25%
I miss the prequels
6%

Total votes : 69

Re: Star Wars: Episode VIII: The Last Jedi

Wed July 11, 2018 8:59 pm

VinylGuy wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
VinylGuy wrote:All poe and fin stories are very poorly handled in the film. The worst part of the film for sure.

Poe's story line in TLJ is fantastic. I understand why people don't like Fin's story line but I disagree. I'm not gonna fight anyone about it.

Im not fighting anyone. Im saying it was vert poorly handled.

And I'm saying I disagree. But that I understand why one would say that about Fin. Not Poe. Poe's story is great.

Wed July 11, 2018 9:02 pm

durdencommatyler wrote:
VinylGuy wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
VinylGuy wrote:All poe and fin stories are very poorly handled in the film. The worst part of the film for sure.

Poe's story line in TLJ is fantastic. I understand why people don't like Fin's story line but I disagree. I'm not gonna fight anyone about it.

And I'm saying I disagree. But that I understand why one would say that about Fin. Not Poe. Poe's story is great.

Maybe its great, but it was so obviously handled in the movie. So fucking obvious it was dull. An yeah, fin at this point...why care about him? he should have sacrifice himself at the end.

Wed July 11, 2018 9:22 pm

VinylGuy wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
VinylGuy wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:

Maybe its great, but it was so obviously handled in the movie. So fucking obvious it was dull. An yeah, fin at this point...why care about him? he should have sacrifice himself at the end.

there was nothing obvious about Poe’s story

Wed July 11, 2018 9:24 pm

stip wrote:
VinylGuy wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
VinylGuy wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:

I was obvious he was mistaken with Holdo. And it was obvious that whatever happened next was in order to his ¨arc¨. All the first sequence with him and Leia is an introduction to what happens next with him in the movie.

Wed July 11, 2018 9:25 pm

and finn dying at the end would have undercut one of the major themes of the film

Wed July 11, 2018 9:25 pm

stip wrote:and finn dying at the end would have undercut one of the major themes of the film

which theme

Wed July 11, 2018 9:28 pm

VinylGuy wrote:
stip wrote:
VinylGuy wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
VinylGuy wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:

I was obvious he was mistaken with Holdo. And it was obvious that whatever happened next was in order to his ¨arc¨. All the first sequence with him and Leia is an introduction to what happens next with him in the movie.

yes, but it only becomes clear reframed after the mutiny fails. clear on a rewatch, sure

Wed July 11, 2018 9:29 pm

VinylGuy wrote:
stip wrote:and finn dying at the end would have undercut one of the major themes of the film

which theme

thats not a phone post. ill respond when i get home

Wed July 11, 2018 9:34 pm

stip wrote:
VinylGuy wrote:
stip wrote:
VinylGuy wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
VinylGuy wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:

yes, but it only becomes clear reframed after the mutiny fails. clear on a rewatch, sure

The very first minute Holdo appears and Poe is trying so hard to fuck up, and after leia told him he needed to learn things....yeah, i was fucking sure Holdo was the good girl.

Wed July 11, 2018 9:35 pm

VinylGuy wrote:
stip wrote:
VinylGuy wrote:
stip wrote:
VinylGuy wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
VinylGuy wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:

The very first minute Holdo appears and Poe is trying so hard to fuck up, and after leia told him he needed to learn things....yeah, i was fucking sure Holdo was the good girl.

Liar

Wed July 11, 2018 9:36 pm

stip wrote:
VinylGuy wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
VinylGuy wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:

Agreed.

I also don't understand this whole "Fin should have sacrificed himself..." What would that have accomplished?

Wed July 11, 2018 9:37 pm

:heartbeat:

Wed July 11, 2018 9:49 pm

VinylGuy wrote:

which theme

appeasing SJW's

Wed July 11, 2018 9:51 pm

Strat wrote:
VinylGuy wrote:
stip wrote:
VinylGuy wrote:
stip wrote:
VinylGuy wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
VinylGuy wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:

Liar

Its the truth.

Wed July 11, 2018 9:53 pm

@SkitchP wrote:
VinylGuy wrote:

which theme

appeasing SJW's

edzeppe, I swear to god...

Wed July 11, 2018 9:57 pm

i laughed

Wed July 11, 2018 9:57 pm

smiled, anyway

Wed July 11, 2018 9:59 pm

stip wrote:smiled, anyway