The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » Arts & Entertainment » Star Wars




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 11984 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 600  Next

Well?
Loved it - among the best Star Wars Movie 38%  38%  [ 26 ]
Really liked it, but not one of the best 19%  19%  [ 13 ]
Liked it - it's Star Wars 13%  13%  [ 9 ]
Ehhh 25%  25%  [ 17 ]
I miss the prequels 6%  6%  [ 4 ]
Total votes : 69
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Star Wars: Episode VIII (2017)
PostPosted: Sat December 19, 2015 2:19 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The worst
 Profile

Joined: Thu December 13, 2012 6:31 pm
Posts: 34781
This was an excellent directorial choice to follow up on the questions raised in FA

_________________
The Sky I Scrape Gigaton Review


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Star Wars: Episode VIII (2017)
PostPosted: Sat December 19, 2015 2:43 pm 
Offline
User avatar
what on earth am I talking about
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 12:35 am
Posts: 32665
The rumour that Christensen is in Ep 8 might now have some legitimacy. Given Rens obsession with Vader. But other than a flashback I can't see how it will work? And why is he in training for it? Force ghost is just gonna stand there, isn't it?

Ren twice asking Vaders helmet to 'show me again the power of the dark side'
Is he training him in ghost form somehow?


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Star Wars: Episode VIII (2017)
PostPosted: Sat December 19, 2015 2:55 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Sun May 25, 2014 9:32 pm
Posts: 45317
Location: Garbage Dump
dimejinky99 wrote:
The rumour that Christensen is in Ep 8 might now have some legitimacy. Given Rens obsession with Vader. But other than a flashback I can't see how it will work? And why is he in training for it? Force ghost is just gonna stand there, isn't it?

Ren twice asking Vaders helmet to 'show me again the power of the dark side'
Is he training him in ghost form somehow?

Guaran-fucking-tee they will never reference the prequels.

_________________
dimejinky99 wrote:
Take that post and push it off a bridge.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Star Wars: Episode VIII (2017)
PostPosted: Sat December 19, 2015 2:59 pm 
Offline
User avatar
what on earth am I talking about
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 12:35 am
Posts: 32665
LoathedVermin72 wrote:
dimejinky99 wrote:
The rumour that Christensen is in Ep 8 might now have some legitimacy. Given Rens obsession with Vader. But other than a flashback I can't see how it will work? And why is he in training for it? Force ghost is just gonna stand there, isn't it?

Ren twice asking Vaders helmet to 'show me again the power of the dark side'
Is he training him in ghost form somehow?

Guaran-fucking-tee they will never reference the prequels.


you sad about that bro?

ps Vader/Anakin being in it doesnt reference the prequels at all really..
my thinking is Snoke is tricking Ren and putting stuff in his head as Palpatine did with Anakin(visions & nightmares etc) so who's to say he's not fooling him with a fake force ghost of vader?


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Star Wars: Episode VIII (2017)
PostPosted: Sat December 19, 2015 3:01 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Sun May 25, 2014 9:32 pm
Posts: 45317
Location: Garbage Dump
dimejinky99 wrote:
LoathedVermin72 wrote:
dimejinky99 wrote:
The rumour that Christensen is in Ep 8 might now have some legitimacy. Given Rens obsession with Vader. But other than a flashback I can't see how it will work? And why is he in training for it? Force ghost is just gonna stand there, isn't it?

Ren twice asking Vaders helmet to 'show me again the power of the dark side'
Is he training him in ghost form somehow?

Guaran-fucking-tee they will never reference the prequels.


you sad about that bro?

ps Vader/Anakin being in it doesnt reference the prequels at all really..
my thinking is Snoke is tricking Ren and putting stuff in his head as Palpatine did with Anakin(visions & nightmares etc) so who's to say he's not fooling him with a fake force ghost of vader?

Nah, I don't care. I'm just saying they will never acknowledge them, and including Christensen would be an acknowledgment.

_________________
dimejinky99 wrote:
Take that post and push it off a bridge.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Star Wars: Episode VIII (2017)
PostPosted: Sat December 19, 2015 3:05 pm 
Offline
User avatar
what on earth am I talking about
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 12:35 am
Posts: 32665
LoathedVermin72 wrote:
dimejinky99 wrote:
LoathedVermin72 wrote:
dimejinky99 wrote:
The rumour that Christensen is in Ep 8 might now have some legitimacy. Given Rens obsession with Vader. But other than a flashback I can't see how it will work? And why is he in training for it? Force ghost is just gonna stand there, isn't it?

Ren twice asking Vaders helmet to 'show me again the power of the dark side'
Is he training him in ghost form somehow?

Guaran-fucking-tee they will never reference the prequels.


you sad about that bro?

ps Vader/Anakin being in it doesnt reference the prequels at all really..
my thinking is Snoke is tricking Ren and putting stuff in his head as Palpatine did with Anakin(visions & nightmares etc) so who's to say he's not fooling him with a fake force ghost of vader?

Nah, I don't care. I'm just saying they will never acknowledge them, and including Christensen would be an acknowledgment.



I agree the prequels have a toxicity and they should never reference them, but Vader doesnt belong to the preqels, he belongs to the entire story and casts a long shadow even over this new film, they'd be insane not to use him or feature him, and ome Disney exec was heard to say Vader will appear at some point, but we all just don't know when.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Star Wars: Episode VIII (2017)
PostPosted: Sat December 19, 2015 3:07 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Sun May 25, 2014 9:32 pm
Posts: 45317
Location: Garbage Dump
dimejinky99 wrote:
LoathedVermin72 wrote:
dimejinky99 wrote:
LoathedVermin72 wrote:
dimejinky99 wrote:
The rumour that Christensen is in Ep 8 might now have some legitimacy. Given Rens obsession with Vader. But other than a flashback I can't see how it will work? And why is he in training for it? Force ghost is just gonna stand there, isn't it?

Ren twice asking Vaders helmet to 'show me again the power of the dark side'
Is he training him in ghost form somehow?

Guaran-fucking-tee they will never reference the prequels.


you sad about that bro?

ps Vader/Anakin being in it doesnt reference the prequels at all really..
my thinking is Snoke is tricking Ren and putting stuff in his head as Palpatine did with Anakin(visions & nightmares etc) so who's to say he's not fooling him with a fake force ghost of vader?

Nah, I don't care. I'm just saying they will never acknowledge them, and including Christensen would be an acknowledgment.



I agree the prequels have a toxicity and they should never reference them, but Vader doesnt belong to the preqels, he belongs to the entire story and casts a long shadow even over this new film, they'd be insane not to use him or feature him, and ome Disney exec was heard to say Vader will appear at some point, but we all just don't know when.

Not saying they won't use Vader. They just won't use Christensen.

_________________
dimejinky99 wrote:
Take that post and push it off a bridge.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Star Wars: Episode VIII (2017)
PostPosted: Sat December 19, 2015 3:08 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Sun May 25, 2014 9:32 pm
Posts: 45317
Location: Garbage Dump
Also, was that exec talking about Rogue One? Because he's definitely in that.

_________________
dimejinky99 wrote:
Take that post and push it off a bridge.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Star Wars: Episode VIII (2017)
PostPosted: Sat December 19, 2015 3:10 pm 
Offline
User avatar
what on earth am I talking about
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 12:35 am
Posts: 32665
I heard there will be no characters we know featured at all in Rogue one, but who knows


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Star Wars: Episode VIII (2017)
PostPosted: Sat December 19, 2015 3:11 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Sun May 25, 2014 9:32 pm
Posts: 45317
Location: Garbage Dump
dimejinky99 wrote:
I heard there will be no characters we know featured at all in Rogue one, but who knows

I'm pretty sure Vader has been confirmed.

_________________
dimejinky99 wrote:
Take that post and push it off a bridge.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Star Wars: Episode VIII (2017)
PostPosted: Sat December 19, 2015 3:14 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Sun May 25, 2014 9:32 pm
Posts: 45317
Location: Garbage Dump
I guess not exactly "confirmed," but a lot of outlets are reporting it based on credible rumors: http://screenrant.com/star-wars-rogue-one-darth-vader/

_________________
dimejinky99 wrote:
Take that post and push it off a bridge.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Star Wars: Episode VIII (2017)
PostPosted: Sat December 19, 2015 3:14 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The worst
 Profile

Joined: Thu December 13, 2012 6:31 pm
Posts: 34781
There is that great sequence with Vader in that rebels episode. I'd love to see more of Vader in his prime

_________________
The Sky I Scrape Gigaton Review


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Star Wars: Episode VIII (2017)
PostPosted: Sat December 19, 2015 3:35 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Guys, I am not a moderator! I swear to God! Why does everyone think I'm a moderator?
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 2:48 pm
Posts: 64986
Oh good another star wars thread

_________________
Clouuuuds Rolll byyy...BANG BANG BANG BANG


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Star Wars: Episode VIII (2017)
PostPosted: Tue December 22, 2015 4:44 pm 
Offline
User avatar
what on earth am I talking about
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 12:35 am
Posts: 32665
Casting call for episode 8

Forgot Benicio del toro is in this. Presumably a bad guy?
http://www.moviecastingcall.org/2015/12 ... roles.html


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Star Wars: Episode VIII (2017)
PostPosted: Tue December 22, 2015 4:48 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Misplaced My Sponge
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 9:52 pm
Posts: 6765
E.H. Ruddock wrote:
Oh good another star wars thread


I was thinking of making one dedicated to the Original Trilogy, and one dedicated to the Prequels. Would you hate me if I did that?


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Star Wars: Episode VIII (2017)
PostPosted: Tue December 22, 2015 4:53 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Guys, I am not a moderator! I swear to God! Why does everyone think I'm a moderator?
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 2:48 pm
Posts: 64986
darth_vedder wrote:
E.H. Ruddock wrote:
Oh good another star wars thread


I was thinking of making one dedicated to the Original Trilogy, and one dedicated to the Prequels. Would you hate me if I did that?

No, we actually need one for the prequels I think. I thought there was one for the OT but could be wrong. You just have to put Grievous in the OP.

_________________
Clouuuuds Rolll byyy...BANG BANG BANG BANG


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Star Wars: Episode VIII (2017)
PostPosted: Tue December 22, 2015 10:21 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Rated PG-13 for the power of theatre
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:33 pm
Posts: 86045
Location: Anarchist Jurisdiction
dimejinky99 wrote:
Casting call for episode 8

Forgot Benicio del toro is in this. Presumably a bad guy?
http://www.moviecastingcall.org/2015/12 ... roles.html

Interesting that Adam Driver isn't listed at the bottom. :?


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Star Wars: Episode VIII (2017)
PostPosted: Tue December 22, 2015 10:22 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The worst
 Profile

Joined: Thu December 13, 2012 6:31 pm
Posts: 34781
I heard that a few weeks ago and thought he was gonna bite it at the end of the movie

_________________
The Sky I Scrape Gigaton Review


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Star Wars: Episode VIII (2017)
PostPosted: Tue December 22, 2015 10:22 pm 
Offline
User avatar
RM Elitist
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 8:43 pm
Posts: 13682
durdencommatyler wrote:
dimejinky99 wrote:
Casting call for episode 8

Forgot Benicio del toro is in this. Presumably a bad guy?
http://www.moviecastingcall.org/2015/12 ... roles.html

Interesting that Adam Driver isn't listed at the bottom. :?



Im not all that surprised. He's probably pretty upset after the untimely and sudden passing of his father.

_________________
dimejinky99 wrote:
Hang on I check on my Grindr


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Star Wars: Episode VIII (2017)
PostPosted: Tue December 22, 2015 10:23 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Rated PG-13 for the power of theatre
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:33 pm
Posts: 86045
Location: Anarchist Jurisdiction
@SkitchP wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
dimejinky99 wrote:
Casting call for episode 8

Forgot Benicio del toro is in this. Presumably a bad guy?
http://www.moviecastingcall.org/2015/12 ... roles.html

Interesting that Adam Driver isn't listed at the bottom. :?



Im not all that surprised. He's probably pretty upset after the untimely and sudden passing of his father.

:lol:


Top
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 11984 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 600  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » Arts & Entertainment » Star Wars


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
It is currently Sat January 16, 2021 2:02 pm