The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » Arts & Entertainment » Star Wars




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 11484 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 333, 334, 335, 336, 337, 338, 339 ... 575  Next

Well?
Loved it - among the best Star Wars Movie 38%  38%  [ 24 ]
Really liked it, but not one of the best 19%  19%  [ 12 ]
Liked it - it's Star Wars 16%  16%  [ 10 ]
Ehhh 21%  21%  [ 13 ]
I miss the prequels 6%  6%  [ 4 ]
Total votes : 63
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Star Wars: Episode VIII: The Last Jedi (2017)
PostPosted: Sun December 10, 2017 8:13 am 
Offline
User avatar
Mind Your Tanners
 Profile

Joined: Fri March 22, 2013 7:20 pm
Posts: 9581
Location: 41.1716° S, 174.8248° E
This is gonna Suuuuuuck!

_________________
"I really enjoy sandwiches but the other guys are so good at making sandwiches that I don't make them. Now I make sandwiches."


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Star Wars: Episode VIII: The Last Jedi (2017)
PostPosted: Sun December 10, 2017 9:04 am 
Offline
User avatar
Posting (live)
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 4:18 am
Posts: 18614
Rangi Guy wrote:
This is gonna Suuuuuuck!

Bar's been set way too high anyway.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Star Wars: Episode VIII: The Last Jedi (2017)
PostPosted: Sun December 10, 2017 10:12 am 
Offline
User avatar
Broken Tamborine
 Profile

Joined: Tue February 05, 2013 9:53 am
Posts: 433
dimejinky99 wrote:
Early reactions are mixed. Some saying it’s the best Star Wars ever. Others not so much.

No spoilers here

https://www.starwarsnewsnet.com/2017/12 ... movie.html


I wouldn't say any of those reactions are mixed. They range from very good to spectacular.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Star Wars: Episode VIII: The Last Jedi (2017)
PostPosted: Sun December 10, 2017 10:54 am 
Offline
User avatar
10Club Complaint Department
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 3:36 pm
Posts: 16072
Location: Mizzou
Good to see people enjoyed it. I'm going in blackout mode until Thursday night. Have fun in this thread friends.

_________________
Please vote in the Video Game Tournament!
http://forums.theskyiscrape.com/viewforum.php?f=45


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Star Wars: Episode VIII: The Last Jedi (2017)
PostPosted: Sun December 10, 2017 12:27 pm 
Offline
User avatar
NEVER STOP JAMMING!
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 12:35 am
Posts: 22691
The comparison to the empire reactions is probably apt.
Was always a little worried that this would be too different from Star Wars and it definitely seems to have people saying it’s very different from what we expect. I guess going in knowing only that will prep us for it.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Star Wars: Episode VIII: The Last Jedi (2017)
PostPosted: Sun December 10, 2017 12:50 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The worst
 Profile

Joined: Thu December 13, 2012 6:31 pm
Posts: 31729
BootsToAsses wrote:
dimejinky99 wrote:
Early reactions are mixed. Some saying it’s the best Star Wars ever. Others not so much.

No spoilers here

https://www.starwarsnewsnet.com/2017/12 ... movie.html


I wouldn't say any of those reactions are mixed. They range from very good to spectacular.


they basically all universally praise it except for two who say that it is very good.


Seems to be more important than usual to stay away from spoilers. So everyone be very careful and do not fuck it up in this thread!

_________________
So many tournaments, so little time


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Star Wars: Episode VIII: The Last Jedi (2017)
PostPosted: Sun December 10, 2017 1:17 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Broken Tamborine
 Profile

Joined: Tue February 05, 2013 9:53 am
Posts: 433
stip wrote:
BootsToAsses wrote:
dimejinky99 wrote:
Early reactions are mixed. Some saying it’s the best Star Wars ever. Others not so much.

No spoilers here

https://www.starwarsnewsnet.com/2017/12 ... movie.html


I wouldn't say any of those reactions are mixed. They range from very good to spectacular.


they basically all universally praise it except for two who say that it is very good.


Seems to be more important than usual to stay away from spoilers. So everyone be very careful and do not fuck it up in this thread!


I'm just catching up with last night's red carpet stream, and then i'm going into blackout mode. I've muted any Star Wars word I can think of on Twitter. I have two and half days of work left and then I'm ready!

I hate to hype too much, but I really hope this thing surpasses Empire for most people. "Best since Empire..." frustrates me to no end. I want this one to set the bar.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Star Wars: Episode VIII: The Last Jedi (2017)
PostPosted: Sun December 10, 2017 1:32 pm 
Offline
User avatar
NEVER STOP JAMMING!
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 12:35 am
Posts: 22691
BootsToAsses wrote:
stip wrote:
BootsToAsses wrote:
dimejinky99 wrote:
Early reactions are mixed. Some saying it’s the best Star Wars ever. Others not so much.

No spoilers here

https://www.starwarsnewsnet.com/2017/12 ... movie.html


I wouldn't say any of those reactions are mixed. They range from very good to spectacular.


they basically all universally praise it except for two who say that it is very good.


Seems to be more important than usual to stay away from spoilers. So everyone be very careful and do not fuck it up in this thread!


I'm just catching up with last night's red carpet stream, and then i'm going into blackout mode. I've muted any Star Wars word I can think of on Twitter. I have two and half days of work left and then I'm ready!

I hate to hype too much, but I really hope this thing surpasses Empire for most people. "Best since Empire..." frustrates me to no end. I want this one to set the bar.



Only really setting yourself up for disappointment going in with that expectation though.
Hollywood reporter has published a page of tweet reactions and they’re a lot more varied than the above list. The word bloated is used in one. Drags in the middle is in another.
I think I’m self sabotaging this to be super blown away :)


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Star Wars: Episode VIII: The Last Jedi (2017)
PostPosted: Sun December 10, 2017 2:24 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:33 pm
Posts: 67509
Location: The applebees on haggerty.
spike wrote:
Rangi Guy wrote:
This is gonna Suuuuuuck!

Bar's been set way too high anyway.

This is absolutely true.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Star Wars: Episode VIII: The Last Jedi (2017)
PostPosted: Sun December 10, 2017 2:54 pm 
Offline
User avatar
NEVER STOP JAMMING!
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 12:35 am
Posts: 22691
By who? Us? Poppycock. We all have measured and reasonable expectations


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Star Wars: Episode VIII: The Last Jedi (2017)
PostPosted: Sun December 10, 2017 3:06 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:33 pm
Posts: 67509
Location: The applebees on haggerty.
dimejinky99 wrote:
By who? Us? Poppycock. We all have measured and reasonable expectations

:lol:


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Star Wars: Episode VIII: The Last Jedi (2017)
PostPosted: Sun December 10, 2017 3:16 pm 
Offline
User avatar
NEVER STOP JAMMING!
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 12:35 am
Posts: 22691
Thh I’m trying to convince myself to hate it. So I’ll be pleasantly surprised when it’s awesome.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Star Wars: Episode VIII: The Last Jedi (2017)
PostPosted: Sun December 10, 2017 3:59 pm 
Offline
User avatar
NEVER STOP JAMMING!
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 12:35 am
Posts: 22691
This is good news
Really really good news ... On Williams score for TLJ



Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Star Wars: Episode VIII: The Last Jedi (2017)
PostPosted: Sun December 10, 2017 4:09 pm 
Offline
User avatar
NEVER STOP JAMMING!
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 12:35 am
Posts: 22691
Guys. I have a feeling LV is really gonna love this film.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Star Wars: Episode VIII: The Last Jedi (2017)
PostPosted: Sun December 10, 2017 4:10 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 3:48 pm
Posts: 36574
Location: Mountains
dimejinky99 wrote:
Guys. I have a feeling LV is really gonna love this film.

0 chance.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Star Wars: Episode VIII: The Last Jedi (2017)
PostPosted: Sun December 10, 2017 4:34 pm 
Offline
User avatar
NEVER STOP JAMMING!
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 12:35 am
Posts: 22691
Strat wrote:
dimejinky99 wrote:
Guys. I have a feeling LV is really gonna love this film.

0 chance.



Would he even admit it here if he did?


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Star Wars: Episode VIII: The Last Jedi (2017)
PostPosted: Sun December 10, 2017 5:14 pm 
Offline
User avatar
RM Elitist
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 8:43 pm
Posts: 13574
dimejinky99 wrote:
Strat wrote:
dimejinky99 wrote:
Guys. I have a feeling LV is really gonna love this film.

0 chance.



Would he even admit it here if he did?



Of course he would.

I think, like any of us, LV will at times allow some preconceived notions about a film (be it the star, story, actor, director, etc) impact his enjoyment of it. Maybe nitpicking things more because he knows he wont like something (lord knows you did that with Rogue One...). Everyone does that though. EVERYONE. or overlooking flaws to an extent because of a desire to give benefit of the doubt.

But I don't think LV ever lies about whether he actually likes something or doesn't. He gives his honest feel and opinion on what he sees. Just because it so often differs from yours (or mine) that doesn't make it wrong or dishonest... just different. He values different things in movies/films. But he's very honest about that. I don't think he would legitimately like a film then pretend to hate it.

_________________
dimejinky99 wrote:
Hang on I check on my Grindr


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Star Wars: Episode VIII: The Last Jedi (2017)
PostPosted: Sun December 10, 2017 5:15 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 3:48 pm
Posts: 36574
Location: Mountains
@SkitchP wrote:
dimejinky99 wrote:
Strat wrote:
dimejinky99 wrote:
Guys. I have a feeling LV is really gonna love this film.

0 chance.



Would he even admit it here if he did?



Of course he would.

I think, like any of us, LV will at times allow some preconceived notions about a film (be it the star, story, actor, director, etc) impact his enjoyment of it. Maybe nitpicking things more because he knows he wont like something (lord knows you did that with Rogue One...). Everyone does that though. EVERYONE. or overlooking flaws to an extent because of a desire to give benefit of the doubt.

But I don't think LV ever lies about whether he actually likes something or doesn't. He gives his honest feel and opinion on what he sees. Just because it so often differs from yours (or mine) that doesn't make it wrong or dishonest... just different. He values different things in movies/films. But he's very honest about that. I don't think he would legitimately like a film then pretend to hate it.


Spot on though his distaste for Dime might preclude him from admitting such a thing in this thread :haha:


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Star Wars: Episode VIII: The Last Jedi (2017)
PostPosted: Sun December 10, 2017 5:29 pm 
Offline
User avatar
NEVER STOP JAMMING!
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 12:35 am
Posts: 22691
Cool thanks Skitch. I hope he likes it. I hope I do too.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Star Wars: Episode VIII: The Last Jedi (2017)
PostPosted: Sun December 10, 2017 9:19 pm 
Offline
User avatar
NEVER STOP JAMMING!
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 12:35 am
Posts: 22691
Feels like we’re about to get over the final wall. Two years. One year. 100 days. One month. 7 days. Now Sunday into Monday, we’re climbing into the the very week we’ll get to see it. I’m counting breaths. Cannot wait.


Top
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 11484 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 333, 334, 335, 336, 337, 338, 339 ... 575  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » Arts & Entertainment » Star Wars


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
It is currently Sat December 15, 2018 12:50 am