The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » Arts & Entertainment » Star Wars




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3723 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 100, 101, 102, 103, 104, 105, 106 ... 187  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Star Wars: Han Solo (5/25/2018)
PostPosted: Wed February 07, 2018 8:10 pm 
Online
User avatar
NEVER STOP JAMMING!
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 12:35 am
Posts: 22410
“I think the main thing that’s different is that the Han we meet in this film is more of an idealist,” Ehrenreich tells EW. “He has certain dreams that he follows, and we watch how it affects him as those dreams meet new realities — realities that are harder and more challenging than he’d expected.”

http://ew.com/movies/2018/02/07/solo-a- ... deep-dive/

_________________
durdencommatyler wrote:
dimejinky-the Han Solo of RM.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Star Wars: Han Solo (5/25/2018)
PostPosted: Wed February 07, 2018 8:19 pm 
Online
User avatar
NEVER STOP JAMMING!
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 12:35 am
Posts: 22410
Wow. This one is packed with good stuff from Ford. He loves Han a lot more than he’s ever let on it’s clear from this.


“Tell them I told you everything you needed to know, and that you can’t tell anyone.”
That was Harrison Ford’s advice to Alden Ehrenreich, the man who would be Han, when they sat down for lunch in January of last year shortly before production began on Solo: A Star Wars Story.

http://ew.com/movies/2018/02/07/harriso ... ars-story/

_________________
durdencommatyler wrote:
dimejinky-the Han Solo of RM.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Star Wars: Han Solo (5/25/2018)
PostPosted: Wed February 07, 2018 8:39 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Misplaced My Sponge
 Profile

Joined: Fri July 12, 2013 9:11 pm
Posts: 6506
Location: Oslo, Norway
That one was interesting.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Star Wars: Han Solo (5/25/2018)
PostPosted: Wed February 07, 2018 8:56 pm 
Online
User avatar
NEVER STOP JAMMING!
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 12:35 am
Posts: 22410
I was gobsmacked. He got really interested once they cast it. He probably doesn’t want it all reflecting badly on him so gave Alden the encouragement he needed maybe.


Ehhhhh....I think I’m warming up to this Falcon

_________________
durdencommatyler wrote:
dimejinky-the Han Solo of RM.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Star Wars: Han Solo (5/25/2018)
PostPosted: Wed February 07, 2018 9:19 pm 
Online
User avatar
Misplaced My Sponge
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 6:03 pm
Posts: 6275
Location: Washington State
Who let Richmond out of his room?


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Star Wars: Han Solo (5/25/2018)
PostPosted: Wed February 07, 2018 9:42 pm 
Online
User avatar
NEVER STOP JAMMING!
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 12:35 am
Posts: 22410
We are definitely going to see that cargo section in between the mandibles dropped before the end of the film.

Howard’s hinted as much in EW

_________________
durdencommatyler wrote:
dimejinky-the Han Solo of RM.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Star Wars: Han Solo (5/25/2018)
PostPosted: Thu February 08, 2018 12:15 am 
Offline
User avatar
F.U.B.A.R
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Wed July 03, 2013 11:21 pm
Posts: 16294
Location: Lft Craquepeau
It better be in some epic fashion, to destroy something or cause some kind of deterrent/decoy in an epic getaway.

_________________
Rangi Guy wrote:
So skating back to the train station after work today things went wrong.....now my skateboard is at the bottom of the harbour :(


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Star Wars: Han Solo (5/25/2018)
PostPosted: Fri February 09, 2018 6:23 pm 
Online
User avatar
NEVER STOP JAMMING!
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 12:35 am
Posts: 22410
Lucas helped direct a scene in Solo. That’s cool



_________________
durdencommatyler wrote:
dimejinky-the Han Solo of RM.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Star Wars: Han Solo (5/25/2018)
PostPosted: Fri February 09, 2018 6:53 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Misplaced My Sponge
 Profile

Joined: Fri July 12, 2013 9:11 pm
Posts: 6506
Location: Oslo, Norway
That's cool. Wish he had been around more than that one day.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Star Wars: Han Solo (5/25/2018)
PostPosted: Fri February 09, 2018 9:19 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Unqualified to be an Admin
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Wed December 19, 2012 9:53 pm
Posts: 9683
Location: Chapel Hill, NC, USA
dimejinky99 wrote:
Lucas helped direct a scene in Solo. That’s cool


Was it that scene with the Han Solo talking about everything being fine? Because that's the scene that lost my confidence in this movie.

_________________
"In a roundabout way, Boba Fett created Pearl Jam." - Chuck Klosterman


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Star Wars: Han Solo (5/25/2018)
PostPosted: Fri February 09, 2018 9:27 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Misplaced My Sponge
 Profile

Joined: Fri July 12, 2013 9:11 pm
Posts: 6506
Location: Oslo, Norway
B wrote:
dimejinky99 wrote:
Lucas helped direct a scene in Solo. That’s cool


Was it that scene with the Han Solo talking about everything being fine? Because that's the scene that lost my confidence in this movie.


“He had intended to just kind of stop by and say hi, and he stayed five hours,” Kennedy says. “There’s even one little moment in a scene that — I can’t tell you what, sorry — but in the scene on the Millennium Falcon where George said, ‘Why doesn’t Han just do this.’”

In other words, George Lucas helped direct a small part of Solo.

“It actually is a funny little bit that will probably get a laugh,” Kennedy says. “And Ron happened to be by the monitor and not inside the Falcon and he goes, ‘Oh that’s a great idea,’ and ran in and said, ‘George wants us to do this.’ So that was pretty cool. I think George felt pretty great about that. He could revisit these characters, and I think he felt so comfortable, obviously with Ron being there, that it was just fun for him.

Lucas’ final wisdom for his old American Graffiti actor: "just enjoy this."


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Star Wars: Han Solo (5/25/2018)
PostPosted: Fri February 09, 2018 11:07 pm 
Offline
User avatar
10Club Complaint Department
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:10 pm
Posts: 15068
We know now why the lead actor sucks.

_________________
BONE FUCKIN´ TOMAHAWK.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Star Wars: Han Solo (5/25/2018)
PostPosted: Fri February 09, 2018 11:47 pm 
Online
User avatar
NEVER STOP JAMMING!
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 12:35 am
Posts: 22410
VinylGuy wrote:
We know now why the lead actor sucks.



Cmon now.
That’s not fair.

_________________
durdencommatyler wrote:
dimejinky-the Han Solo of RM.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Star Wars: Han Solo (5/25/2018)
PostPosted: Sat February 10, 2018 12:00 am 
Offline
User avatar
10Club Complaint Department
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:10 pm
Posts: 15068
SPEAK LIKE A LIFELESS LOG.

_________________
BONE FUCKIN´ TOMAHAWK.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Star Wars: Han Solo (5/25/2018)
PostPosted: Sat February 10, 2018 6:11 am 
Offline
User avatar
Misplaced My Sponge
 Profile

Joined: Fri July 12, 2013 9:11 pm
Posts: 6506
Location: Oslo, Norway
So here’s a cute little story of how Lucas visited the set, and made one small single advice that the director loved, and the people behind the movie said made for a funny moment. So then people come along making bad jokes about how his involvement would hurt the movie. I don’t get that. The man is a genius.


Last edited by Anders on Sat February 10, 2018 4:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Star Wars: Han Solo (5/25/2018)
PostPosted: Sat February 10, 2018 2:20 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Unqualified to be an Admin
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Wed December 19, 2012 9:53 pm
Posts: 9683
Location: Chapel Hill, NC, USA
Anders wrote:
B wrote:
dimejinky99 wrote:
Lucas helped direct a scene in Solo. That’s cool


Was it that scene with the Han Solo talking about everything being fine? Because that's the scene that lost my confidence in this movie.


“He had intended to just kind of stop by and say hi, and he stayed five hours,” Kennedy says. “There’s even one little moment in a scene that — I can’t tell you what, sorry — but in the scene on the Millennium Falcon where George said, ‘Why doesn’t Han just do this.’”

In other words, George Lucas helped direct a small part of Solo.

“It actually is a funny little bit that will probably get a laugh,” Kennedy says. “And Ron happened to be by the monitor and not inside the Falcon and he goes, ‘Oh that’s a great idea,’ and ran in and said, ‘George wants us to do this.’ So that was pretty cool. I think George felt pretty great about that. He could revisit these characters, and I think he felt so comfortable, obviously with Ron being there, that it was just fun for him.

Lucas’ final wisdom for his old American Graffiti actor: "just enjoy this."


So, yes. :shake: I could spot Lucas' ham-handed, sloppy direction anywhere.

_________________
"In a roundabout way, Boba Fett created Pearl Jam." - Chuck Klosterman


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Star Wars: Han Solo (5/25/2018)
PostPosted: Sat February 10, 2018 3:14 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Posting (live)
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 4:18 am
Posts: 18388
is vader in this


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Star Wars: Han Solo (5/25/2018)
PostPosted: Sat February 10, 2018 3:28 pm 
Online
User avatar
NEVER STOP JAMMING!
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 12:35 am
Posts: 22410
spike wrote:
is vader in this



No but Boba fett probably is.

_________________
durdencommatyler wrote:
dimejinky-the Han Solo of RM.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Star Wars: Han Solo (5/25/2018)
PostPosted: Sat February 10, 2018 4:02 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Misplaced My Sponge
 Profile

Joined: Fri July 12, 2013 9:11 pm
Posts: 6506
Location: Oslo, Norway
B wrote:
Anders wrote:
B wrote:
dimejinky99 wrote:
Lucas helped direct a scene in Solo. That’s cool


Was it that scene with the Han Solo talking about everything being fine? Because that's the scene that lost my confidence in this movie.


“He had intended to just kind of stop by and say hi, and he stayed five hours,” Kennedy says. “There’s even one little moment in a scene that — I can’t tell you what, sorry — but in the scene on the Millennium Falcon where George said, ‘Why doesn’t Han just do this.’”

In other words, George Lucas helped direct a small part of Solo.

“It actually is a funny little bit that will probably get a laugh,” Kennedy says. “And Ron happened to be by the monitor and not inside the Falcon and he goes, ‘Oh that’s a great idea,’ and ran in and said, ‘George wants us to do this.’ So that was pretty cool. I think George felt pretty great about that. He could revisit these characters, and I think he felt so comfortable, obviously with Ron being there, that it was just fun for him.

Lucas’ final wisdom for his old American Graffiti actor: "just enjoy this."


So, yes. :shake: I could spot Lucas' ham-handed, sloppy direction anywhere.


I love him as a director. Doesn't get much better than American Grafitti or A New Hope.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Star Wars: Han Solo (5/25/2018)
PostPosted: Sat February 10, 2018 4:03 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Posting (live)
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 4:18 am
Posts: 18388
dimejinky99 wrote:
spike wrote:
is vader in this



No but Boba fett probably is.

meh


Top
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3723 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 100, 101, 102, 103, 104, 105, 106 ... 187  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » Arts & Entertainment » Star Wars


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: bune, dimejinky99, Rangi Guy and 3 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
It is currently Thu November 15, 2018 11:32 pm