Switch to full style
May the force be with you
Post a reply

Re: Unpopular Star Wars opinions

Fri February 02, 2018 6:42 pm

I was just kidding I hoped that was understood. Apologies if not. Anders has been a valuable and important part of the discussion we’ve all had and I really appreciate all your takes Anders and hope you continue to being them!

Is LV a mod now or my personal watchdog?

*also kidding.

Fri February 02, 2018 9:19 pm

I think redeeming Kylo for the reasons dime stated is next to impossible. BUT... there is always the chance that Leia's death (assuming that happens), depending on how it happens and how Kylo learns of it, could be the kind of thing that edges him back toward the light. There could be something really powerful there depending on how it's handled.

But, for the most part, I really want to see Kylo be the "big bad" who is out for himself. He'll want Rey destroyed, for sure. But does he care about an Empire? Does he care about "ruling the galaxy?" It might be more interesting if he doesn't.

Maybe there will be a new dark force to challenge Ren and he'll have enemies on both sides. That could be really cool, too.

Fri February 02, 2018 10:46 pm

durdencommatyler wrote:I think redeeming Kylo for the reasons dime stated is next to impossible. BUT... there is always the chance that Leia's death (assuming that happens), depending on how it happens and how Kylo learns of it, could be the kind of thing that edges him back toward the light. There could be something really powerful there depending on how it's handled.

But, for the most part, I really want to see Kylo be the "big bad" who is out for himself. He'll want Rey destroyed, for sure. But does he care about an Empire? Does he care about "ruling the galaxy?" It might be more interesting if he doesn't.

Maybe there will be a new dark force to challenge Ren and he'll have enemies on both sides. That could be really cool, too.

Yes!!!

Something I definitely see in him in TLJ is he’s nit interested in being ruler or supreme anything. He seems to be figuring out his place and in a kind of holding pattern. Interactions with Rey seem to start cogs turning for him. It has only been a couple of days since events in TFA let’s not forget.

Johnson said only yesterday he is planning to kill Snoke when he’s in the elevator with Rey. He just doesn’t know how. And when he sees his window he takes it.

So that leaves us with a guy with ‘supremacy’ falling into his lap almost and he’s possibly not all that interested. So what is he interested in?

I’m gonna say hunting down Rey as an obsession rather than leading an empire to crush any opposition. And not having his eye on the ball galaxy wide, rebellion will be allowed grow in strength all around him while he has all his forces and means looking for the girl rather than what it should be doing and wiping them out.

Fri February 02, 2018 10:50 pm

dimejinky99 wrote:I’m gonna say hunting down Rey as an obsession rather than leading an empire to crush any opposition. And not having his eye on the ball galaxy wide, rebellion will be allowed grow in strength all around him while he has all his forces and means looking for the girl rather than what it should be doing and wiping them out.

Yep. I'm not saying they WILL do that. But I think there is a great story in there. For sure. I'd be totally okay with going in that direction. Especially if you put an even larger, looming, dark side threat on the other side. A Snoke apprentice or even something totally new that DOES want to rule but needs Kylo out of the way. Could be a lot of fun either way.

Fri February 02, 2018 11:04 pm

durdencommatyler wrote:
dimejinky99 wrote:I’m gonna say hunting down Rey as an obsession rather than leading an empire to crush any opposition. And not having his eye on the ball galaxy wide, rebellion will be allowed grow in strength all around him while he has all his forces and means looking for the girl rather than what it should be doing and wiping them out.

Yep. I'm not saying they WILL do that. But I think there is a great story in there. For sure. I'd be totally okay with going in that direction. Especially if you put an even larger, looming, dark side threat on the other side. A Snoke apprentice or even something totally new that DOES want to rule but needs Kylo out of the way. Could be a lot of fun either way.

There were rumours that Snoke was just an emissary for a darker power coming and we have this final Thrawn book coming AND filoni said Thrawn survives Rebels so the guess is the emperor, unhappy with Thrawn not crushing the rebels and repeatedly letting them escape, sends him off to the unknown regions.

Now. The big tall purple river creatures in Snokes throne room are from the unknown regions. That’s pretty much all it says about them in the TLJ visual dictionary.
So roads are leading to that I think.

Fri February 02, 2018 11:17 pm

I'm sure it'll difficult to get all of this into one movie and have it make sense. So, I won't be surprised if it's as streamlined as possible. Probably none of this stuff will be in the movie, but I'd be interested to see them try.

Fri February 02, 2018 11:42 pm

Books joey. Books.

And an upcoming live action tv series that will bridge the 5 year gap from 9 til the next saga film.

Fri February 02, 2018 11:46 pm

Oh well sure. But who reads books?

Fri February 02, 2018 11:52 pm

durdencommatyler wrote:Oh well sure. But who reads books?

I said this one a different forum earlier and am still getting death threats.

If you don’t watch clone wars you’re missing out on what the whole vision george had for the prequels.
Same with the books to a degree. They aren’t required reading to enjoy the narrative.
But clone wars is.

Tangential point but hey

Fri February 02, 2018 11:56 pm

I've only read two of the books (new canon or legends). I liked both, though. So I should probably dive in further.

Sat February 03, 2018 12:01 am

durdencommatyler wrote:I've only read two of the books (new canon or legends). I liked both, though. So I should probably dive in further.

Do. And stop detailing threads while you’re about it.

Sat February 03, 2018 12:08 am

dimejinky99 wrote:And an upcoming live action tv series that will bridge the 5 year gap from 9 til the next saga film.

What's this?

Sat February 03, 2018 12:12 am

wease wrote:
dimejinky99 wrote:And an upcoming live action tv series that will bridge the 5 year gap from 9 til the next saga film.

What's this?

Nothing confirmed. Disney is launching a new streaming service next year. And most people think they'll be doing a live-action Star Wars series on that channel. But there are no concrete details about it yet.

Sat February 03, 2018 12:17 am

durdencommatyler wrote:
wease wrote:

What's this?

Nothing confirmed. Disney is launching a new streaming service next year. And most people think they'll be doing a live-action Star Wars series on that channel. But there are no concrete details about it yet.

I knew about that. I didn't know about the timeline of said show.

Sat February 03, 2018 12:18 am

wease wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
wease wrote:

What's this?

I knew about that. I didn't know about the timeline of said show.

That's just dime being dime. Also referencing our earlier conversation.

Sat February 03, 2018 12:48 am

???

They’re making a streaming tv show. That’s a matter of fact.

It will probably run for five or six seasons. That’s six years. Fact.

They’ll take that breathing room to let Rian Johnson make new Star Wars films.

This is all fact. Stick your dime being dime up your ass. Florally speaking

Sat February 03, 2018 12:57 am

dime, you’re being awfully aggressive. Everything okay?

Sat February 03, 2018 12:57 am

dimejinky99 wrote:???

Those facts though...

Sat February 03, 2018 1:03 am

What? Settle down, Homer.

Sat February 03, 2018 1:05 am

Wow, dime. Take a step back, buddy.

We're aware that there's a streaming show. But, to my knowledge, nothing has been announced regarding what it is nor more importantly WHEN the show takes place.

Wease and I were under the impression you were saying the show would take place between RotJ and TFA. And maybe it will. But has that been confirmed? I haven't seen it. I thought you were being playful and referencing out earlier conversation about fleshing out some of this stuff in a book or a tv show, etc.

"It'll PROBABLY [cap emphasis mine] run for five or six seasons." Are you saying that probably is a fact? Because... wut?

Guesses aren't fact. We don't know that they'll give Rian breathing room. Too many things are up in the air.

I wasn't trying to be a dick to you. But your posting style makes it really difficult to understand you sometimes. Clearly there was a dumb miscommunication. It happens.
Post a reply