The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » Arts & Entertainment » Star Wars




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 53 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Let's Actually Watch the Movie: Revenge of the Sith
PostPosted: Tue February 27, 2018 12:05 pm 
Offline
User avatar
NEVER STOP JAMMING!
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 12:35 am
Posts: 22042
Simple Torture wrote:
dimejinky99 wrote:
See I can’t say this without being attacked


One person rolls their eyes at Dime and suddenly

Image



Haha! I love it:) I should have clarified I didn’t mean here. Other forums you can’t even say Star Wars without getting shit for it :)

_________________
durdencommatyler wrote:
dimejinky-the Han Solo of RM.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Let's Actually Watch the Movie: Revenge of the Sith
PostPosted: Tue February 27, 2018 12:07 pm 
Offline
User avatar
NEVER STOP JAMMING!
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 12:35 am
Posts: 22042
@SkitchP wrote:
dimejinky99 wrote:
darth_vedder wrote:
Despite my problems with it / the prequels in general, I'll say this; The Clone Wars series made lemonade out of those lemons, and I now appreciate the ideas in the prequels more than I used to.



I’m with you on that. I think I prefer the series the the prequels in some ways.
But clone wars brings the sequels to life in many different ways.
Primarily it makes Anakin likeable and understandable


This touches on a point ive made before, and one of the weirder things I noticed when I introduced my kids to Star Wars.

Sure the first time through we watched it in release order, but as they got older and started to actually understand the story...


To all of us, Darth Vader used to be a good guy.

to kids now? Anakin Skywalker became a bad guy.



That’s definitely something alright. For the younger crowd that have Rebels and the prequels as their Star Wars they often seem to have no empathy or pity for anakins story all the way up to his redemption.

_________________
durdencommatyler wrote:
dimejinky-the Han Solo of RM.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Let's Actually Watch the Movie: Revenge of the Sith
PostPosted: Wed February 28, 2018 3:56 am 
Offline
User avatar
Looks Like a Cat
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 7:41 am
Posts: 14044
Location: Cumberland, RI
I have probably not watched most of this movie for ten years or more, but I'm slowly working my way through it now. I think the homoeroticism of the Emperor is something I never noticed before, but which makes those scenes (especially after getting electrified) even better. A shame he was acting again Christensen.

_________________
McParadigm wrote:
lol


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Let's Actually Watch the Movie: Revenge of the Sith
PostPosted: Wed April 25, 2018 8:25 pm 
Offline
User avatar
NEVER STOP JAMMING!
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 12:35 am
Posts: 22042
I’m listening to the audiobook of this and it’s brilliant. For more developed on the intrigue and plotting and the tension between the Jedi and Palpatine.
At one point he passes a decree that the Jedi answer to him and have to act under his direction and they’re aware of Sidious at this point but are only aware there is a Sith working but possibly controlling him and they don’t know who it might be even though he himself is a suspect. They can’t act against him but he’s got all sorts of wheels turning against them to undermine him.
Caught literally in the middle and being used by both is Anakin.

It’s all so much more developed and satisfying than its depiction on screen.

The question I do have is why don’t Anakin and Padme just leave it all. He considers it at several points but doesn’t follow through. But it’s explained gis Obi wan a few times that he’s fiercely loyal and to beyond a fault and often risking them both and entire battles as a result.

This is way more enjoyable than the film if you’re ever considering giving it a shot. Really fills it all out and tells the whole story in a much better way than the film.

_________________
durdencommatyler wrote:
dimejinky-the Han Solo of RM.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Let's Actually Watch the Movie: Revenge of the Sith
PostPosted: Wed April 25, 2018 8:31 pm 
Offline
User avatar
10Club Complaint Department
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 3:36 pm
Posts: 15008
Location: Mizzou
dimejinky99 wrote:
I’m listening to the audiobook of this and it’s brilliant. For more developed on the intrigue and plotting and the tension between the Jedi and Palpatine.
At one point he passes a decree that the Jedi answer to him and have to act under his direction and they’re aware of Sidious at this point but are only aware there is a Sith working but possibly controlling him and they don’t know who it might be even though he himself is a suspect. They can’t act against him but he’s got all sorts of wheels turning against them to undermine him.
Caught literally in the middle and being used by both is Anakin.

It’s all so much more developed and satisfying than its depiction on screen.

The question I do have is why don’t Anakin and Padme just leave it all. He considers it at several points but doesn’t follow through. But it’s explained gis Obi wan a few times that he’s fiercely loyal and to beyond a fault and often risking them both and entire battles as a result.

This is way more enjoyable than the film if you’re ever considering giving it a shot. Really fills it all out and tells the whole story in a much better way than the film.


I think I read the book before the movie.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Let's Actually Watch the Movie: Revenge of the Sith
PostPosted: Wed April 25, 2018 9:40 pm 
Offline
User avatar
NEVER STOP JAMMING!
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 12:35 am
Posts: 22042
Monkey_Driven wrote:
dimejinky99 wrote:
I’m listening to the audiobook of this and it’s brilliant. For more developed on the intrigue and plotting and the tension between the Jedi and Palpatine.
At one point he passes a decree that the Jedi answer to him and have to act under his direction and they’re aware of Sidious at this point but are only aware there is a Sith working but possibly controlling him and they don’t know who it might be even though he himself is a suspect. They can’t act against him but he’s got all sorts of wheels turning against them to undermine him.
Caught literally in the middle and being used by both is Anakin.

It’s all so much more developed and satisfying than its depiction on screen.

The question I do have is why don’t Anakin and Padme just leave it all. He considers it at several points but doesn’t follow through. But it’s explained gis Obi wan a few times that he’s fiercely loyal and to beyond a fault and often risking them both and entire battles as a result.

This is way more enjoyable than the film if you’re ever considering giving it a shot. Really fills it all out and tells the whole story in a much better way than the film.


I think I read the book before the movie.



Really? That’s mad. You’d never get the book out before the film nowadays

_________________
durdencommatyler wrote:
dimejinky-the Han Solo of RM.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Let's Actually Watch the Movie: Revenge of the Sith
PostPosted: Wed April 25, 2018 9:46 pm 
Offline
User avatar
10Club Complaint Department
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 3:36 pm
Posts: 15008
Location: Mizzou
dimejinky99 wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:
dimejinky99 wrote:
I’m listening to the audiobook of this and it’s brilliant. For more developed on the intrigue and plotting and the tension between the Jedi and Palpatine.
At one point he passes a decree that the Jedi answer to him and have to act under his direction and they’re aware of Sidious at this point but are only aware there is a Sith working but possibly controlling him and they don’t know who it might be even though he himself is a suspect. They can’t act against him but he’s got all sorts of wheels turning against them to undermine him.
Caught literally in the middle and being used by both is Anakin.

It’s all so much more developed and satisfying than its depiction on screen.

The question I do have is why don’t Anakin and Padme just leave it all. He considers it at several points but doesn’t follow through. But it’s explained gis Obi wan a few times that he’s fiercely loyal and to beyond a fault and often risking them both and entire battles as a result.

This is way more enjoyable than the film if you’re ever considering giving it a shot. Really fills it all out and tells the whole story in a much better way than the film.


I think I read the book before the movie.



Really? That’s mad. You’d never get the book out before the film nowadays


Yeah, it came out well before the movie if I remember correctly. I remember being disappointed with how the movie portrayed some of the scenes.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Let's Actually Watch the Movie: Revenge of the Sith
PostPosted: Wed April 25, 2018 9:47 pm 
Offline
User avatar
NEVER STOP JAMMING!
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 12:35 am
Posts: 22042
*also Palpatines seduction of Anakin is way way more in depth and elaborate and given more room to breathe and Anakins turn much slower and detailed. It’s great.

_________________
durdencommatyler wrote:
dimejinky-the Han Solo of RM.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Let's Actually Watch the Movie: Revenge of the Sith
PostPosted: Wed April 25, 2018 9:49 pm 
Offline
User avatar
NEVER STOP JAMMING!
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 12:35 am
Posts: 22042
Monkey_Driven wrote:
dimejinky99 wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:
dimejinky99 wrote:
I’m listening to the audiobook of this and it’s brilliant. For more developed on the intrigue and plotting and the tension between the Jedi and Palpatine.
At one point he passes a decree that the Jedi answer to him and have to act under his direction and they’re aware of Sidious at this point but are only aware there is a Sith working but possibly controlling him and they don’t know who it might be even though he himself is a suspect. They can’t act against him but he’s got all sorts of wheels turning against them to undermine him.
Caught literally in the middle and being used by both is Anakin.

It’s all so much more developed and satisfying than its depiction on screen.

The question I do have is why don’t Anakin and Padme just leave it all. He considers it at several points but doesn’t follow through. But it’s explained gis Obi wan a few times that he’s fiercely loyal and to beyond a fault and often risking them both and entire battles as a result.

This is way more enjoyable than the film if you’re ever considering giving it a shot. Really fills it all out and tells the whole story in a much better way than the film.


I think I read the book before the movie.



Really? That’s mad. You’d never get the book out before the film nowadays


Yeah, it came out well before the movie if I remember correctly. I remember being disappointed with how the movie portrayed some of the scenes.



Yeah I’m with on that. This reads quite like the last Jedi in a way. Lotsa similarities in how packed but developed it is.

This is a dark political & intrigue packed drama on the page. I love it

_________________
durdencommatyler wrote:
dimejinky-the Han Solo of RM.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Let's Actually Watch the Movie: Revenge of the Sith
PostPosted: Wed April 25, 2018 9:53 pm 
Offline
User avatar
10Club Complaint Department
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 3:36 pm
Posts: 15008
Location: Mizzou
dimejinky99 wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:
dimejinky99 wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:
dimejinky99 wrote:
I’m listening to the audiobook of this and it’s brilliant. For more developed on the intrigue and plotting and the tension between the Jedi and Palpatine.
At one point he passes a decree that the Jedi answer to him and have to act under his direction and they’re aware of Sidious at this point but are only aware there is a Sith working but possibly controlling him and they don’t know who it might be even though he himself is a suspect. They can’t act against him but he’s got all sorts of wheels turning against them to undermine him.
Caught literally in the middle and being used by both is Anakin.

It’s all so much more developed and satisfying than its depiction on screen.

The question I do have is why don’t Anakin and Padme just leave it all. He considers it at several points but doesn’t follow through. But it’s explained gis Obi wan a few times that he’s fiercely loyal and to beyond a fault and often risking them both and entire battles as a result.

This is way more enjoyable than the film if you’re ever considering giving it a shot. Really fills it all out and tells the whole story in a much better way than the film.


I think I read the book before the movie.



Really? That’s mad. You’d never get the book out before the film nowadays


Yeah, it came out well before the movie if I remember correctly. I remember being disappointed with how the movie portrayed some of the scenes.



Yeah I’m with on that. This reads quite like the last Jedi in a way. Lotsa similarities in how packed but developed it is.

This is a dark political & intrigue packed drama on the page. I love it


It's a shame so little was translated to the screen. I just can't get over how bad the acting is in so many of the scenes.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Let's Actually Watch the Movie: Revenge of the Sith
PostPosted: Wed April 25, 2018 10:45 pm 
Offline
User avatar
NEVER STOP JAMMING!
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 12:35 am
Posts: 22042
I don’t even see the acting anymore. The guy did as he was directed. It’s still better than the first two though.
Wish we’d had something like as good as drivers performance as kylo though. An impactful torn and conflicted performance where you could relate. You should be able to relate to Anakin wanting to save Padme and doing anything he can to achieve that. But that’s not depicted in the story or Hayden’s performance at all in the film. Well it’s there but not driven home enough as his real motivations. They bungled that

_________________
durdencommatyler wrote:
dimejinky-the Han Solo of RM.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Let's Actually Watch the Movie: Revenge of the Sith
PostPosted: Thu April 26, 2018 2:14 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 3:48 pm
Posts: 36013
Location: Mountains
I thought once he turned to Darth Vader, his acting and everything was on point. He played Evil Anakin/darth vader really well. It was just everything up to that point that was difficult to believe in.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Let's Actually Watch the Movie: Revenge of the Sith
PostPosted: Thu April 26, 2018 2:40 pm 
Offline
User avatar
10Club Complaint Department
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 3:36 pm
Posts: 15008
Location: Mizzou
Strat wrote:
I thought once he turned to Darth Vader, his acting and everything was on point. He played Evil Anakin/darth vader really well. It was just everything up to that point that was difficult to believe in.


:thumbsup:

dimejinky99 wrote:
I don’t even see the acting anymore. The guy did as he was directed. It’s still better than the first two though.
Wish we’d had something like as good as drivers performance as kylo though. An impactful torn and conflicted performance where you could relate. You should be able to relate to Anakin wanting to save Padme and doing anything he can to achieve that. But that’s not depicted in the story or Hayden’s performance at all in the film. Well it’s there but not driven home enough as his real motivations. They bungled that


Driver is an elite actor. Hayden, not so much.


Top
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 53 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

Board index » Word on the Street » Arts & Entertainment » Star Wars


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
It is currently Thu October 18, 2018 5:20 am