The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » Arts & Entertainment » Star Wars

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3887 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 106, 107, 108, 109, 110, 111, 112 ... 195  Next
 Post subject: Re: Star Wars: Han Solo (5/25/2018)
PostPosted: Wed March 07, 2018 11:28 am 
F.U.B.A.R
 WWW  Profile

Chrome on Android is working fine. Throw that Apple thing in the bin. :)

PostPosted: Sun March 11, 2018 6:24 am 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

PostPosted: Sun March 18, 2018 12:47 am 
The Master

This movie is hilariously getting overlooked by lucasfilm and everybody else.

PostPosted: Sun March 18, 2018 1:13 pm 
what on earth am I talking about

I wondered about that. But we got two huge trailers for ready player one and avengers so they’re probably waiting until that’s died down before the kick the Solo marketing into gear.

PostPosted: Sun March 18, 2018 3:28 pm 
The Master

dimejinky99 wrote:
I wondered about that. But we got two huge trailers for ready player one and avengers so they’re probably waiting until that’s died down before the kick the Solo marketing into gear.

I mean, even Star Wars doesnt post about the movie :\

Its interesting.

PostPosted: Mon March 26, 2018 8:29 pm 
The Master

“Solo: A Star Wars Story” will forever be associated with its behind-the-scenes troubles, regardless of how great the final product ends up being when it’s released in theaters this May. Original directors Phil Lord and Chris Miller were infamously fired in June 2017 after several months of production. Ron Howard quickly stepped in to re-shoot scenes and finish the movie. Rumors have percolated for months about what truly went down behind the scenes, and now a member of the production is trying to separate fact from speculation.

An anonymous actor who was featured prominently enough to be called back for the movie’s reshoots spoke with Vulture about the film’s production troubles and cleared up some of the rumors surrounding the Lucasfilm tentpole. The actor says the key difference between Lord and Miller and Ron Howard was efficiency. The duo typically demanded more than 30 takes for each scene because they were “unsure of what they wanted other than a delivery ‘different’ from the last.” Howard only needed two or three takes and his confidence “got respect immediately” on set.

Read More:‘Solo’ Trailer: 8 Important Takeaways From New Look at Ron Howard’s Standalone ‘Star Wars’ Epic

“Phil and Chris are good directors, but they weren’t prepared for ‘Star Wars,’” the actor said. “After the 25th take, the actors are looking at each other like, ‘This is getting weird.’ [Lord and Miller] seemed a bit out of control. They definitely felt the pressure; with one of these movies, there are so many people on top of you all the time. The first assistant director was really experienced and had to step in to help them direct a lot of scenes.”

According to the actor, the script did not change when Howard came on board. The director did not film new scenes but re-shot the Lord and Miller scenes that just weren’t working or nailing the intended tone Lucasfilm envisioned for the project.

“It’s exactly the same script,” the actor said. “They’re filming exactly the same things. There’s nothing new. [Lord and Miller] used whole sets. But Ron is just using parts from those sets. I guess they’re not shooting wide angle. Maybe to save money.”

As for Alden Ehrenreich, the breakout star of the Coen Brothers’ “Hail, Caesar!” who is getting his biggest break thus far in the title role, the rumor of an acting coach being needed on the “Solo” set to help him improve is allegedly true. The actor said an acting coach was brought on board in March 2017 to help Ehrenreich “convincingly channel [Harrison] Ford’s swashbuckling affect in the original three ‘Star Wars’ movies.”

“Trying to mimic Harrison Ford is really tough,” the actor said. “Lucasfilm wanted something very specific: copying someone else. Alden’s not a bad actor — just not good enough.”

The actor admitted that the coach ultimately helped Ehrenreich and the production overall. “You could see his acting became more relaxed,” the actor said. “He became more Harrison-like. The coach helped!”

“Solo: A Star Wars Story” will open nationwide May 25. Head over to Vulture to read the actor’s entire report.

Sign Up:Stay on top of the latest breaking film and TV news! Sign up for our Email Newsletters here.

PostPosted: Mon March 26, 2018 9:55 pm 
F.U.B.A.R
 WWW  Profile

This is going to be The Room 2.0.

PostPosted: Tue March 27, 2018 8:33 am 

Strat wrote:
“Solo: A Star Wars Story” will forever be associated with its behind-the-scenes troubles, regardless of how great the final product ends up being when it’s released in theaters this May. Original directors Phil Lord and Chris Miller were infamously fired in June 2017 after several months of production. Ron Howard quickly stepped in to re-shoot scenes and finish the movie. Rumors have percolated for months about what truly went down behind the scenes, and now a member of the production is trying to separate fact from speculation.

An anonymous actor who was featured prominently enough to be called back for the movie’s reshoots spoke with Vulture about the film’s production troubles and cleared up some of the rumors surrounding the Lucasfilm tentpole. The actor says the key difference between Lord and Miller and Ron Howard was efficiency. The duo typically demanded more than 30 takes for each scene because they were “unsure of what they wanted other than a delivery ‘different’ from the last.” Howard only needed two or three takes and his confidence “got respect immediately” on set.

Read More:‘Solo’ Trailer: 8 Important Takeaways From New Look at Ron Howard’s Standalone ‘Star Wars’ Epic

“Phil and Chris are good directors, but they weren’t prepared for ‘Star Wars,’” the actor said. “After the 25th take, the actors are looking at each other like, ‘This is getting weird.’ [Lord and Miller] seemed a bit out of control. They definitely felt the pressure; with one of these movies, there are so many people on top of you all the time. The first assistant director was really experienced and had to step in to help them direct a lot of scenes.”

According to the actor, the script did not change when Howard came on board. The director did not film new scenes but re-shot the Lord and Miller scenes that just weren’t working or nailing the intended tone Lucasfilm envisioned for the project.

“It’s exactly the same script,” the actor said. “They’re filming exactly the same things. There’s nothing new. [Lord and Miller] used whole sets. But Ron is just using parts from those sets. I guess they’re not shooting wide angle. Maybe to save money.”

As for Alden Ehrenreich, the breakout star of the Coen Brothers’ “Hail, Caesar!” who is getting his biggest break thus far in the title role, the rumor of an acting coach being needed on the “Solo” set to help him improve is allegedly true. The actor said an acting coach was brought on board in March 2017 to help Ehrenreich “convincingly channel [Harrison] Ford’s swashbuckling affect in the original three ‘Star Wars’ movies.”

“Trying to mimic Harrison Ford is really tough,” the actor said. “Lucasfilm wanted something very specific: copying someone else. Alden’s not a bad actor — just not good enough.”

The actor admitted that the coach ultimately helped Ehrenreich and the production overall. “You could see his acting became more relaxed,” the actor said. “He became more Harrison-like. The coach helped!”

“Solo: A Star Wars Story” will open nationwide May 25. Head over to Vulture to read the actor’s entire report.

Sign Up:Stay on top of the latest breaking film and TV news! Sign up for our Email Newsletters here.

Pretty much every single word In that article Is wrong. Gets torn apart surgically here. Great read.

PostPosted: Thu March 29, 2018 7:53 pm 
The worst

where is the actual article, Dime?

Running TSIS Review

I Am No Guide - Pearl Jam Song by Song - Coming this July!
He/Him/His

PostPosted: Thu March 29, 2018 8:24 pm 

stip wrote:
where is the actual article, Dime?

Calmly and quietly telling you it was from a nobody actor on set. Not a known name. But somehow had access to all the production meetings when KK decided to change course.

It was fucking clickbait. Read the full tweet I posted above. That’s just one of every single fan site taking it apart even the haters.

PostPosted: Thu March 29, 2018 8:25 pm 

I can’t find it, seems they might have withdrawn it.

I wonder Fucking why

PostPosted: Thu March 29, 2018 8:26 pm 
The Master

I posted it above.

Also, is this movie still happening?

PostPosted: Thu March 29, 2018 8:27 pm 
jeeeesus relax already

Its coming on Netflix.

PostPosted: Thu March 29, 2018 8:29 pm 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

VinylGuy wrote:
Its coming on Netflix.

:haha:

PostPosted: Thu March 29, 2018 8:52 pm 

Strat wrote:
I posted it above.

Please stop posting click bait.

PostPosted: Thu March 29, 2018 8:55 pm 
The Master

dimejinky99 wrote:
Strat wrote:
I posted it above.

Suck my dick.

PostPosted: Thu March 29, 2018 8:56 pm 

Strat wrote:
dimejinky99 wrote:
Strat wrote:
I posted it above.

Suck my dick.

No. I will kick your ass though. Such as it is

PostPosted: Thu March 29, 2018 8:57 pm 
The Master

You dont mean that.

PostPosted: Thu March 29, 2018 8:59 pm 

Well I didn’t wanna say you were chubby. Cos that’s a lie.

PostPosted: Thu March 29, 2018 8:59 pm 
The Master

Im sensitive about my weight lately.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3887 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 106, 107, 108, 109, 110, 111, 112 ... 195  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » Arts & Entertainment » Star Wars