The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » Arts & Entertainment » Star Wars




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 270 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 14  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Unpopular Star Wars opinions
PostPosted: Thu December 21, 2017 4:29 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:33 pm
Posts: 67476
Location: The applebees on haggerty.
VinylGuy wrote:
E.H. Ruddock wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
E.H. Ruddock wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
VinylGuy wrote:
LoathedVermin72 wrote:
VinylGuy wrote:
LoathedVermin72 wrote:
The only actors who come out of TLJ looking good are Driver, Del Toro, and Serkis. Everyone else is serviceable to actively bad.


Ford is a star.

Harrison Ford? He wasn’t in TLJ. But I agree he’s a star. Just...not lately.


Oh i thought you said out of star wars.

Ford is a star. The only one we have left at this point.

Ford is super badass in Blade Runner 2049, too.

joey

What did I do now?

He didn't really do anything in blade runner. He was fine. But barely in it. Badass doesn't really fit, does it? It was my movie of the year, but Ford wasn't badass in it.


WHAT??

He gave such a great performance. He was badass...His scene with Leto is the best thing acting gave us in 2017.

No joke, man. He work in that scene is breathtaking. It's the best he's ever been.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Unpopular Star Wars opinions
PostPosted: Thu December 21, 2017 4:31 pm 
Offline
User avatar
10Club Complaint Department
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:10 pm
Posts: 15234
Going to see BR2049 on imax was incredible.

_________________
BONE FUCKIN´ TOMAHAWK.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Unpopular Star Wars opinions
PostPosted: Thu December 21, 2017 4:35 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Worst Moderator
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 2:48 pm
Posts: 52376
durdencommatyler wrote:
VinylGuy wrote:
E.H. Ruddock wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
E.H. Ruddock wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
VinylGuy wrote:
LoathedVermin72 wrote:
VinylGuy wrote:
LoathedVermin72 wrote:
The only actors who come out of TLJ looking good are Driver, Del Toro, and Serkis. Everyone else is serviceable to actively bad.


Ford is a star.

Harrison Ford? He wasn’t in TLJ. But I agree he’s a star. Just...not lately.


Oh i thought you said out of star wars.

Ford is a star. The only one we have left at this point.

Ford is super badass in Blade Runner 2049, too.

joey

What did I do now?

He didn't really do anything in blade runner. He was fine. But barely in it. Badass doesn't really fit, does it? It was my movie of the year, but Ford wasn't badass in it.


WHAT??

He gave such a great performance. He was badass...His scene with Leto is the best thing acting gave us in 2017.

No joke, man. He work in that scene is breathtaking. It's the best he's ever been.

I guess our definitions of "badass" differ, then. He was superb, outstanding, brilliant, sure. But badass?

Image

_________________
Clouuuuds Rolll byyy...BANG BANG BANG BANG


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Unpopular Star Wars opinions
PostPosted: Thu December 21, 2017 4:36 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:33 pm
Posts: 67476
Location: The applebees on haggerty.
I mean, he didn't explode an alien. If that's your definition of badass then.... there aren't that many badasses.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Unpopular Star Wars opinions
PostPosted: Thu December 21, 2017 4:37 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Worst Moderator
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 2:48 pm
Posts: 52376
durdencommatyler wrote:
I mean, he didn't explode an alien. If that's your definition of badass then.... there aren't that many badasses.

No, I just reserve "badass" for action-y stuff I guess. Anyway, we are about to get yelled at for not talking Star Wars, so... sorry I guess.

_________________
Clouuuuds Rolll byyy...BANG BANG BANG BANG


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Unpopular Star Wars opinions
PostPosted: Thu December 21, 2017 4:38 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:33 pm
Posts: 67476
Location: The applebees on haggerty.
E.H. Ruddock wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
I mean, he didn't explode an alien. If that's your definition of badass then.... there aren't that many badasses.

No, I just reserve "badass" for action-y stuff I guess. Anyway, we are about to get yelled at for not talking Star Wars, so... sorry I guess.

Han Solo is a badass.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Unpopular Star Wars opinions
PostPosted: Thu December 21, 2017 4:38 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Worst Moderator
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 2:48 pm
Posts: 52376
durdencommatyler wrote:
E.H. Ruddock wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
I mean, he didn't explode an alien. If that's your definition of badass then.... there aren't that many badasses.

No, I just reserve "badass" for action-y stuff I guess. Anyway, we are about to get yelled at for not talking Star Wars, so... sorry I guess.

Han Solo is a badass.

8-)

_________________
Clouuuuds Rolll byyy...BANG BANG BANG BANG


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Unpopular Star Wars opinions
PostPosted: Thu December 21, 2017 4:43 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:33 pm
Posts: 67476
Location: The applebees on haggerty.
Here's an unpopular Star Wars opinion...

I like, care about what happens to, and feel far more invested in Rey after two films than I ever did Luke Skywalker.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Unpopular Star Wars opinions
PostPosted: Thu December 21, 2017 4:46 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Worst Moderator
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 2:48 pm
Posts: 52376
durdencommatyler wrote:
Here's an unpopular Star Wars opinion...

I like, care about what happens to, and feel far more invested in Rey after two films than I ever did Luke Skywalker.

is it because luke is a man and you think he can take care of himself, but rey is a girl and you think she is fragile?

_________________
Clouuuuds Rolll byyy...BANG BANG BANG BANG


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Unpopular Star Wars opinions
PostPosted: Thu December 21, 2017 4:47 pm 
Offline
User avatar
10Club Complaint Department
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:10 pm
Posts: 15234
E.H. Ruddock wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
Here's an unpopular Star Wars opinion...

I like, care about what happens to, and feel far more invested in Rey after two films than I ever did Luke Skywalker.

is it because luke is a man and you think he can take care of himself, but rey is a girl and you think she is fragile?


:haha: :haha: :haha: :haha:

_________________
BONE FUCKIN´ TOMAHAWK.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Unpopular Star Wars opinions
PostPosted: Thu December 21, 2017 4:55 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Misplaced My Sponge
 Profile

Joined: Fri July 12, 2013 9:11 pm
Posts: 6565
Location: Oslo, Norway
durdencommatyler wrote:
Here's an unpopular Star Wars opinion...

I like, care about what happens to, and feel far more invested in Rey after two films than I ever did Luke Skywalker.

Didn’t read this until now, but it’s about the opposite of what I wrote. Luke’s (and Leia’s) story had so much more going for it, and gender means nothing to me. I just as easily cheer for a woman.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Unpopular Star Wars opinions
PostPosted: Thu December 21, 2017 5:18 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Sun May 25, 2014 9:32 pm
Posts: 38370
Ford hasn’t given a good performance in at least a decade. (I haven’t seen 2049 yet)

_________________
lennytheweedwhacker wrote:
*tickles you*


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Unpopular Star Wars opinions
PostPosted: Thu December 21, 2017 5:21 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The worst
 Profile

Joined: Thu December 13, 2012 6:31 pm
Posts: 31729
durdencommatyler wrote:
Here's an unpopular Star Wars opinion...

I like, care about what happens to, and feel far more invested in Rey after two films than I ever did Luke Skywalker.


i agree. luke was never a favorite in the movies. i loved the idea of him (and jedi) more than him. even as a child

_________________
So many tournaments, so little time


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Unpopular Star Wars opinions
PostPosted: Fri December 22, 2017 3:13 am 
Offline
User avatar
I've been POOSSTTIiiEEnngeeaahh
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 11:28 pm
Posts: 10566
Location: Space City
I have no idea if this is unpopular or not, but everything that happens on Hoth before the battle is super boring to me, except for the "who you calling scruffy" exchange.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Unpopular Star Wars opinions
PostPosted: Fri December 22, 2017 3:37 am 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Sun May 25, 2014 9:32 pm
Posts: 38370
washing machine wrote:
I have no idea if this is unpopular or not, but everything that happens on Hoth before the battle is super boring to me, except for the "who you calling scruffy" exchange.

That is one of my favorite stretches in all of SW.

However, sometimes I think Dagobah can be a bit sluggish.

_________________
lennytheweedwhacker wrote:
*tickles you*


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Unpopular Star Wars opinions
PostPosted: Fri December 22, 2017 4:01 am 
Offline
User avatar
Worst Moderator
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 2:48 pm
Posts: 52376
washing machine wrote:
I have no idea if this is unpopular or not, but everything that happens on Hoth before the battle is super boring to me, except for the "who you calling scruffy" exchange.

I really love the sound the Falcon makes when Han thinks he fixed it but then it doesn't start

_________________
Clouuuuds Rolll byyy...BANG BANG BANG BANG


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Unpopular Star Wars opinions
PostPosted: Fri December 22, 2017 4:06 am 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Sun May 25, 2014 9:32 pm
Posts: 38370
The wampa terrified me as a kid. Especially in Shadows of the Empire.

_________________
lennytheweedwhacker wrote:
*tickles you*


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Unpopular Star Wars opinions
PostPosted: Fri December 22, 2017 4:09 am 
Offline
User avatar
I've been POOSSTTIiiEEnngeeaahh
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 11:28 pm
Posts: 10566
Location: Space City
It's kind of weird that the Hoth sequence does nothing for me. I typically love scenes in movies with wide open landscapes and sparse dialogue. The droids walking around on Tatooine is one of my favorites, and that sequence is just as much of a slow burn.

Maybe it's the ice (I don't like ice). Or the fact that I always get physically dizzy and light headed when I see Luke hanging upside down. Or that bad claymation and how all of the creatures move around. Could be all of the above. It feels like a false start to me.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Unpopular Star Wars opinions
PostPosted: Fri December 22, 2017 4:16 am 
Offline
User avatar
Worst Moderator
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 2:48 pm
Posts: 52376
washing machine wrote:
It's kind of weird that the Hoth sequence does nothing for me. I typically love scenes in movies with wide open landscapes and sparse dialogue. The droids walking around on Tatooine is one of my favorites, and that sequence is just as much of a slow burn.

Maybe it's the ice (I don't like ice). Or the fact that I always get physically dizzy and light headed when I see Luke hanging upside down. Or that bad claymation and how all of the creatures move around. Could be all of the above. It feels like a false start to me.

Have you seen TLJ yet? Speaking of false starts...

_________________
Clouuuuds Rolll byyy...BANG BANG BANG BANG


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Unpopular Star Wars opinions
PostPosted: Fri December 22, 2017 4:18 am 
Offline
User avatar
I've been POOSSTTIiiEEnngeeaahh
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 11:28 pm
Posts: 10566
Location: Space City
E.H. Ruddock wrote:
washing machine wrote:
It's kind of weird that the Hoth sequence does nothing for me. I typically love scenes in movies with wide open landscapes and sparse dialogue. The droids walking around on Tatooine is one of my favorites, and that sequence is just as much of a slow burn.

Maybe it's the ice (I don't like ice). Or the fact that I always get physically dizzy and light headed when I see Luke hanging upside down. Or that bad claymation and how all of the creatures move around. Could be all of the above. It feels like a false start to me.

Have you seen TLJ yet? Speaking of false starts...

I saw it a couple of days after the release, but I don't even recall how it started now!


Top
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 270 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 14  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » Arts & Entertainment » Star Wars


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
It is currently Thu December 13, 2018 2:00 am