lowest. We'll get our happy ending. Rest easy, young Burt.


The stuff that Johnson is doing next is allegedly set in some other corner of the galaxy and completely unrelated to anything that's come before. But this is part of the saga story, which is a nine part sweep of one conflict (pretty much the same one) that runs through three generations, focused primarily around one family of particular importance. These parallels are perfectly appropriate since this is ultimately one long story

_________________
So many tournaments, so little time


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Star Wars: Han Solo (5/25/2018)
PostPosted: Fri December 29, 2017 3:45 am 
Offline
User avatar
The worst
 Profile

Joined: Thu December 13, 2012 6:31 pm
Posts: 31729
it should also probably be noted that, at the end of Jedi, the rebels have one a great victory. But the Empire still controls, you know, the galaxy - what with their vast army and huge fleet of star destroyers and all the rest. Because the formal story ended their (not counting the EU stuff) for a long time we wrote in a 'they all lived happily ever after' ending, but that's not one that necessarily makes sense, and these new films challenge that

_________________
So many tournaments, so little time


Top
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3660 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80 ... 183  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » Arts & Entertainment » Star Wars


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
It is currently Wed October 17, 2018 5:46 am