The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » Arts & Entertainment » Star Wars

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1348 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65 ... 68  Next
 Post subject: Re: Star Wars: Clone Wars
PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2020 12:40 pm 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

@SkitchP wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
@SkitchP wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
But also, I don't reminder R7 sounding like Chopper. Are you sure that's a retcon?

No, it was a mistake i made watching last weeks episode and posted. It was the other astromech called CH-33P that sounded like Chop. Try to keep up

But you said... Nevermind. Good to see you Skitch.

You too!

I really want CH-33P's parts to be salvaged to be part of C1-1OP

He's Hera's Droid, right? So maybe that can still happen? Or were the three droids totalled?

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2020 12:42 pm 
RM Elitist

durdencommatyler wrote:
@SkitchP wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
@SkitchP wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
But also, I don't reminder R7 sounding like Chopper. Are you sure that's a retcon?

No, it was a mistake i made watching last weeks episode and posted. It was the other astromech called CH-33P that sounded like Chop. Try to keep up

You too!

He's Hera's Droid, right? So maybe that can still happen? Or were the three droids totalled?

Yeah he's Hera's. But he was shot by the clones then crashed on the ship. RIP CH-33P

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2020 12:43 pm 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

@SkitchP wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
@SkitchP wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
@SkitchP wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:

You too!

Yeah he's Hera's. But he was shot by the clones then crashed on the ship. RIP CH-33P

Right. Sorry buddy.

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2020 12:45 pm 
RM Elitist

durdencommatyler wrote:
@SkitchP wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
@SkitchP wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
@SkitchP wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:

You too!

Right. Sorry buddy.

Star Wars finds a new way to disappoint

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2020 2:01 pm 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

@SkitchP wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
@SkitchP wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
@SkitchP wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
@SkitchP wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:

You too!

Right. Sorry buddy.

It's the only constant in these unsettled times

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2020 2:43 pm 
Troglodyte
 WWW  Profile

durdencommatyler wrote:
B wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
E.H. Ruddock wrote:
B wrote:
I have never examined any part of TCW so closely. Two sabers on her hip when she pulls down the hatch in Rex's ship. Now, why would they have her only drop one?

Even if you didn't give a shit about the novel, she should have dropped two.

The other one was snow covered and Vader was too lazy and cold to look for it

B said that's factually untrue.

Whoever decided to have Anakin fuck around with Ahsoka's crystals.

wat

They were green when she left the order, right? Then Anakin gives them back to her and they're blue? That wasn't a natural shift in color. He fucked around with the crystals or switched them out or something. Right?

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2020 2:48 pm 
Troglodyte
 WWW  Profile

@SkitchP wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
@SkitchP wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
@SkitchP wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
@SkitchP wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:

You too!

Right. Sorry buddy.

Hey, the remnants of R7 are piled up under Rex and Ahsoka's ship at the end. If they could salvage him, no reason they could salvage parts from another droid. Or someone else could have later.

I say you need to keep believing.

Oh, and FUCK Disney Plus for not letting me printscreen that.

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2020 3:33 pm 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

B wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
B wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
E.H. Ruddock wrote:
B wrote:
I have never examined any part of TCW so closely. Two sabers on her hip when she pulls down the hatch in Rex's ship. Now, why would they have her only drop one?

Even if you didn't give a shit about the novel, she should have dropped two.

The other one was snow covered and Vader was too lazy and cold to look for it

B said that's factually untrue.

Whoever decided to have Anakin fuck around with Ahsoka's crystals.

wat

They were green when she left the order, right? Then Anakin gives them back to her and they're blue? That wasn't a natural shift in color. He fucked around with the crystals or switched them out or something. Right?

I mean... okay, there's two things happening here. The first is that I don't understand your actual post as a response to mine. What does "Whoever decided to have Anakin fuck around with Ahsoka's crystals" have to do with anything you quoted? Why was that your response????

Secondly, did Anakin say something to her when he gave them back about making changes/adjustments/improvements? I can't remember. But if he didn't, then yeah. It's a big fucking whiff on Filoni's part.

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2020 3:42 pm 
Troglodyte
 WWW  Profile

He did say that they were "as good as new, maybe a little better." So yeah, Anakin changed them.

The other part was unimportant. I'm just trying to figure out the rationale for her only dropping one saber.

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2020 5:27 pm 
Guys, I am not a moderator! I swear to God! Why does everyone think I'm a moderator?

Looks like they didn't pay too much attention to the book for a few things. From wookieepedia:

Quote:
Chapter 9 of Ahsoka contains an editing error in which Vartan refers to Ahsoka Tano as "Ahsoka", rather than by the assumed name he knows her as, "Ashla". This, however, was corrected in the UK Paperback edition.

Differences with The Clone Wars: Season SevenEdit
The four-part grand finale of Star Wars: The Clone Wars, released as part of the series' seventh and final season in 2020, contradicts the novel on almost all details given regarding the Siege of Mandalore and Ahsoka and Rex's survival and escape from Order 66. In the novel, Anakin and Ahsoka's final conversation where he returns her lightsabers to her is described as him warning his former apprentice of Maul being "crafty" and "having no mercy" in him, whereas the episode "Old Friends Not Forgotten" simply has Anakin wishing Ahsoka good luck and them discussing how her lightsabers now have blue blades. The weapons' new colour are another contradiction, as her first pair of lightsabers is described as having their original green and green-yellow blades in the novel.[9]

"The Phantom Apprentice" presents a version of Maul's capture different from that of the novel's prologue. In the novel, Ahsoka's final duel with him occurs in a plaza, and she uses the fight to lure him to a place where her allies ensnare him in a ray shield, and their final conversation is an exchange of taunts about him being "half a Sith" and her not being a proper Jedi. In the episode, the final duel takes place on the support beams of Sundari's bio-dome, their conversation is about his earlier offer to her to join him to defeat Darth Sidious, and she defeats him after being disarmed when she manages to knock him off of a beam before catching him in midair with the Force, at which point Rex arrives with backup in several gunships, two Nite Owl warriors restrain Maul with their wrist-cables, and Rex stuns him.[10]

In the novel, it is implied that Order 66 occurs on Mandalore while Maul is trapped inside a ray shield, and that he is able to escape during the confusion. In "Shattered", however, Order 66 occurs on a starship, and Ahsoka lets Maul out of his prison to distract the clones.[11] Furthermore, the flashback scene describing how Ahsoka and Rex faked their deaths by burying another clone in his armour, with her abandoning her lightsabers atop the grave to sell the deception, is almost completely contradicted by "Victory and Death": in the episode, Ahsoka and Rex escape from the Venator-class Star Destroyer before it crash-lands on a moon, killing everyone else still aboard. Ahsoka does abandon her lightsaber at a grave site, but that of the ones she and Rex dug to bury everyone whose body they could find. Additionally, unlike the novel, Ahsoka is only seen leaving behind one of her lightsabers. What happens to her shoto lightsaber in the episode remains unknown.

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2020 6:00 pm 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

Looks like Jorge was dead right. AGAIN. Fuck that guy, amirite?

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2020 6:26 pm 
what on earth am I talking about

Three pages of this nonsense

Nobody cared When the Falcon got a new dish

Untwist Your tits there lads

It’s filoni. There are there and will be reasons for this explained

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2020 7:41 pm 
Troglodyte
 WWW  Profile

dimejinky99 wrote:
Three pages of this nonsense

Nobody cared When the Falcon got a new dish

Untwist Your tits there lads

It’s filoni. There are there and will be reasons for this explained

:shake: The Falcon is a garbage ship hodge podged together as it goes. It's a wonder the dish was the only thing that changed over the course of 30 years off screen.

A lightsaber is an extension of the Jedi's force awareness, hand built using a kyber crystal that is attuned to the Force and connected to each Jedi Knight on a deeply personal level and that gives off a vibration that helps the Jedi center themselves and find balance in the Force.

Lightsabers don't just change color, get traded like Pokemon cards, and get stuffed into a glovebox like a pocket flashlight.

Luke's lightsaber was saved from a maze of shafts on Cloud City, and we know almost exactly how he built the one to replace it. We know how Vader forged his saber. We even know why Kylo Ren's saber was unstable.

Ahsoka's lightsabers from the Clone Wars movie to the Rebels finale are an important part of lore to all Star Wars fans. It's a big deal the Anakin fucked up the color. It's a big deal that Ahsoka replaced her sabers with white ones. It's a big deal that she made reversed grips. It's a big deal that she dropped one or dropped two. It's a big deal that Vader has one.

Those last 4 episodes of TCW, as awesome as they were, created holes in their continuity. That's not a new thing for Star Wars, and I don't think it's unfair to ask, "Hey, why'd you decide to do that?"

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2020 8:45 pm 
Guys, I am not a moderator! I swear to God! Why does everyone think I'm a moderator?

Yeah wth dime. Just because you don't like Ahsoka. You go on and on about other bullshit

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2020 10:05 am 

I am just realising She left the Sabre to let the Empire know she did it she
Wrecked that ship

Red rag to Vader’s bull

And it’s letting him know specifically as it was him that fixed her blades to his liking

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2020 11:55 am 
Troglodyte
 WWW  Profile

:roll:

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2020 3:49 pm 
AnalLog

I want immediate propers for correctly telling you jobbers that she kept the shoto.

Also, Ruddock's post offers even more justification for my growing feeling that I no longer need to read these books. Practically nothing is intertwined to the level which was implied when they junked the EU canon...The more recent ones barely even contain any relevant crumbs, at this point.

Of course, The High Republic is a brand-new story set in a unique era, and I'm a sucker, so, that won't last long...

We still make records to be listened to — not that everyone will listen to a record track one to twelve in a row or side A or Side B — but we still make 'em in case somebody does want to listen to it like that, that's how we make em…

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2020 4:46 pm 

Someone did a SOM/ROTS super edit

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2020 5:15 pm 
Troglodyte
 WWW  Profile

dimejinky99 wrote:
Someone did a SOM/ROTS super edit

I always wanted Revenge of the Sith to go on for an extra 90 minutes!

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2020 5:17 pm 

oneway23 wrote:
I want immediate propers for correctly telling you jobbers that she kept the shoto.

Also, Ruddock's post offers even more justification for my growing feeling that I no longer need to read these books. Practically nothing is intertwined to the level which was implied when they junked the EU canon...The more recent ones barely even contain any relevant crumbs, at this point.

Of course, The High Republic is a brand-new story set in a unique era, and I'm a sucker, so, that won't last long...

I will say. The Ahsoka book did offer a cool insight into how Jedi make lightsabers.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1348 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65 ... 68  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » Arts & Entertainment » Star Wars