Switch to full style
May the force be with you
Post a reply

Re: Star Wars: Clone Wars

Wed January 06, 2021 2:29 pm

After a few failed attempts, I'm finally working my way through this show. I had to force myself to plow through most of the first season and now that I'm nearing the end of season 2, I'm starting to really enjoy it.

It still boggles my mind that Ahsoka turns into one of the most beloved characters in all of Star Wars, because right now she's one of the worst.

Wed January 06, 2021 2:32 pm

It took me a long time to get through season one, too.

So worth it after that, though.

Wed January 06, 2021 2:48 pm

epilogue wrote:It took me a long time to get through season one, too.

:thumbsup:
Looking forward to getting to the really good stuff

Wed January 06, 2021 4:35 pm

Farmer John wrote:
epilogue wrote:It took me a long time to get through season one, too.

:thumbsup:
Looking forward to getting to the really good stuff

Season 3 on is mostly great. There are always a few side stories and random arcs that aren't as great. But the show take finds it's voice in S3.

Wed February 03, 2021 5:06 pm

Farmer John wrote:After a few failed attempts, I'm finally working my way through this show. I had to force myself to plow through most of the first season and now that I'm nearing the end of season 2, I'm starting to really enjoy it.

It still boggles my mind that Ahsoka turns into one of the most beloved characters in all of Star Wars, because right now she's one of the worst.

I was in the same situation. Things really take off after season 2 and there are some legitimate mind-blowers in Seasons 4 and 5 (I'm halfway through season 5 right now). Ahsoka starts to come into her own in late season 4 / early season 5. Can't wait to plow through the rest.

Sun February 07, 2021 7:48 am

Just finished. Incredible. Can’t wait for Bad Batch and Ahsoka. I’m now starting Rebels.

Sun February 07, 2021 7:52 am

B wrote:I disagree. If you've watched all of a Season 1 and still don't like it. It's not your think, and you shouldn't feel guilty about it.

Find an on-line list of the 10 best episodes.
https://www.sideshow.com/geek/top-10-ep ... lone-wars/

Hard disagree with this. It took me years to get through seasons 1 and 2. At the urging of my buddy, I finally restarted a few months ago and finished season 7 tonight. I’m not in love with seasons 1 through 3 but they’re a necessary foundation for the incredible stuff that comes after. I consider the
Spoiler: show
death of Ziro the Hutt
to be symbolic of the moment the show pivots from too much corniness to all out awesomeness.
Last edited by Ensign9 on Sun February 07, 2021 10:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sun February 07, 2021 8:12 am

And yes, I am now going to read through this entire thread and vigorously defend this show from any and all criticism (unless said criticism is about Ziro the Hutt, because fuck that guy).

Sun February 07, 2021 10:43 am

The Maul vs Ahsoka fight was top notch. I found myself obsessing over Maul’s footwork. That had to have been motion capture, right?

Sun February 07, 2021 11:42 am

They did mo so with ray parks and a stunt woman for that Yeah. You can really tell too. In the best way.

Glad you enjoyed it Ensign. It’s really a great series on its own but it also improves the prequels and elevates them in many ways.

Mon February 08, 2021 6:18 am

dimejinky99 wrote:They did mo so with ray parks and a stunt woman for that Yeah. You can really tell too. In the best way.

Glad you enjoyed it Ensign. It’s really a great series on its own but it also improves the prequels and elevates them in many ways.

They do. In fantasyland, I’d love to see Filoni re-do all of the prequel storylines as an animated series in this style.

Wed March 17, 2021 11:31 am

April 2nd, that Cartoon Network series is coming to D+.

Fri March 19, 2021 10:00 pm

Genddy tartakovskys Clone Wars coming to Disney + April 2nd

Fri March 19, 2021 10:16 pm

My god dime. Did you not even look at the last post in the thread before posting?

Fri March 19, 2021 10:30 pm

Mine had more information than Bs

Plus. It was B. Cmon I had to

Sat March 20, 2021 2:59 am

It was the exact same information!

Sat March 20, 2021 3:03 am

I didn't use Genddy Tartakovsky's name.

Sat March 20, 2021 3:28 am

Didn’t spell it right either

Sat March 20, 2021 11:41 am

dimejinky99 wrote:Didn’t spell it right either

Well, I copied and pasted you, so that's not on me.

Wed August 16, 2023 1:30 am

Post a reply