19%
Liked it - it's Star Wars
14%
Ehhh
25%
I miss the prequels
6%

Total votes : 69

Re: Star Wars: Episode VIII: The Last Jedi (2017)

Fri December 08, 2017 2:13 am

Just saw the new TLJ TV spot. Holy shit! I can't wait for this movie. Though, I really wish they hadn't put that final shot in there. It's not really a spoiler but it would have been cool to see that on the big screen first. That's the only time in this TV campaign that I've actually felt this way.

Fri December 08, 2017 2:14 am

Strat wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
Sgt. Crackpot wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:Yes. I obviously miss all references. Duh. I'm an idiot and the worst poster on RM.

Fuck! Why didn't anyone tell me it was opposite day?

:lol:

When are you seeing this, Joey?

Thursday the 14th at midnight.

Fri December 08, 2017 2:16 am

durdencommatyler wrote:
Strat wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
Sgt. Crackpot wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:Yes. I obviously miss all references. Duh. I'm an idiot and the worst poster on RM.

Woo hoo!

I feel like I had to ait for Joey to see TFA. Now i dont really.

Fri December 08, 2017 2:30 am

Strat wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
Strat wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
Sgt. Crackpot wrote:

Woo hoo!

Oh yeah. I was nowhere near this excited for TFA. But TFA rekindled an old fire within me and turned me into a super Star Wars fan. Because of that one and more especially Rogue One, I'm out of my mind excited for TLJ.

This is the first midnight screening I've seen since The Dark Knight Rises and the first movie I've bought tickets for this far in advance since Attack of the Clones.

I can not wait. I firmly believe this has the chance to be the best Star Wars film and maybe even one of the best Sci-Fi movies ever made.

Fri December 08, 2017 2:37 am

durdencommatyler wrote:
Strat wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
Strat wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
Sgt. Crackpot wrote:

Woo hoo!

Oh yeah. I was nowhere near this excited for TFA. But TFA rekindled an old fire within me and turned me into a super Star Wars fan. Because of that one and more especially Rogue One, I'm out of my mind excited for TLJ.

This is the first midnight screening I've seen since The Dark Knight Rises and the first movie I've bought tickets for this far in advance since Attack of the Clones.

I can not wait. I firmly believe this has the chance to be the best Star Wars film and maybe even one of the best Sci-Fi movies ever made.

That's a very big call. But I fucking hope you're right, durds.

Fri December 08, 2017 2:38 am

Sgt. Crackpot wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
Strat wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
Strat wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
Sgt. Crackpot wrote:

Woo hoo!

I mean, obviously, the odds are against it here. But the potential is there. I hope I'm right. But I really think, either way, there's next to no way it won't be a good movie.

Fri December 08, 2017 2:46 am

durdencommatyler wrote:
Sgt. Crackpot wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
Strat wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
Strat wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
Sgt. Crackpot wrote:

Woo hoo!

I mean, obviously, the odds are against it here. But the potential is there. I hope I'm right. But I really think, either way, there's next to no way it won't be a good movie.

Knowing me im sure I will absolutely love it and decree it the best Star Wars film for a short period of time. It very well may be. It has all the pieces in place.

Im seeing it thursday and again with my nephew over the christmas break.

TFA sits firmly in the middle of Star Wars as a great star wars film. I am hoping TLJ delivers a film that I can become emotionally attached too. I think it might.

Fri December 08, 2017 3:32 am

A buddy just sent the latest trailer to me and it included a description I wish I hadn’t seen.

Fri December 08, 2017 3:37 am

Personal speculation and nothing I have seen anywhere. Im putting it in spoilers in case some of you who have already been spoiled....

Spoiler: show
What if Han had an affair and that is who rey is the spawn of? The affair would give weight to how Lei and Han fell apart. Also why Rey was hidden (silly bastard child). Its almost like....an eddie vedder character!

Fri December 08, 2017 3:49 am

Strat wrote:Personal speculation and nothing I have seen anywhere. Im putting it in spoilers in case some of you who have already been spoiled....

What if Han had an affair and that is who rey is the spawn of? The affair would give weight to how Lei and Han fell apart. Also why Rey was hidden (silly bastard child). Its almost like....an eddie vedder character!

except Han isn't Jedi potential. Kylo presumably inherited those powers from Leia. I know you never tell him the odds, but what are the odds his side piece was another lady tapped into the force?

Fri December 08, 2017 3:51 am

daft twat wrote:
Strat wrote:Personal speculation and nothing I have seen anywhere. Im putting it in spoilers in case some of you who have already been spoiled....

except Han isn't Jedi potential. Kylo presumably inherited those powers from Leia. I know you never tell him the odds, but what are the odds his side piece was another lady tapped into the force?

lol. "Side piece". Haven't heard that one in awhile. Awesome.

Considering how they are expanding and tying in the greater universe, i dont think it would be too much of a stretch to think Han had laid pipe somewhere with some powerful force babe.

But yea, it wouldnt be as impactful as a story piece if it were someone not prominently featured in the films. So, fuck everything i just rambled on about.

Fri December 08, 2017 3:56 am

Strat wrote:
daft twat wrote:

lol. "Side piece". Haven't heard that one in awhile. Awesome.

Considering how they are expanding and tying in the greater universe, i dont think it would be too much of a stretch to think Han had laid pipe somewhere with some powerful force babe.

But yea, it wouldnt be as impactful as a story piece if it were someone not prominently featured in the films. So, fuck everything i just rambled on about.

It gave me pause anyway because, like you said, Han's laid more pipe than Wabasha Plumbing, but if
she's his daughter, she crawled out of Leia. I could actually buy that if she wasn't such a smoke show and Kylo wasn't so odd looking.

Fri December 08, 2017 8:16 am

Star Wars isn’t sci fi Joey.

Fri December 08, 2017 8:52 am

dimejinky99 wrote:Star Wars isn’t sci fi Joey.

Fri December 08, 2017 11:01 am

I would say soft sci-fi, the softest. It's a space opera deeply rooted in fantasy. Clearly a SFF tale.

Fri December 08, 2017 11:46 am

It’s space fantasy. George always railed against it being called sci fi. It is known.

Fri December 08, 2017 3:44 pm

dimejinky99 wrote:It’s space fantasy. George always railed against it being called sci fi. It is known.

That doesnt mean its not, though.

George also probably thinks the Prequels are the best star wars films.

Fri December 08, 2017 3:49 pm

Which RMer will be seeing it first? I have a possible Wed viewing. Anybody earlier?

Fri December 08, 2017 4:11 pm

wease wrote:Which RMer will be seeing it first? I have a possible Wed viewing. Anybody earlier?

I thnk Dime has a wednesday evening as well so i think he'll be first with the time difference.

Fri December 08, 2017 4:29 pm

I think rangi guy is first in NZ
Post a reply