Switch to full style
May the force be with you
Post a reply

Re: Let's Actually Watch the Movie: A New Hope

Tue March 07, 2017 2:44 pm

Oddly enough, I watched a YouTube "10 THEORIES ABOUT STAR WARS THAT YOU'VE NEVER CONSIDERED BEFORE AND WILL BLOW YOUR ENTIRE GODDAMN STUPID LITTLE MIND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" clip just yesterday. And this Boba Fett killed Own and Buru is one of the 10 theories. Funny that I'd never heard that before. And on the same day I see the video, dime posts about it.

Guys, I'm starting to get on dime's cycle. :shock:

Tue March 07, 2017 2:56 pm

Our mensies are synching!!

TBH I was only kidding. I thought perhaps it would tie in with boba fett being sent by Vader to find out who the boy was that blew up the Death Star as depicted in the comics but the timeline doesn't match. Luke had long left Tatooine by the time fett came looking.

Tue March 07, 2017 2:59 pm

dimejinky99 wrote:Our mensies are synching!!

TBH I was only kidding. I thought perhaps it would tie in with boba fett being sent by Vader to find out who the boy was that blew up the Death Star as depicted in the comics but the timeline doesn't match. Luke had long left Tatooine by the time fett came looking.

Ah well. I don't hate the theory in theory. But I'm glad you figured it out.

Fri May 19, 2017 5:20 pm

Wow. Alec Guinness reeeeeally didn't enjoy making Star Wars

Fri May 19, 2017 5:31 pm

He's right about the awful dialogue.

Fri May 19, 2017 5:33 pm

I've never had a problem with the dialogue in the OT. The prequels however

Fri May 19, 2017 10:22 pm

Kenny Baker had to bathe in a bidet?

Funny how proper his language is throughout the letter yet he calls money by the hip term "bread."

Thu May 25, 2017 2:27 pm

40 years ago today. Happy birthday Star Wars :) thanks for all the joy.

Thu May 25, 2017 4:37 pm

Next time anyone calls you a crazy Star Wars fan. Tell them this Jawa action figure with a vinyl cape just today sold at auction for £21,600.

Thu May 25, 2017 9:27 pm

A buddy just bought me a copy of the original treasury size addition of the comics adaptation of Empire strikes back. I had one when I was a kid, but it was tossed out long ago. Pretty nice of him.

Thu May 25, 2017 9:30 pm

wease wrote:A buddy just bought me a copy of the original treasury size addition of the comics adaptation of Empire strikes back. I had one when I was a kid, but it was tossed out long ago. Pretty nice of him.

:nice:

Mon July 17, 2017 7:53 am

This is cool

Sun September 17, 2017 1:29 pm

Sun September 17, 2017 2:57 pm

Cool.

Reminds me. I wanna watch the empire of dreams making of doco again. It's fantastic.

Fri September 29, 2017 11:58 am

An overview of George Lucas' career and vision, narrated by George Lucas
A fantastic new video essay created by editor Alejandro Villarreal offers a new overview of Lucas' career, from his earliest student films through THX 1138 and American Graffiti and all the way up to the Star Wars films. The video essay uses archival interviews with Lucas to narrate his own career and the decisions that led him to make the films he did. Check it out for yourself below,

Fri November 17, 2017 12:41 am

I started watching Star Wars in the middle of the night last night while feeding the babies, and it was the first time in a while that I had watched it--probably two years or so. And it was probably the first time in something like 8-10 years that I had watched the Special Edition, and probably the first time ever that I've watched the movie in HD. Before this, I was watching rips of 1980s versions of it. Glad I finally went with HD, because parts of this movie look absolutely gorgeous--the colors and surfaces in that first scene just really pop, and it hit me like it never had before. I also love getting re-acquainted with Obi Wan, who is just such a cool character here. I stopped it when the Falcon got pulled onto the Death Star, but I'm sure I'll probably finish it at 3:00AM tonight.

The thing is though (not to beat a dead horse), the special effects added for the Special Edition are just the fucking worst. At least with the prequels you have a consistency of visuals throughout each individual film; here, the added stuff just has such a different aesthetic that it's jarring. I'll probably be watching similar editions of ESB and ROTJ during the next few weeks, so I'll keep track if it's as impactful. That scene with Jabba....woof.

Fri November 17, 2017 12:44 am

Yeah the additions are horrific. But Empire benefits hugely from the clean up in the special editions and the additions in that one work really well.

Fri November 17, 2017 12:47 am

The worst part of the Jabba scene (besides the fact that Han isn't making eye contact with him) is that the dialogue basically repeats from the Greedo scene.

Fri November 17, 2017 12:48 am

Simple Torture wrote:The worst part of the Jabba scene (besides the fact that Han isn't making eye contact with him) is that the dialogue basically repeats from the Greedo scene.

It was totally unnecessary but tbh I only ever watch the original editions of anh and Jedi.

Fri November 17, 2017 12:54 am

dimejinky99 wrote:
Simple Torture wrote:The worst part of the Jabba scene (besides the fact that Han isn't making eye contact with him) is that the dialogue basically repeats from the Greedo scene.

It was totally unnecessary but tbh I only ever watch the original editions of anh and Jedi.

I know there's a "de-specialized" edition that's in HD, but I don't mind most of the special edition changes since you get the good sound and picture.

Let's talk about how Luke doesn't say his full name until almost an hour and a half into the movie. Did people know it going into the theater for the first time?
Post a reply