Switch to full style
May the force be with you
Post a reply

Re: Star Wars: The Prequels

Tue December 19, 2017 3:41 am

I liked that they pan up after the crawl in AOTC. I hope 9 does it.

Tue December 19, 2017 1:20 pm

stip wrote:what are the stellar scenes?

Ok, it's been a few years. But from my memory:

I am absolutely in love with a lot of the scenes from outside in Coruscant, and I really miss the planet in the sequel trilogy.

Obi-Wan travelling to Kamino was really cool, and like the rest of the movie set the stage for The Clone Wars series.

Anakin and Padmé on Naboo was sadly a complete fail.

The early Geonosis scenes with Obi-Wan are ok (feels a bit like a Clone Wars episode).

Anakin back on Tatooine is great. I think they could have spent more time on this. Finally he gets revenge, and really feeds into the dark side for the first time.

Then everything is happening on Geonosis. There are some terrible scenes with R2D2 and C3PO, and the battle inside a Colosseum of sorts.

Palpatine takes control of the senate back on Coruscant.

There is then a large battle on Geonosis, which they should have spent more time on, but it's cool.

This is all very scattered. I shold probably rewatch it, and write a better reply then.

Tue December 19, 2017 3:25 pm

You know what bothers me every time I watch the prequels? They green screened interiors too. Everything is CGI. It looks really dated even 12-18 years later.

Tue December 19, 2017 4:23 pm

The gravity bombs were really awesome the first time they were used. That scene really only works in the theater and in a dedicated home theater; Seeing it on anything else takes something away.

Tue December 19, 2017 5:05 pm

Monkey_Driven wrote:You know what bothers me every time I watch the prequels? They green screened interiors too. Everything is CGI. It looks really dated even 12-18 years later.

These movies are so embarrassing to watch. Everything looks fake and too pretty. Including all of the actors faces. i think I hate these movies right now.

Tue December 19, 2017 5:14 pm

bune wrote:The gravity bombs were really awesome the first time they were used. That scene really only works in the theater and in a dedicated home theater; Seeing it on anything else takes something away.

they were cool

Tue December 19, 2017 5:22 pm

I think the prequels look good. The criticism I have for them have more to do with some of the choices they made (Jar-Jar and his goofing around, the poorly written romance, kid actor, the colosseum and factory scene in AOTC that feels like it is from a computer game, the midi chlorians, the virgin birth). All of that take away from the movies. And then you have the good stuff, like Obi-Wan, Anakin, Palpatine, Qui-Gon, Tatooine and Coruscant looking amazing, Mace Windu, the space battles, Count Dooku, heck even the political battle, and much more (like the Clone Wars series).

Wed December 20, 2017 4:08 am

I got part way through AotC recently. My god the Anakin and Padme scenes are so, so, so bad.

Wed December 20, 2017 4:10 am

Yeah

Wed December 20, 2017 4:15 am

Fucking oath. That's why I keep saying, if anyone thinks TLJ is the worst SW movie ever made. Go fucking watch AOTC.

Wed December 20, 2017 4:18 am

Sgt. Crackpot wrote:Fucking oath. That's why I keep saying, if anyone thinks TLJ is the worst SW movie ever made. Go fucking watch AOTC.

Nah, AOTC is still better. Neither are the worst, though.

Wed December 20, 2017 4:19 am

Thanks Phantom Menace!

Wed December 20, 2017 4:20 am

WRONG AGAIN

Wed December 20, 2017 4:42 am

For all the deserved shit that Attack of the Clones gets, it will always be the Star Wars movie with the gritty Coruscant chase scene for me. I love the beginning thirty or forty minutes of that movie.

Wed December 20, 2017 4:45 am

I wish we could take the Anakin from The Clone Wars and put him in place of the Anakin in the movies. The Clone Wars Anakin is badass.

Wed December 20, 2017 4:47 am

My friend pitched me on his rewrite of the prequel trilogy last night and now I’m kinda mad they don’t exist

Wed December 20, 2017 4:48 am

Leatherhead wrote:I wish we could take the Anakin from The Clone Wars and put him in place of the Anakin in the movies. The Clone Wars Anakin is badass.

I often wish we could take key arcs from the Clone Wars and turn them into two movies that lead into Revenge of the Sith.

Wed December 20, 2017 4:49 am

^ That’s what I do, anyway.

Wed December 20, 2017 7:45 pm

washing machine wrote:For all the deserved shit that Attack of the Clones gets, it will always be the Star Wars movie with the gritty Coruscant chase scene for me. I love the beginning thirty or forty minutes of that movie.

Absolutely. :thumbsup:

Thu December 21, 2017 2:47 am

I do chuckle at the 'you need to go home and rethink your life' sequence. Otherwise it's a bit too CGI, a bit too 'there he goes again, from Obi Wan' and anakin is an putz
Post a reply