The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » Arts & Entertainment » Star Wars




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 10556 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 486, 487, 488, 489, 490, 491, 492 ... 528  Next

Well?
Loved it - among the best Star Wars Movie 39%  39%  [ 23 ]
Really liked it, but not one of the best 19%  19%  [ 11 ]
Liked it - it's Star Wars 15%  15%  [ 9 ]
Ehhh 20%  20%  [ 12 ]
I miss the prequels 7%  7%  [ 4 ]
Total votes : 59
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Star Wars: Episode VIII: The Last Jedi -spoilers start 3
PostPosted: Wed January 31, 2018 3:48 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:33 pm
Posts: 63695
Location: The applebees on haggerty.
Sgt. Crackpot wrote:
bada wrote:
stip wrote:
i should see this a final time


Are you dying?

:lol:

Yep, I laughed.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Star Wars: Episode VIII: The Last Jedi -spoilers start 3
PostPosted: Wed January 31, 2018 3:56 pm 
Online
User avatar
Misplaced My Sponge
 Profile

Joined: Fri July 12, 2013 9:11 pm
Posts: 6063
Location: Oslo, Norway
I’ve already ordered and paid for the 4k (with additional blu-ray) version. I think it will be realeased in early April, but for legal download as early as March.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Star Wars: Episode VIII: The Last Jedi -spoilers start 3
PostPosted: Wed January 31, 2018 4:04 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:33 pm
Posts: 63695
Location: The applebees on haggerty.
Let's all laugh at Rangers wrote:
I've said it before and I'll say it again. A New Hope doesn't really get going until the final battle, same with return of the Jedi. The Empire Strikes Back is more consistent but doesn't really have a big space battle. Episodes 4-6 are great, but they're not the superior films they're made out to be.

I disagree on some of the smaller points here but ultimately, yeah. The thrust of your argument is correct. I think ANH is more than the final battle but that's really the only thing I'd argue.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Star Wars: Episode VIII: The Last Jedi -spoilers start 3
PostPosted: Wed January 31, 2018 5:36 pm 
Online
User avatar
NEVER STOP JAMMING!
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 12:35 am
Posts: 20800
Depends what you want from the film. It’s all brilliantly built up to that battle but it’s not all just there to service that I don’t think. It would be really poor if it had been.

_________________
durdencommatyler wrote:
dimejinky-the Han Solo of RM.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Star Wars: Episode VIII: The Last Jedi -spoilers start 3
PostPosted: Thu February 01, 2018 3:48 am 
Offline
User avatar
The worst
 Profile

Joined: Thu December 13, 2012 6:31 pm
Posts: 31634
this is pretty good

_________________
So many tournaments, so little time


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Star Wars: Episode VIII: The Last Jedi -spoilers start 3
PostPosted: Thu February 01, 2018 4:04 am 
Offline
User avatar
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:33 pm
Posts: 63695
Location: The applebees on haggerty.
Excellent, Stip.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Star Wars: Episode VIII: The Last Jedi -spoilers start 3
PostPosted: Thu February 01, 2018 4:08 am 
Offline
User avatar
The worst
 Profile

Joined: Thu December 13, 2012 6:31 pm
Posts: 31634
i dont make em. i just link em

_________________
So many tournaments, so little time


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Star Wars: Episode VIII: The Last Jedi -spoilers start 3
PostPosted: Thu February 01, 2018 4:08 am 
Offline
User avatar
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:33 pm
Posts: 63695
Location: The applebees on haggerty.
I just mean, thank you for sharing. That was super enjoyable.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Star Wars: Episode VIII: The Last Jedi -spoilers start 3
PostPosted: Thu February 01, 2018 3:27 pm 
Online
User avatar
NEVER STOP JAMMING!
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 12:35 am
Posts: 20800
So Johnson has confirmed the mirror in the cave is showing Rey her deepest fear. From a certain point of view


_________________
durdencommatyler wrote:
dimejinky-the Han Solo of RM.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Star Wars: Episode VIII: The Last Jedi -spoilers start 3
PostPosted: Sat February 03, 2018 5:20 pm 
Online
User avatar
NEVER STOP JAMMING!
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 12:35 am
Posts: 20800
Amazing


_________________
durdencommatyler wrote:
dimejinky-the Han Solo of RM.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Star Wars: Episode VIII: The Last Jedi -spoilers start 3
PostPosted: Sat February 03, 2018 5:41 pm 
Online
User avatar
NEVER STOP JAMMING!
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 12:35 am
Posts: 20800

_________________
durdencommatyler wrote:
dimejinky-the Han Solo of RM.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Star Wars: Episode VIII: The Last Jedi -spoilers start 3
PostPosted: Sat February 03, 2018 6:57 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:33 pm
Posts: 63695
Location: The applebees on haggerty.
Maybe this belongs in the unpopular opinions thread but that Kenobi saber has always been my favorite.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Star Wars: Episode VIII: The Last Jedi -spoilers start 3
PostPosted: Sat February 03, 2018 7:10 pm 
Online
User avatar
NEVER STOP JAMMING!
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 12:35 am
Posts: 20800
durdencommatyler wrote:
Maybe this belongs in the unpopular opinions thread but that Kenobi saber has always been my favorite.


You’re totally right though.
It’s the most truly ergonomic and functional one. Even a cursory glance tells you that.
The Skywalker saber and even Vader saber which has almost identical design, isn’t fit for purpose. But when you’re that powerful it doesn’t matter how good the grip on your hilt is.



*im sure there’s an episode of clone wars calling me a liar

_________________
durdencommatyler wrote:
dimejinky-the Han Solo of RM.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Star Wars: Episode VIII: The Last Jedi -spoilers start 3
PostPosted: Sat February 03, 2018 7:14 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:33 pm
Posts: 63695
Location: The applebees on haggerty.
dimejinky99 wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
Maybe this belongs in the unpopular opinions thread but that Kenobi saber has always been my favorite.


You’re totally right though.
It’s the most truly ergonomic and functional one. Even a cursory glance tells you that.
The Skywalker saber and even Vader saber which has almost identical design, isn’t fit for purpose. But when you’re that powerful it doesn’t matter how good the grip on your hilt is.



*im sure there’s an episode of clone wars calling me a liar

:lol:

Fuck the haters. We're right about this one.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Star Wars: Episode VIII: The Last Jedi -spoilers start 3
PostPosted: Sat February 03, 2018 7:23 pm 
Online
User avatar
NEVER STOP JAMMING!
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 12:35 am
Posts: 20800
durdencommatyler wrote:
dimejinky99 wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
Maybe this belongs in the unpopular opinions thread but that Kenobi saber has always been my favorite.


You’re totally right though.
It’s the most truly ergonomic and functional one. Even a cursory glance tells you that.
The Skywalker saber and even Vader saber which has almost identical design, isn’t fit for purpose. But when you’re that powerful it doesn’t matter how good the grip on your hilt is.



*im sure there’s an episode of clone wars calling me a liar

:lol:

Fuck the haters. We're right about this one.


They just reworked Obi wans saber from ANH for Luke’s green saber in ROTJ. it’s the same one basically.

What I can’t understand is how the originals from the films got out into private collectors hands.

_________________
durdencommatyler wrote:
dimejinky-the Han Solo of RM.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Star Wars: Episode VIII: The Last Jedi -spoilers start 3
PostPosted: Sat February 03, 2018 8:31 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:33 pm
Posts: 63695
Location: The applebees on haggerty.
dimejinky99 wrote:
What I can’t understand is how the originals from the films got out into private collectors hands.

:shock:


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Star Wars: Episode VIII: The Last Jedi -spoilers start 3
PostPosted: Sat February 03, 2018 8:37 pm 
Online
User avatar
NEVER STOP JAMMING!
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 12:35 am
Posts: 20800
durdencommatyler wrote:
dimejinky99 wrote:
What I can’t understand is how the originals from the films got out into private collectors hands.

:shock:




_________________
durdencommatyler wrote:
dimejinky-the Han Solo of RM.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Star Wars: Episode VIII: The Last Jedi -spoilers start 3
PostPosted: Sat February 03, 2018 8:44 pm 
Online
User avatar
NEVER STOP JAMMING!
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 12:35 am
Posts: 20800
Watch this.

So basically Anakin is Eddie Vedder in 1992 and wants to meet his son again. Worlds. Collide.


_________________
durdencommatyler wrote:
dimejinky-the Han Solo of RM.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Star Wars: Episode VIII: The Last Jedi -spoilers start 3
PostPosted: Sat February 03, 2018 8:53 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:33 pm
Posts: 63695
Location: The applebees on haggerty.
dimejinky99 wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
dimejinky99 wrote:
What I can’t understand is how the originals from the films got out into private collectors hands.

:shock:




This is... holy shit...


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Star Wars: Episode VIII: The Last Jedi -spoilers start 3
PostPosted: Sat February 03, 2018 9:02 pm 
Online
User avatar
NEVER STOP JAMMING!
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 12:35 am
Posts: 20800
durdencommatyler wrote:
dimejinky99 wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
dimejinky99 wrote:
What I can’t understand is how the originals from the films got out into private collectors hands.

:shock:




This is... holy shit...



So I can understand stuff like this being let go from ANH cos nobody thought Star Wars would ever be a thing.

But how does a prop like that get into the collector world after ROTJ?

_________________
durdencommatyler wrote:
dimejinky-the Han Solo of RM.


Top
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 10556 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 486, 487, 488, 489, 490, 491, 492 ... 528  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » Arts & Entertainment » Star Wars


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
It is currently Mon June 25, 2018 8:27 am