The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » Arts & Entertainment » Star Wars




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 535 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 23, 24, 25, 26, 27  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Star Wars: The Prequels
PostPosted: Fri January 20, 2017 3:57 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:33 pm
Posts: 56150
Location: The applebees on haggerty.
Are Jedi even allowed to drink coffee?


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Star Wars: The Prequels
PostPosted: Fri January 20, 2017 4:01 pm 
Offline
User avatar
RM Elitist
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 8:43 pm
Posts: 13313
durdencommatyler wrote:
Are Jedi even allowed to drink coffee?



Qui-Gon would.

_________________
dimejinky99 wrote:
Hang on I check on my Grindr


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Star Wars: The Prequels
PostPosted: Fri January 20, 2017 4:02 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Worst Moderator
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 2:48 pm
Posts: 45135
Plo Koon's home planet is known for their robust brews

_________________
Clouuuuds Rolll byyy...BANG BANG BANG BANG


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Star Wars: The Prequels
PostPosted: Fri January 20, 2017 4:06 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:33 pm
Posts: 56150
Location: The applebees on haggerty.
E.H. Ruddock wrote:
Plo Koon's home planet is known for their robust brews

Is that canon, though?


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Star Wars: The Prequels
PostPosted: Fri January 20, 2017 4:07 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Worst Moderator
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 2:48 pm
Posts: 45135
durdencommatyler wrote:
E.H. Ruddock wrote:
Plo Koon's home planet is known for their robust brews

Is that canon, though?

Ridley Boyega are Gone and No Kenobi Film So

_________________
Clouuuuds Rolll byyy...BANG BANG BANG BANG


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Star Wars: The Prequels
PostPosted: Fri January 20, 2017 4:10 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:33 pm
Posts: 56150
Location: The applebees on haggerty.
E.H. Ruddock wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
E.H. Ruddock wrote:
Plo Koon's home planet is known for their robust brews

Is that canon, though?

Ridley Boyega are Gone and No Kenobi Film So

We're all gonna eat a lot of crow when that ends up being the title of Episode 8.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Star Wars: The Prequels
PostPosted: Fri January 20, 2017 4:16 pm 
Offline
User avatar
RM Elitist
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 8:43 pm
Posts: 13313
durdencommatyler wrote:
E.H. Ruddock wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
E.H. Ruddock wrote:
Plo Koon's home planet is known for their robust brews

Is that canon, though?

Ridley Boyega are Gone and No Kenobi Film So

We're all gonna eat a lot of crow convores when that ends up being the title of Episode 8.

_________________
dimejinky99 wrote:
Hang on I check on my Grindr


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Star Wars: The Prequels
PostPosted: Fri January 20, 2017 5:16 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:33 pm
Posts: 56150
Location: The applebees on haggerty.
@SkitchP wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
E.H. Ruddock wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
E.H. Ruddock wrote:
Plo Koon's home planet is known for their robust brews

Is that canon, though?

Ridley Boyega are Gone and No Kenobi Film So

We're all gonna eat a lot of crow convores when that ends up being the title of Episode 8.

Well played, Master Skitch.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Star Wars: The Prequels
PostPosted: Sat January 21, 2017 5:33 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Sun May 25, 2014 9:32 pm
Posts: 31454
Location: this field intentionally left blank
Watching ROTS. The lightsaber fight between Windu and Palpatine is just awful. Palpatine takes out those three other Jedi and they barely even lift a finger to stop him. What a missed opportunity. Just terribly choreographed and directed.

_________________
BurtReynolds wrote:
If earth were a sphere, it would be impossible for any of us to stay grounded.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Star Wars: The Prequels
PostPosted: Sat January 21, 2017 6:37 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Posting (live)
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 12:35 am
Posts: 17931
LoathedVermin72 wrote:
Watching ROTS. The lightsaber fight between Windu and Palpatine is just awful. Palpatine takes out those three other Jedi and they barely even lift a finger to stop him. What a missed opportunity. Just terribly choreographed and directed.



There are many good reasons for his abilities in that scene.
He has abilities the Jedi haven't faced a real threat in over 1000 generations.
Sith or otherwise. They're now complacent and assume they're the best.

Being the main one.

_________________
durdencommatyler wrote:
dimejinky-the Han Solo of RM.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Star Wars: The Prequels
PostPosted: Sat January 21, 2017 6:43 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Sun May 25, 2014 9:32 pm
Posts: 31454
Location: this field intentionally left blank
dimejinky99 wrote:
LoathedVermin72 wrote:
Watching ROTS. The lightsaber fight between Windu and Palpatine is just awful. Palpatine takes out those three other Jedi and they barely even lift a finger to stop him. What a missed opportunity. Just terribly choreographed and directed.



There are many good reasons for his abilities in that scene.
He has abilities the Jedi haven't faced a real threat in over 1000 generations.
Sith or otherwise. They're now complacent and assume they're the best.

Being the main one.

That's great. Would have loved to see them in action. Instead, the Jedi just looked like morons.

_________________
BurtReynolds wrote:
If earth were a sphere, it would be impossible for any of us to stay grounded.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Star Wars: The Prequels
PostPosted: Sun January 22, 2017 1:27 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The worst
 Profile

Joined: Thu December 13, 2012 6:31 pm
Posts: 29474
that's fine as a justification for how the scene plays out, but it still looks boring - poor execution of a perfectly fine idea

_________________
*Led Zeppelin Mega Tournament: Click here*


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Star Wars: The Prequels
PostPosted: Sun January 22, 2017 2:32 pm 
Offline
User avatar
RM Elitist
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 8:43 pm
Posts: 13313
Im serious. the "everything great about" youtube videos really made me appreciate the prequels quite a bit more.

_________________
dimejinky99 wrote:
Hang on I check on my Grindr


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Star Wars: The Prequels
PostPosted: Sun January 22, 2017 2:54 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Posting (live)
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 12:35 am
Posts: 17931
Yeah there's a lot in them to appreciate. But seeing those hints only really points out the bad stuff and leaves me and I guess many others going 'these could have been really great films' and sad that they're not.

_________________
durdencommatyler wrote:
dimejinky-the Han Solo of RM.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Star Wars: The Prequels
PostPosted: Sun January 22, 2017 3:13 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Posting (live)
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 12:35 am
Posts: 17931
@SkitchP wrote:
Im serious. the "everything great about" youtube videos really made me appreciate the prequels quite a bit more.




Good episode of force centre about this
https://itunes.apple.com/ie/podcast/for ... 0_00-08_00

_________________
durdencommatyler wrote:
dimejinky-the Han Solo of RM.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Star Wars: The Prequels
PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 7:39 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Posting (live)
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 12:35 am
Posts: 17931
https://www.reddit.com/r/StarWars/comme ... ending_to/

According to this interview with Iain McCaig Padme was going to give Anakin a much colder greeting on Mustafar.

_________________
durdencommatyler wrote:
dimejinky-the Han Solo of RM.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Star Wars: The Prequels
PostPosted: Sun November 12, 2017 7:27 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Posting (live)
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 12:35 am
Posts: 17931
I’ve never done this before for any Star Wars film. watching the Phantom Menace, but with the commentary track on. George and Ben burtt and Rick McCallum are on it among others.
Has anyone tried this and is it worthwhile?

_________________
durdencommatyler wrote:
dimejinky-the Han Solo of RM.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Star Wars: The Prequels
PostPosted: Mon November 13, 2017 4:31 am 
Online
User avatar
I've been POOSSTTIiiEEnngeeaahh
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 3:36 pm
Posts: 10252
Location: Mizzou
dimejinky99 wrote:
I’ve never done this before for any Star Wars film. watching the Phantom Menace, but with the commentary track on. George and Ben burtt and Rick McCallum are on it among others.
Has anyone tried this and is it worthwhile?


Man, I haven't listed to a DVD's commentary track in a really long time but now I'm tempted.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Star Wars: The Prequels
PostPosted: Mon November 13, 2017 9:05 am 
Offline
User avatar
Posting (live)
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 12:35 am
Posts: 17931
Monkey_Driven wrote:
dimejinky99 wrote:
I’ve never done this before for any Star Wars film. watching the Phantom Menace, but with the commentary track on. George and Ben burtt and Rick McCallum are on it among others.
Has anyone tried this and is it worthwhile?


Man, I haven't listed to a DVD's commentary track in a really long time but now I'm tempted.



Got through phantom Menace and halfway through attack of the clones. Some interesting stuff for sure would have been better if they were seperate tracks and you could just follow one commentary. It’s rather hodge lodge jumping around the different people involved like George talking about a story point then jumps to burrt talking about a sounds design. Hearing George literally chuckle as he explains why he consistently has jar jar do some comedic (his word) stuff during really dramatic scenes is kinda painful.

_________________
durdencommatyler wrote:
dimejinky-the Han Solo of RM.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Star Wars: The Prequels
PostPosted: Fri November 17, 2017 1:09 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Future Drummer
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 6:03 pm
Posts: 3314
Location: Washington State
http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-enter ... 35831.html

Apologies if posted, hard to search for a link in a huge thread.

_________________
"If it looks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, we have at least to consider the possibility that we have a small aquatic bird of the family Anatidae on our hands.”


Top
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 535 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 23, 24, 25, 26, 27  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » Arts & Entertainment » Star Wars


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Monkey_Driven and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
It is currently Fri December 15, 2017 6:25 am