Switch to full style
May the force be with you
Post a reply

Re: Star Wars: Clone Wars

Tue March 27, 2018 8:40 pm

I wish they would have kept the 2003 one cannon. I know they used ideas, but I particularly liked that Grievous gets his cough from Mace Windu.

Wed March 28, 2018 5:51 am

darth_vedder wrote:I wish they would have kept the 2003 one cannon. I know they used ideas, but I particularly liked that Grievous gets his cough from Mace Windu.

Yes! And the way the last episode did the Palpatine kidnapping leading directly to the start of Episode III was really great. I still have the DVDs of these, and they are canon in my mind

Wed March 28, 2018 11:48 am

swan wrote:
darth_vedder wrote:I wish they would have kept the 2003 one cannon. I know they used ideas, but I particularly liked that Grievous gets his cough from Mace Windu.

Yes! And the way the last episode did the Palpatine kidnapping leading directly to the start of Episode III was really great. I still have the DVDs of these, and they are canon in my mind

I have them, too, but I never finished watching them.

Wed March 28, 2018 1:16 pm

wease wrote:
swan wrote:

I have them, too, but I never finished watching them.

They're good and added a lot to the series I thought. You could easily binge watch since each episode is only a few minutes.

Wed March 28, 2018 2:08 pm

Tartakovsky is a genius.

Wed March 28, 2018 4:47 pm

I still treat them as canon and when something contradicts, I just give it to the "official" series. But as far as I'm concerned a lot of that stuff still stands.

Wed March 28, 2018 5:29 pm

I’ve never even seen them but I will.

* hi Joseph. I miss you.

Wed March 28, 2018 7:39 pm

dimejinky99 wrote:I’ve never even seen them but I will.

* hi Joseph. I miss you.

Hello, friend! I'm right here.

Wed March 28, 2018 7:53 pm

I know

Wed March 28, 2018 8:05 pm

Wed April 04, 2018 11:30 am

that’s a pretty good argument for getting people to watch this series

Tue May 01, 2018 11:28 pm

What's better, Clone Wars or Rebels? I was thinking about watching one.

Tue May 01, 2018 11:49 pm

CopperTom wrote:What's better, Clone Wars or Rebels? I was thinking about watching one.

Overall clone wars is way more enjoyable. 40+ hours of Lucas laying down and filling out his vision for the prequels. Why that may not sound like a ringing endorsement you get so much more in depth on the Jedi, as an entity and the politics and personalities. Far far more on the machinations of Palpatine and it jumps all over the galaxy mainly with Obi wan and Anakin (it’ll make you like them both a whole lot more. Anakin especially)

It’s 6 seasons but each episode is only 22 minutes and there’s that list you can look up to find out how to watch them chronologically (they were broadcast out of order and still are sold that way weirdly).

Rebels is a lot lighter and for the kids. Clone wars was mostly for older audiences and the pitch to kids and younger audiences very much diminished when you compare the two.

Tue May 01, 2018 11:52 pm

*forgot to say, the clone wars series made me appreciate the prequels a whole lot more. Hard to believe but it’s true.

Wed May 02, 2018 3:32 am

But Rebels has Hera and Chopper.

Tue June 26, 2018 5:12 pm

10 years. Madness.

Tue June 26, 2018 6:59 pm

Are they gonna showing the first episodes of Resistance at San Diego Comic con?

Sat July 14, 2018 2:34 pm

Rumours flying around that something is gonna be announced at next weeks Clone Wars panel at SDCC. they range from we might be getting the final season at last to an announcement that the show is staring up again.
It’s more likely they’ll show a clip or first episode of resistance but those who know this stuff are saying something might be happening.

It would be great to get the final season. It was never finished. I wonder how they could do it.

Thu July 19, 2018 8:22 pm

Bump for skitch

Thu July 19, 2018 8:41 pm

I'm so fucking excited! :bammer: :bammer: :bammer:
Post a reply