25%
I miss the prequels
6%

Total votes : 69

Re: Star Wars: Episode VIII: The Last Jedi

Tue June 07, 2022 1:26 am

Tue June 07, 2022 1:32 am

Glad to see you guys coming around on TLJ. Any new appreciation for the Canto stuff? I’ve really come to love that stretch.

Tue June 07, 2022 1:52 am

tragabigzanda wrote:Glad to see you guys coming around on TLJ. Any new appreciation for the Canto stuff? I’ve really come to love that stretch.

It's in there.

Tue June 07, 2022 5:13 pm

I went back in this thread to read reviews when it first came out. A lot of people were happy with the idea of Rey's parents being nobodies.

Now how do you feel after TROS that she was a Palpatine?

Tue June 07, 2022 5:18 pm

It made no sense in the context of this saga, that she was a nobody. Nothing wrong with not having powerful parents, for all we know, Obi-Wan, Yoda etc had regular parents. Just with Rey it didn’t make sense.

Still being a Palpatine felt a bit like a twist. Clearly TFA built to something, but TLJ absolutely failed to set up the third movie. Impressive that TROS still delivered as well as it did.

Tue June 07, 2022 5:46 pm

it was a really dumb twist

Tue June 07, 2022 6:51 pm

The whole point of the Last Jedi was that anybody was capable of great things. Ben was the Skywalker in this trilogy, so it didn’t require Rey to be anybody special.

Tue June 07, 2022 7:45 pm

Both work in concert with each other. I have zero issues with her being related to Palpatine. It certainly wasn't necessary but it also makes narrative sense, so it's a totally valid and fine choice.

Tue June 07, 2022 8:27 pm

I wish she was a nobody. TLJ is still the best movie of all the new stuff.

Tue June 07, 2022 9:10 pm

Anders wrote:Still being a Palpatine felt a bit like a twist. Clearly TFA built to something, but TLJ absolutely failed to set up the third movie. Impressive that TROS still delivered as well as it did.

TLJ set up a movie that Disney threw away. Of course, it didn't set up TROS.

I really liked where they were going.

Kylo vs. Rey
Dark side vs. Light side
Legacy Power vs. Force for All

Tue June 07, 2022 9:13 pm

B wrote:
Anders wrote:Still being a Palpatine felt a bit like a twist. Clearly TFA built to something, but TLJ absolutely failed to set up the third movie. Impressive that TROS still delivered as well as it did.

Kylo vs. Rey
Dark side vs. Light side

All of that is still there in TROS.

Tue June 07, 2022 9:33 pm

B wrote:

Kylo vs. Rey
Dark side vs. Light side

Your right vs your left.

Tue June 07, 2022 9:40 pm

I've seen Rise of Skywalker three times and I'm still not really sure what it was trying to say. I remember people dying a lot and some fake outs.

Tue June 07, 2022 9:48 pm

Monkey_Driven wrote:I've seen Rise of Skywalker three times and I'm still not really sure what it was trying to say. I remember people dying a lot and some fake outs.

:lol:

Tue June 07, 2022 9:49 pm

Monkey_Driven wrote:I've seen Rise of Skywalker three times and I'm still not really sure what it was trying to say.

"We're sorry! We're SORRY!"

Tue June 07, 2022 9:50 pm

Y'all are hilarious.

Tue June 07, 2022 9:53 pm

I remember chewies death that no one believed and i remember old lando hitting on that girl at the end

Tue June 07, 2022 9:55 pm

E.H. Ruddock wrote:I remember chewies death that no one believed and i remember old lando hitting on that girl at the end

Oh, I 100% bought Chewie's death. And based on reactions in the theater both times I saw it, a lot of other people did too. And I was fucking over the moon when it was misdirect. I loved that.

Tue June 07, 2022 9:56 pm

E.H. Ruddock wrote:I remember chewies death that no one believed and i remember old lando hitting on that girl at the end

And two woman kissed in the background out of focus and some people got upset about it.

Tue June 07, 2022 9:56 pm

epilogue wrote:

Oh, I 100% bought Chewie's death. And based on reactions in the theater both times I saw it, a lot of other people did too. And I was fucking over the moon when it was misdirect. I loved that.

I don't even remember Chewie potentially dying - did this actually happen?
Post a reply