14%
Ehhh
25%
I miss the prequels
6%

Total votes : 69

Re: Star Wars: Episode VIII (2017)

Sat December 19, 2015 2:19 pm

This was an excellent directorial choice to follow up on the questions raised in FA

Sat December 19, 2015 2:43 pm

The rumour that Christensen is in Ep 8 might now have some legitimacy. Given Rens obsession with Vader. But other than a flashback I can't see how it will work? And why is he in training for it? Force ghost is just gonna stand there, isn't it?

Ren twice asking Vaders helmet to 'show me again the power of the dark side'
Is he training him in ghost form somehow?

Sat December 19, 2015 2:55 pm

dimejinky99 wrote:The rumour that Christensen is in Ep 8 might now have some legitimacy. Given Rens obsession with Vader. But other than a flashback I can't see how it will work? And why is he in training for it? Force ghost is just gonna stand there, isn't it?

Guaran-fucking-tee they will never reference the prequels.

Sat December 19, 2015 2:59 pm

LoathedVermin72 wrote:
dimejinky99 wrote:The rumour that Christensen is in Ep 8 might now have some legitimacy. Given Rens obsession with Vader. But other than a flashback I can't see how it will work? And why is he in training for it? Force ghost is just gonna stand there, isn't it?

you sad about that bro?

ps Vader/Anakin being in it doesnt reference the prequels at all really..
my thinking is Snoke is tricking Ren and putting stuff in his head as Palpatine did with Anakin(visions & nightmares etc) so who's to say he's not fooling him with a fake force ghost of vader?

Sat December 19, 2015 3:01 pm

dimejinky99 wrote:
LoathedVermin72 wrote:

you sad about that bro?

my thinking is Snoke is tricking Ren and putting stuff in his head as Palpatine did with Anakin(visions & nightmares etc) so who's to say he's not fooling him with a fake force ghost of vader?

Nah, I don't care. I'm just saying they will never acknowledge them, and including Christensen would be an acknowledgment.

Sat December 19, 2015 3:05 pm

LoathedVermin72 wrote:
dimejinky99 wrote:
LoathedVermin72 wrote:

you sad about that bro?

Nah, I don't care. I'm just saying they will never acknowledge them, and including Christensen would be an acknowledgment.

I agree the prequels have a toxicity and they should never reference them, but Vader doesnt belong to the preqels, he belongs to the entire story and casts a long shadow even over this new film, they'd be insane not to use him or feature him, and ome Disney exec was heard to say Vader will appear at some point, but we all just don't know when.

Sat December 19, 2015 3:07 pm

dimejinky99 wrote:
LoathedVermin72 wrote:
dimejinky99 wrote:
LoathedVermin72 wrote:

you sad about that bro?

I agree the prequels have a toxicity and they should never reference them, but Vader doesnt belong to the preqels, he belongs to the entire story and casts a long shadow even over this new film, they'd be insane not to use him or feature him, and ome Disney exec was heard to say Vader will appear at some point, but we all just don't know when.

Not saying they won't use Vader. They just won't use Christensen.

Sat December 19, 2015 3:08 pm

Also, was that exec talking about Rogue One? Because he's definitely in that.

Sat December 19, 2015 3:10 pm

I heard there will be no characters we know featured at all in Rogue one, but who knows

Sat December 19, 2015 3:11 pm

dimejinky99 wrote:I heard there will be no characters we know featured at all in Rogue one, but who knows

I'm pretty sure Vader has been confirmed.

Sat December 19, 2015 3:14 pm

I guess not exactly "confirmed," but a lot of outlets are reporting it based on credible rumors: http://screenrant.com/star-wars-rogue-one-darth-vader/

Sat December 19, 2015 3:14 pm

There is that great sequence with Vader in that rebels episode. I'd love to see more of Vader in his prime

Sat December 19, 2015 3:35 pm

Oh good another star wars thread

Tue December 22, 2015 4:44 pm

Casting call for episode 8

Forgot Benicio del toro is in this. Presumably a bad guy?
http://www.moviecastingcall.org/2015/12 ... roles.html

Tue December 22, 2015 4:48 pm

E.H. Ruddock wrote:Oh good another star wars thread

I was thinking of making one dedicated to the Original Trilogy, and one dedicated to the Prequels. Would you hate me if I did that?

Tue December 22, 2015 4:53 pm

darth_vedder wrote:
E.H. Ruddock wrote:Oh good another star wars thread

I was thinking of making one dedicated to the Original Trilogy, and one dedicated to the Prequels. Would you hate me if I did that?

No, we actually need one for the prequels I think. I thought there was one for the OT but could be wrong. You just have to put Grievous in the OP.

Tue December 22, 2015 10:21 pm

dimejinky99 wrote:Casting call for episode 8

Interesting that Adam Driver isn't listed at the bottom. :?

Tue December 22, 2015 10:22 pm

I heard that a few weeks ago and thought he was gonna bite it at the end of the movie

Tue December 22, 2015 10:22 pm

durdencommatyler wrote:

Im not all that surprised. He's probably pretty upset after the untimely and sudden passing of his father.

Tue December 22, 2015 10:23 pm

@SkitchP wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:

Im not all that surprised. He's probably pretty upset after the untimely and sudden passing of his father.

:lol:
Post a reply