Switch to full style
May the force be with you
Post a reply

Re: Let's Actually Watch the Movie: Revenge of the Sith

Tue May 21, 2019 7:10 pm

I do remember the video game for this movie on the PS2 was awesome.

Tue May 21, 2019 7:26 pm

EJ wrote:I do remember the video game for this movie on the PS2 was awesome.

yes, I quite enjoyed that game.

Tue May 21, 2019 7:28 pm

durdencommatyler wrote:
EJ wrote:
blueviper wrote:This movie is probably best of the prequels but still kinda mediocre.

Agreed. And, yet, this is the only one I haven't rewatched entirely since it was in the theater.

It... doesn't hold up.

Yeah. I loved this in theaters, but these days? Yeesh.

Tue May 21, 2019 7:45 pm

LoathedVermin72 wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
EJ wrote:
blueviper wrote:This movie is probably best of the prequels but still kinda mediocre.

Agreed. And, yet, this is the only one I haven't rewatched entirely since it was in the theater.

It... doesn't hold up.

Yeah. I loved this in theaters, but these days? Yeesh.

I was totally one of those that said it was the best of the prequels until I watched it again several months ago (for the first time since the theater) and it was really difficult to finish.

Tue May 21, 2019 7:54 pm

I think it's one of the best Star Wars movies. Fascinating seeing the turn of Anakin, and the loss of his friendship with Obi-Wan, the amazing battle over Coruscant, Ian McDiarmid at his very best, order 66, the incredible General Grievous, the music and production. Just a really solid movie.

Tue May 21, 2019 7:59 pm

Anders. You’re the MVP and doing the lords (my) work in this thread.
Keep carrying that flame and enlightening these heathens and Ridding them of their nonsense.

I’m not even bringing up people celebrating *that* opening crawl.

Take them to your bosom.

Fri May 29, 2020 4:23 pm

So now there's apparently an online petition for George to release his 4 hour cut of this movie. The petitioner says, "We think that George Lucas should do the right thing and give the fans what we deserve and what is rightfully ours... If this petition does go viral, then we will have unlimited power..."

Uh, no you won't. Any cut of any movie is not "rightfully" anybody's except the filmmaker(s). The only thing the fans deserve is the finished product the filmmaker(s) releases.

As much as I would like to see this, this entitled asshole fan is going about it all wrong. We don't deserve anything and nothing is rightfully ours. Goddamn. Fuck this guy.

https://www.gamesradar.com/star-wars-re ... -cut-fans/

Fri May 29, 2020 4:25 pm

wease wrote:So now there's apparently an online petition for George to release his 4 hour cut of this movie. The petitioner says, "We think that George Lucas should do the right thing and give the fans what we deserve and what is rightfully ours... If this petition does go viral, then we will have unlimited power..."

Uh, no you won't. Any cut of any movie is not "rightfully" anybody's except the filmmaker(s). The only thing the fans deserve is the finished product the filmmaker(s) releases.

As much as I would like to see this, this entitled asshole fan is going about it all wrong. We don't deserve anything and nothing is rightfully ours. Goddamn. Fuck this guy.

merica!

Fri May 29, 2020 4:33 pm

durdencommatyler wrote:
wease wrote:So now there's apparently an online petition for George to release his 4 hour cut of this movie. The petitioner says, "We think that George Lucas should do the right thing and give the fans what we deserve and what is rightfully ours... If this petition does go viral, then we will have unlimited power..."

merica!

You said it, Joe.

Fri May 29, 2020 5:16 pm

That is a LOOOONG time to have to watch Revenge of the Sith.

Fri May 29, 2020 5:26 pm

Anders wrote:I think it's one of the best Star Wars movies. Fascinating seeing the turn of Anakin, and the loss of his friendship with Obi-Wan, the amazing battle over Coruscant, Ian McDiarmid at his very best, order 66, the incredible General Grievous, the music and production. Just a really solid movie.

I agree with this. Its stellar, and the cast is great.

Fri May 29, 2020 6:42 pm

There’s a fan edit out there with the deleted scenes and the last clone wars episodes edited in.

Is that what they mean?

Fri May 29, 2020 10:22 pm

dimejinky99 wrote:There’s a fan edit out there with the deleted scenes and the last clone wars episodes edited in.

Is that what they mean?

No. Apparently there are a LOT of deleted scenes and Lucas’s first cut was over four hours long. That’s what we’re entitled to and deserve.

Fri May 29, 2020 10:28 pm

Lucas first cut was four hours, but his cut was the one we all saw.

Fri May 29, 2020 11:50 pm

I didn’t say anything different.

Wed March 16, 2022 12:57 am

My daughter is home sick today, so I put this on for her to watch and watched an hour or so with her before I had to log into a meeting. It's not as bad as I remember it being. Maybe all these Star Wars series have numbed my critical thinking of these films

Tue July 26, 2022 12:42 pm

I just watched this with my daughter. (I'm trying out machete order.)

I adored watching this with her because she's like a walking, talking, 10 year old indictment of Lucas' stupidest moments.

"Why are they just spinning their lightsabers and not hitting anything?"
"Why is Padme dying if nothing is wrong with her?"
"Why is Anakin wearing a cloak now? Do you have to wear a cloak if you're evil?"

I will say this, one of my favorite scenes in all of Star Wars is Yoda walking into Palpatine's chambers. The red guards look at him, and he just shrugs, and they fly into the wall, out cold. :lol:

Tue July 26, 2022 10:56 pm

Why DID Padme die when nothing was wrong with her?

You got a sharp one there, B

Wed July 27, 2022 2:29 am

wease wrote:Why DID Padme die when nothing was wrong with her?

The robot tells you why.

Wed July 27, 2022 2:32 am

epilogue wrote:
wease wrote:Why DID Padme die when nothing was wrong with her?

The robot tells you why.

"Oo-pah. Oo-pah." = "Fuck if I know."
Post a reply