The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » Arts & Entertainment » Star Wars




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 10420 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 496, 497, 498, 499, 500, 501, 502 ... 521  Next

Well?
Loved it - among the best Star Wars Movie 39%  39%  [ 23 ]
Really liked it, but not one of the best 19%  19%  [ 11 ]
Liked it - it's Star Wars 15%  15%  [ 9 ]
Ehhh 20%  20%  [ 12 ]
I miss the prequels 7%  7%  [ 4 ]
Total votes : 59
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Star Wars: Episode VIII: The Last Jedi -spoilers start 3
PostPosted: Sat March 17, 2018 5:59 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Misplaced My Sponge
 Profile

Joined: Fri July 12, 2013 9:11 pm
Posts: 5912
Location: Oslo, Norway
dimejinky99 wrote:
Hamill was on our main chat show here last night and gave probably the best interview I’ve ever seen him do. He was really relaxed and charmed the pants off the entire country:)
Here’s a clip. They let a little fella ask him a question or two. It’s adorable:)



That was nice. Thanks for sharing.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Star Wars: Episode VIII: The Last Jedi -spoilers start 3
PostPosted: Sat March 17, 2018 6:02 pm 
Offline
User avatar
NEVER STOP JAMMING!
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 12:35 am
Posts: 20096
The whole interview was wonderful. I’ll share it if it pops up :)

_________________
durdencommatyler wrote:
dimejinky-the Han Solo of RM.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Star Wars: Episode VIII: The Last Jedi -spoilers start 3
PostPosted: Sat March 17, 2018 9:28 pm 
Offline
User avatar
I've been POOSSTTIiiEEnngeeaahh
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 3:36 pm
Posts: 12290
Location: Mizzou
Watched all the deleted scenes. The Luke/Rey scenes would have worked. The Canto Bright stuff was so weird, yet wonderful. Can understand why they cut it.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Star Wars: Episode VIII: The Last Jedi -spoilers start 3
PostPosted: Sat March 17, 2018 9:32 pm 
Offline
User avatar
NEVER STOP JAMMING!
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 12:35 am
Posts: 20096
This film is fucking fantastic. I think I’m about ready to rank it.

_________________
durdencommatyler wrote:
dimejinky-the Han Solo of RM.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Star Wars: Episode VIII: The Last Jedi -spoilers start 3
PostPosted: Sat March 17, 2018 9:42 pm 
Offline
User avatar
NEVER STOP JAMMING!
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 12:35 am
Posts: 20096
This should have been left in. I can’t think of a reason why it wouldn’t be. He’s mourning han.


_________________
durdencommatyler wrote:
dimejinky-the Han Solo of RM.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Star Wars: Episode VIII: The Last Jedi -spoilers start 3
PostPosted: Sat March 17, 2018 10:40 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Broken Tamborine
 Profile

Joined: Tue February 05, 2013 9:53 am
Posts: 319
dimejinky99 wrote:
This should have been left in. I can’t think of a reason why it wouldn’t be. He’s mourning han.



Yeah, I had the same thought. It's a wonderful little scene and and it's short so there was no good reason I can think of to cut it out. Very touching scene.

Most of those deleted scenes were great. I loved the scene with Luke telling Rey the island was being raided so she runs towards the fight only to find the caretakers having a big party! I wish they'd kept that, too.

The Director & The Jedi is BRILLIANT. Essential viewing for any fan.

I think I'm ready to rank this one too!


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Star Wars: Episode VIII: The Last Jedi -spoilers start 3
PostPosted: Sun March 18, 2018 11:49 am 
Offline
User avatar
NEVER STOP JAMMING!
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 12:35 am
Posts: 20096
Honestly think the director and the Jedi is my favourite making of doco ever.
It’s fucking fantastic. There’s so much packed in there and it’s shot so beautifully.
The making of doco with TFA was so flimsy and barren. This one should and could be released as a film in its own right. Love it.

_________________
durdencommatyler wrote:
dimejinky-the Han Solo of RM.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Star Wars: Episode VIII: The Last Jedi -spoilers start 3
PostPosted: Sun March 18, 2018 3:26 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 3:48 pm
Posts: 32763
Location: Mountains
dimejinky99 wrote:
Honestly think the director and the Jedi is my favourite making of doco ever.
It’s fucking fantastic. There’s so much packed in there and it’s shot so beautifully.
The making of doco with TFA was so flimsy and barren. This one should and could be released as a film in its own right. Love it.

Its also emotional.

Watching that makes it absolutely clear how huge of a fan Rian Johnson is. How much he cares about these characters and really wanted to push the star wars story forward. Not to retread. I love the movie more after watching it. I love how he got inside their heads and where he takes the characters.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Star Wars: Episode VIII: The Last Jedi -spoilers start 3
PostPosted: Sun March 18, 2018 3:30 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Broken Tamborine
 Profile

Joined: Tue February 05, 2013 9:53 am
Posts: 319
Watched the film again this morning with my best friend who is a massive Star Wars geek. I asked her after where she was currently ranking this one. She said it's 5th or 6th at the moment! Better than the prequels, maybe better than Rogue One but doesn't match up with TFA and the OT.

I think she's actually out of her mind. TLJ has some of my favourite shots in the entire saga, as well as some of my favourite scenes. Instant classic for me.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Star Wars: Episode VIII: The Last Jedi -spoilers start 3
PostPosted: Sun March 18, 2018 6:57 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Looks Like a Cat
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 1:56 am
Posts: 14002
It’s certainly miles beyond Force Awakens and the prequels.

_________________
Cell Phone Songs



Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Star Wars: Episode VIII: The Last Jedi -spoilers start 3
PostPosted: Sun March 18, 2018 7:10 pm 
Offline
User avatar
I've been POOSSTTIiiEEnngeeaahh
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 3:36 pm
Posts: 12290
Location: Mizzou
McParadigm wrote:
It’s certainly miles beyond Force Awakens and the prequels.


After my third viewing I am inclined to agree. It holds up. A real step forward in the main saga. Really, the first since Empire.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Star Wars: Episode VIII: The Last Jedi -spoilers start 3
PostPosted: Sun March 18, 2018 9:21 pm 
Offline
User avatar
NEVER STOP JAMMING!
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 12:35 am
Posts: 20096
‘I wanted to pick up at exactly that moment’

Then why the fuck play it for laughs? He could have just dropped the saber and walked off rather than throw it.

Don’t think I’ll ever be able to take this. It completely pisses all over the entire point of TFA and certainly it’s ending.

_________________
durdencommatyler wrote:
dimejinky-the Han Solo of RM.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Star Wars: Episode VIII: The Last Jedi -spoilers start 3
PostPosted: Sun March 18, 2018 9:22 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 3:48 pm
Posts: 32763
Location: Mountains
dimejinky99 wrote:
‘I wanted to pick up at exactly that moment’

Then why the fuck play it for laughs? He could have just dropped the saber and walked off rather than throw it.

Don’t think I’ll ever be able to take this. It completely pisses all over the entire point of TFA and certainly it’s ending.

No it doesnt. It doesnt shit on the ending of TFA at all. It just moves it forward in a way that was unexpected and its only kind of funny because of how shocking it is.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Star Wars: Episode VIII: The Last Jedi -spoilers start 3
PostPosted: Sun March 18, 2018 9:59 pm 
Offline
User avatar
NEVER STOP JAMMING!
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 12:35 am
Posts: 20096
Strat wrote:
dimejinky99 wrote:
‘I wanted to pick up at exactly that moment’

Then why the fuck play it for laughs? He could have just dropped the saber and walked off rather than throw it.

Don’t think I’ll ever be able to take this. It completely pisses all over the entire point of TFA and certainly it’s ending.

No it doesnt. It doesnt shit on the ending of TFA at all. It just moves it forward in a way that was unexpected and its only kind of funny because of how shocking it is.



It does take away from TFA. In a big way. And it’s said somewhere that they have him throw it just to set up the porg gag when the porg is kicking the on switch and the other one is looking down the barrel.

It would have been easier and more impactful to have him do almost anything else rather than throw it like that. Hand it back to her. This means nothing to me. Drop it and just walk off.
Nothing in this film about Luke and where he’s at mentally is funny so why play it like that? It clashes violently against everything else they’re trying to establish for him in this film.

_________________
durdencommatyler wrote:
dimejinky-the Han Solo of RM.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Star Wars: Episode VIII: The Last Jedi -spoilers start 3
PostPosted: Sun March 18, 2018 10:09 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 3:48 pm
Posts: 32763
Location: Mountains
dimejinky99 wrote:
Strat wrote:
dimejinky99 wrote:
‘I wanted to pick up at exactly that moment’

Then why the fuck play it for laughs? He could have just dropped the saber and walked off rather than throw it.

Don’t think I’ll ever be able to take this. It completely pisses all over the entire point of TFA and certainly it’s ending.

No it doesnt. It doesnt shit on the ending of TFA at all. It just moves it forward in a way that was unexpected and its only kind of funny because of how shocking it is.



It does take away from TFA. In a big way. And it’s said somewhere that they have him throw it just to set up the porg gag when the porg is kicking the on switch and the other one is looking down the barrel.

It would have been easier and more impactful to have him do almost anything else rather than throw it like that. Hand it back to her. This means nothing to me. Drop it and just walk off.
Nothing in this film about Luke and where he’s at mentally is funny so why play it like that? It clashes violently against everything else they’re trying to establish for him in this film.

"Okay that is nowhere" to rey about jakuu

"That was a mean trick" to R2

*brushes pretend dust off shoulder after being bombarded by Kylo's gun attacks*

"See you around kid" - Total smartass

*sucks blue milk from titty and gives rey a greasy look*

"i cant imagine why" Luke to Rey regarding the caretakers

There are more. Point is: Luke is a smartass in this movie. Luke is an old crusty "get off my lawn" bastard, as well as having intense emotional things to overcome. He can be both serious and a smartass. Like Yoda.

Its not out of character for the movie and does not shit on anything.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Star Wars: Episode VIII: The Last Jedi -spoilers start 3
PostPosted: Sun March 18, 2018 10:26 pm 
Offline
User avatar
NEVER STOP JAMMING!
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 12:35 am
Posts: 20096
Everything you listed is Valid and within character. And funny. The saber toss isn’t though. Even better he should have refused to take it out of her hand. He lost an arm to that fuckin thing!!

I’m onboard 100% with everything else in this film. That one moment though. Just no.

Totally wrong decision.

_________________
durdencommatyler wrote:
dimejinky-the Han Solo of RM.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Star Wars: Episode VIII: The Last Jedi -spoilers start 3
PostPosted: Sun March 18, 2018 10:30 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 3:48 pm
Posts: 32763
Location: Mountains
dimejinky99 wrote:
Everything you listed is Valid and within character. And funny. The saber toss isn’t though. Even better he should have refused to take it out of her hand. He lost an arm to that fuckin thing!!

I’m onboard 100% with everything else in this film. That one moment though. Just no.

Totally wrong decision.

FUCK YOU I DISAGREE.

I think its very similar to how Yoda first dealt with Luke.

I love it.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Star Wars: Episode VIII: The Last Jedi -spoilers start 3
PostPosted: Sun March 18, 2018 10:40 pm 
Offline
User avatar
NEVER STOP JAMMING!
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 12:35 am
Posts: 20096
My first time in the cinema I almost shouted WHAT??? I was loud.

I get he’s kinda doing a Yoda on it after the fact but not there he wasn’t.


Spoiler: show
the moment in the Director and the Jedi..the camera is way back and Rian sits down beside Hamill and is telling him you can’t tell Mary Lou. You can’t tell anyone. The title is the last Jedi

Such a brilliant little moment. Almost feels like Rian making it up to mark cos he’s after doing all this crazy stuff with Luke. And he’s like ‘ooh! That means me!’ It’s so cute and touching

_________________
durdencommatyler wrote:
dimejinky-the Han Solo of RM.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Star Wars: Episode VIII: The Last Jedi -spoilers start 3
PostPosted: Sun March 18, 2018 10:49 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 3:48 pm
Posts: 32763
Location: Mountains
dimejinky99 wrote:
My first time in the cinema I almost shouted WHAT??? I was loud.

I get he’s kinda doing a Yoda on it after the fact but not there he wasn’t.


Spoiler: show
the moment in the Director and the Jedi..the camera is way back and Rian sits down beside Hamill and is telling him you can’t tell Mary Lou. You can’t tell anyone. The title is the last Jedi

Such a brilliant little moment. Almost feels like Rian making it up to mark cos he’s after doing all this crazy stuff with Luke. And he’s like ‘ooh! That means me!’ It’s so cute and touching

i really wish Mark came around to Lukes story by the end of that documentary. I dont know why that matters to me but i really wish Mark was completely on board.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Star Wars: Episode VIII: The Last Jedi -spoilers start 3
PostPosted: Sun March 18, 2018 11:00 pm 
Offline
User avatar
NEVER STOP JAMMING!
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 12:35 am
Posts: 20096
Strat wrote:
dimejinky99 wrote:
My first time in the cinema I almost shouted WHAT??? I was loud.

I get he’s kinda doing a Yoda on it after the fact but not there he wasn’t.


Spoiler: show
the moment in the Director and the Jedi..the camera is way back and Rian sits down beside Hamill and is telling him you can’t tell Mary Lou. You can’t tell anyone. The title is the last Jedi

Such a brilliant little moment. Almost feels like Rian making it up to mark cos he’s after doing all this crazy stuff with Luke. And he’s like ‘ooh! That means me!’ It’s so cute and touching

i really wish Mark came around to Lukes story by the end of that documentary. I dont know why that matters to me but i really wish Mark was completely on board.




Yesterday. Smack bang in the heart of Dublin. Here’s your answer. (We know luke is coming back but it’s academic at this point basically)


_________________
durdencommatyler wrote:
dimejinky-the Han Solo of RM.


Top
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 10420 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 496, 497, 498, 499, 500, 501, 502 ... 521  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » Arts & Entertainment » Star Wars


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
It is currently Sat April 21, 2018 2:10 am