Switch to full style
May the force be with you
Post a reply

Re: Let's Actually Watch the Movie: Return of the Jedi

Sat July 29, 2017 11:41 am

dimejinky99 wrote:Still though. Could end up either hilarious or sore.

Quite probably both!

Thu October 12, 2017 2:09 pm

Just got this in the mail his morning. Nervous to read it. The empire book kinda ruined empire on me. I watched it after I finished and I saw a ton of stupid nonsensical story Fuck ups and stuff. I'll read it anyways.

Thu October 12, 2017 4:50 pm

classic dime post.

Ruined Empire? C'mon.

Thu October 12, 2017 6:14 pm

What??

Thu October 12, 2017 7:13 pm

Ah just dumb stuff when you know too much. R2 abandons luke and leaves with the gang on the falcon. How does Luke then get off bespin? He needs r2 for the x wing. R2 just fucks off. He doesn't know luke isn't coming back.

Force walkie talkie. So Vader can talk to Luke in his head using the force, but it only has limited range? It only works if he's close by? Isn't Vader meant to be all powerful Is the force not the thing that binds the galaxy together? Shouldn't he be able to contact him and further, find him at any point?

There's loads of others just some of the script pages and earlier drafts printed in the book made me notice them.

Thu October 12, 2017 8:03 pm

dimejinky99 wrote:Ah just dumb stuff when you know too much. R2 abandons luke and leaves with the gang on the falcon. How does Luke then get off bespin? He needs r2 for the x wing. R2 just fucks off. He doesn't know luke isn't coming back.

Force walkie talkie. So Vader can talk to Luke in his head using the force, but it only has limited range? It only works if he's close by? Isn't Vader meant to be all powerful Is the force not the thing that binds the galaxy together? Shouldn't he be able to contact him and further, find him at any point?

There's loads of others just some of the script pages and earlier drafts printed in the book made me notice them.

So those ruined the film? Every movie has shit like that.

Thu October 12, 2017 8:05 pm

Wait - the X-Wing won't work without R2? That's a pretty big design flaw, but then again the Empire thought AT-AT, and AT-ST walkers were a good idea.....and looking at the trailer for the new film still haven't learnt anything

Thu October 12, 2017 8:06 pm

Rangi Guy wrote:Wait - the X-Wing won't work without R2? That's a pretty big design flaw, but then again the Empire thought AT-AT, and AT_ST walkers were a good idea.....and looking at the trailer for the new film still haven't learnt anything

Their knees bend the other way now. Massive design problem fixed!

Thu October 12, 2017 8:34 pm

Ive never heard that X Wings dont work without droids.

Thu October 12, 2017 8:52 pm

Strat wrote:Ive never heard that X Wings dont work without droids.

What is the baloney?

Thu October 12, 2017 9:29 pm

X wings were designed in secret as a response to the new TIE fighters and the empire taking over and the first few prototypes delivered the rebellion before the empire could get their hands in them. They only managed to get a small few mad before they were found out.
They can't work without a droid to run all the systems though. This was a necessity in their design being rushed to get them to the rebellion in time.
That's actually canon now.

Thu October 12, 2017 9:40 pm

Nah - cause in the destruction of the first Death Star R2 gets taken out, but Luke is still able to fly his X-Wing sweet as bro!

Thu October 12, 2017 10:30 pm

Leia is able to fly the falcon. Yoda can fly a star fighter. Han can fly an imperial shuttle. Poe can fly anything

Your logic says that you personally can drive a ford but can't drive a Nissan.

Hope I don't have to explain this point.

Thu October 12, 2017 10:32 pm

I am very confused

Thu October 12, 2017 10:34 pm

I'll take a pic tomorrow of the thing in the book that details it and post it.

Thu October 12, 2017 11:34 pm

dimejinky99 wrote:Your logic says that you personally can drive a ford but can't drive a Nissan.

I can drive a car, but not a semi trailer though.

Thu October 12, 2017 11:39 pm

dimejinky99 wrote:Leia is able to fly the falcon. Yoda can fly a star fighter. Han can fly an imperial shuttle. Poe can fly anything

I think you need to explain it. You said earlier - you needed the droid for the X-Wing to work properly - saying Luke couldn't fly off without R2, but in the movie (which I assume is still cannon) R2 gets taken out and Luke can still fly his X-Wing

Fri October 13, 2017 9:43 am

Rangi Guy wrote:
dimejinky99 wrote:Leia is able to fly the falcon. Yoda can fly a star fighter. Han can fly an imperial shuttle. Poe can fly anything

I think you need to explain it. You said earlier - you needed the droid for the X-Wing to work properly - saying Luke couldn't fly off without R2, but in the movie (which I assume is still cannon) R2 gets taken out and Luke can still fly his X-Wing

Good catch!

Fri October 13, 2017 7:34 pm

So where are we here? Droids necessary or not?

Fri October 13, 2017 7:53 pm

Not
Post a reply