The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » Arts & Entertainment » Star Wars




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 85 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Let's Actually Watch the Movie: A New Hope
PostPosted: Fri November 17, 2017 12:55 am 
Offline
User avatar
Posting (live)
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 12:35 am
Posts: 17868
Simple Torture wrote:
dimejinky99 wrote:
Simple Torture wrote:
The worst part of the Jabba scene (besides the fact that Han isn't making eye contact with him) is that the dialogue basically repeats from the Greedo scene.



It was totally unnecessary but tbh I only ever watch the original editions of anh and Jedi.


I know there's a "de-specialized" edition that's in HD, but I don't mind most of the special edition changes since you get the good sound and picture.



Let's talk about how Luke doesn't say his full name until almost an hour and a half into the movie. Did people know it going into the theater for the first time?



They went back and reshot that scene to make it Skywalker. He was starkiller Up to that point.

_________________
durdencommatyler wrote:
dimejinky-the Han Solo of RM.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Let's Actually Watch the Movie: A New Hope
PostPosted: Fri November 17, 2017 7:17 am 
Offline
User avatar
I've been POOSSTTIiiEEnngeeaahh
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 7:41 am
Posts: 12382
Location: Cumberland, RI
The climax of the movie moves so quickly; they don't land on Yavin IV until there are like 20 minutes left in the movie. I'm not saying it's a bad thing--even after all these years, my pulse still picks up when they start the trench runs. From the point I started tonight onward, the special edition changes are nowhere near as noticeable. Little things I noticed: I love how dirty C-3PO is by the time they leave the Death Star--dude's been through a lot; there's a certain type of energy that runs through certain scenes in the movie--like when they get saved in the trash compactor, when Luke meets back up with Biggs, when they come back from blowing up the Death Star--that I'd describe as something like "mirthful"...I just really noticed it this time, but the emotion comes across as very genuine, unlike some of the "happy" moments in the other Star Wars films. Hard to explain.

RIP Porkins

_________________
McParadigm wrote:
A+


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Let's Actually Watch the Movie: A New Hope
PostPosted: Fri November 17, 2017 2:10 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Posting (live)
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 12:35 am
Posts: 17868
Simple Torture wrote:
The climax of the movie moves so quickly; they don't land on Yavin IV until there are like 20 minutes left in the movie. I'm not saying it's a bad thing--even after all these years, my pulse still picks up when they start the trench runs. From the point I started tonight onward, the special edition changes are nowhere near as noticeable. Little things I noticed: I love how dirty C-3PO is by the time they leave the Death Star--dude's been through a lot; there's a certain type of energy that runs through certain scenes in the movie--like when they get saved in the trash compactor, when Luke meets back up with Biggs, when they come back from blowing up the Death Star--that I'd describe as something like "mirthful"...I just really noticed it this time, but the emotion comes across as very genuine, unlike some of the "happy" moments in the other Star Wars films. Hard to explain.

RIP Porkins



That’s the lightning in the bottle of this film. Good takes super careful editing, like they really laboured over the editing and simply not dragging out the ending. It’s paced perfectly. You feel like it should be an entire act, the attack on the Death Star, but it’s a short enough and satisfying punchy exciting ride to climax. It wouldn’t sustain that excitement if it was any longer than it is either.

_________________
durdencommatyler wrote:
dimejinky-the Han Solo of RM.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Let's Actually Watch the Movie: A New Hope
PostPosted: Wed November 29, 2017 4:29 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Looks Like a Cat
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 1:56 am
Posts: 13127
My son has watched this movie twice this month, and it still cracks me up when Darth Vader's entire response to Han Solo blasting his crew is just "WAT"

_________________
Cell Phone Songs



Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Let's Actually Watch the Movie: A New Hope
PostPosted: Wed November 29, 2017 5:48 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Posting (live)
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 12:35 am
Posts: 17868
McParadigm wrote:
My son has watched this movie twice this month, and it still cracks me up when Darth Vader's entire response to Han Solo blasting his crew is just "WAT"



Someone out there edited the audio of luke saying it’s time for the Jedi to end and that Vader WAT?? Together. I was on a tram and was in fits of laughter. Kept replaying it. Too good.

_________________
durdencommatyler wrote:
dimejinky-the Han Solo of RM.


Top
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 85 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Board index » Word on the Street » Arts & Entertainment » Star Wars


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
It is currently Tue December 12, 2017 12:34 am