Red Mosquito
http://forums.theskyiscrape.com/

Star Wars: The Prequels
http://forums.theskyiscrape.com/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=6908
Page 30 of 32

Author:  stip [ Thu December 21, 2017 2:47 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Star Wars: The Prequels

I do chuckle at the 'you need to go home and rethink your life' sequence. Otherwise it's a bit too CGI, a bit too 'there he goes again, from Obi Wan' and anakin is an putz

Author:  Strat [ Thu December 21, 2017 3:07 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Star Wars: The Prequels

stip wrote:
I do chuckle at the 'you need to go home and rethink your life' sequence. Otherwise it's a bit too CGI, a bit too 'there he goes again, from Obi Wan' and anakin is an putz

This didnt land for me. It wasn't funny or comedic. And i dont blame the actual dialogue or ewan.....its everything else. I can't qutie put my finger on it. The awful CGi? Make up? The costumes?

Author:  stip [ Thu December 21, 2017 3:09 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Star Wars: The Prequels

Look, I can think of precisely two things that I think are worthwhile in AotC. That line, and the sound design on the mines Jango Fett drops in the asteroid field. Don't take this away from me!

Author:  Strat [ Thu December 21, 2017 3:11 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Star Wars: The Prequels

stip wrote:
Look, I can think of precisely two things that I think are worthwhile in AotC. That line, and the sound design on the mines Jango Fett drops in the asteroid field. Don't take this away from me!

My goal in 2018 is to never strip away anyones happiness for something they love. Or even put any effort into such a thing.

Author:  Anders [ Thu December 21, 2017 6:55 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Star Wars: The Prequels

Has there ever been a more beautiful future city than Coruscant (I’m talking about a metropolis with skyscrapers and flying cars). Perhaps New York in Fifth Element.

Author:  Leatherhead [ Fri December 22, 2017 4:58 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Star Wars: The Prequels

Qui-Gon has one of the coolest looking lightsabers.

Author:  dimejinky99 [ Fri December 22, 2017 11:39 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Star Wars: The Prequels

stip wrote:
I do chuckle at the 'you need to go home and rethink your life' sequence. Otherwise it's a bit too CGI, a bit too 'there he goes again, from Obi Wan' and anakin is an putz



‘Always on the move’ makes me laugh in ROTS

Author:  stip [ Fri December 22, 2017 12:03 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Star Wars: The Prequels

where does that show up?

Author:  dimejinky99 [ Fri December 22, 2017 1:25 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Star Wars: The Prequels

stip wrote:
where does that show up?



When they’re trapped the lift and Anakin cuts a hole out of the ceiling and jumps up and out

Obi wan says to himself ‘always on the move’

Author:  BootsToAsses [ Tue January 02, 2018 9:07 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Star Wars: The Prequels

Apologies if this has been covered a million times but did The Phantom Menace originally use a puppet Yoda, similar to the OT? I just got done watching TFM & AOTC on my blu-ray set and it's the shitty CGI Yoda that looks awful.

Then, I watched the 'Duel of the Fates' promo video on YouTube and when Yoda says "Fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate..." it's very noticeably the puppet Yoda. Did George tinker with the prequels after they came out?

Edit - never mind, a quick Google search gave me the answer!

Author:  blueviper [ Tue January 02, 2018 9:36 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Star Wars: The Prequels

I think the prequels screwed up the Force. Yes, it's George's stuff to do what he feels, but I think the midichlorians are a big mistake and the sith can only have two at a time is a huge mistake. Also, the prequels make Jedi look like idiots.

ANH Obi Wan: "For over a thousand generations the Jedi Knights were the guardians of peace and justice throughout the galaxy..."

The prequels saddled the Jedi as incompetent bureaucrats, just like the preposterous political dealings we had to endure through episode 1 - 3.

Also, almost every interior scene looked fake (Coruscant) and with the use of CGI interiors and camera setups made the aspect feel off. This is especially true with the jedi fight sequence in the arena in AOTC. Like the perspectives are off or something.

I think I watched the prequels one time each when they came out on DVD. Never bought the blu-rays.

Author:  BootsToAsses [ Tue January 02, 2018 9:46 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Star Wars: The Prequels

blueviper wrote:
I think the prequels screwed up the Force. Yes, it's George's stuff to do what he feels, but I think the midichlorians are a big mistake and the sith can only have two at a time is a huge mistake. Also, the prequels make Jedi look like idiots.

ANH Obi Wan: "For over a thousand generations the Jedi Knights were the guardians of peace and justice throughout the galaxy..."

The prequels saddled the Jedi as incompetent bureaucrats, just like the preposterous political dealings we had to endure through episode 1 - 3.

Also, almost every interior scene looked fake (Coruscant) and with the use of CGI interiors and camera setups made the aspect feel off. This is especially true with the jedi fight sequence in the arena in AOTC. Like the perspectives are off or something.

I think I watched the prequels one time each when they came out on DVD. Never bought the blu-rays.


I completely agree. I just got done watching AOTC this evening and so many interior scenes look simply awful. There's a scene early on where Mace Windu, Yoda and some others are sat in Palaptine's office, with Palpatine sat behind the desk and the entire room looks completely digital and fake. I mean, why go to the trouble of CGI'ing something as simple as a room with a desk? It's ridiculous.

Author:  stip [ Tue January 02, 2018 10:06 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Star Wars: The Prequels

yoda was totally CGI in the prequels. He was 100% a puppet in TLJ. The puppet was rebuilt from the original Yoda molds

Author:  LoathedVermin72 [ Tue January 02, 2018 10:08 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Star Wars: The Prequels

stip wrote:
yoda was totally CGI in the prequels. He was 100% a puppet in TLJ. The puppet was rebuilt from the original Yoda molds

Not quite true. He was a (weird-looking) puppet in TPM, but was replaced by CGI for DVD and Blu-ray releases.

Author:  Anders [ Tue January 02, 2018 10:09 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Star Wars: The Prequels


Author:  stip [ Tue January 02, 2018 10:10 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Star Wars: The Prequels

LoathedVermin72 wrote:
stip wrote:
yoda was totally CGI in the prequels. He was 100% a puppet in TLJ. The puppet was rebuilt from the original Yoda molds

Not quite true. He was a (weird-looking) puppet in TPM, but was replaced by CGI for DVD and Blu-ray releases.

ahhh, my mistake.

Author:  Anders [ Tue January 02, 2018 10:10 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Star Wars: The Prequels

CGI Yoda is much better than puppet Yoda in the scenes above.

Author:  LoathedVermin72 [ Tue January 02, 2018 10:11 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Star Wars: The Prequels

Definitely.....but I still kind of miss seeing the puppet. I’m so used to seeing it from all the times I watched the movie as a kid.

Author:  stip [ Tue January 02, 2018 10:12 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Star Wars: The Prequels

I had no real problem with CGI Yoda outside of his fighting, tbh

Author:  LoathedVermin72 [ Tue January 02, 2018 10:13 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Star Wars: The Prequels

HOW DARE YOU DISPARAGE FIGHTING YODA

Page 30 of 32 All times are UTC
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/