14%
Ehhh
25%
I miss the prequels
6%

Total votes : 69

Re: Star Wars: Episode VIII: The Last Jedi

Sat July 07, 2018 3:17 pm

THat wasn’t a dig at you VG just the nature of this reporting and click bait culture.

Ps they haven’t started filming yet.

Sat July 07, 2018 3:18 pm

i knowwww

yeah i put onboard because thats what i read. Now everyone is saying its early talks but being that she and JJ are pals, i think its a go.

Sat July 07, 2018 3:21 pm

There’s scattershot theories but the casting for that role said heavy action sequences or something. So it naturally has people saying reys mother. Could be flashback to her being attacked or something. She could be Snokes other apprentice or even a knight of ren.
Could be anything. Something totally new.

LFL should start sharing details and drop the secrecy for this one and get people engaged.

Sat July 07, 2018 3:24 pm

dimejinky99 wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:I'm just now hearing about all of this. How many people are already speculating that she's playing Rey's mom? Like... is it everybody yet?

Everybody.

Except us over here that are sure she’s gonna be Ahsoka.

:lol:

Sat July 07, 2018 3:26 pm

dimejinky99 wrote:There’s scattershot theories but the casting for that role said heavy action sequences or something. So it naturally has people saying reys mother. Could be flashback to her being attacked or something. She could be Snokes other apprentice or even a knight of ren.

LFL should start sharing details and drop the secrecy for this one and get people engaged.

I'm sure she's a new character, probably a Resistance fighter. But if we're gonna start wildly speculating, I'm ALL ABOUT her being another Snoke apprentice or a Knight of Ren. That would be SO badass.

Sat July 07, 2018 3:28 pm

durdencommatyler wrote:
dimejinky99 wrote:There’s scattershot theories but the casting for that role said heavy action sequences or something. So it naturally has people saying reys mother. Could be flashback to her being attacked or something. She could be Snokes other apprentice or even a knight of ren.

I'm sure she's a new character, probably a Resistance fighter. But if we're gonna start wildly speculating, I'm ALL ABOUT her being another Snoke apprentice or a Knight of Ren. That would be SO badass.

Bear in mind. They planted the seed that Snoke had several apprentices. So she could be one of them. Or

Ahsoka

Sat July 07, 2018 3:39 pm

2% chance she's Ahsoka. But yeah I know Snoke had other apprentices. It's entirely possible that she could be one. Though, I wonder how much JJ wants to get into all of that. I feel like this movie is going to be far more safer and straight-forward, more akin to TFA. I don't think there will be huge deep canon references or anything like that.

I could see him bringing back his Knights of Ren though. Big time. Seems like something he'd be interested in exploring more.

Sat July 07, 2018 3:41 pm

i hope jj gets to tell us more about the knights of ren. He was clearly interested with them and basically rian shut them off.
Kylo needs them.

Sat July 07, 2018 3:44 pm

VinylGuy wrote:i hope jj gets to tell us more about the knights of ren. He was clearly interested with them and basically rian shut them off.
Kylo needs them.

I don't think Rian shut them off. Keep in mind that TLJ takes place like an hour after TFA. And it doesn't span more than three days. Plus, The Knights of Ren are mentioned in TLJ. They aren't totally forgotten and discarded. This story just didn't have room for them. We don't know where they are or what they're doing. And I think Rian made the right decision, given the time frame of the film, not trying to shove them into an already over-crowded story that takes place over shut a truncated period of time.

Sat July 07, 2018 4:17 pm

What are the chances this final film is split into two? A la avengers / Harry Potter?

Bullshit rumour that he wants to tie all three trilogies together. Could it happen over two films?

Sat July 07, 2018 4:18 pm

dimejinky99 wrote:What are the chances this final film is split into two? A la avengers / Harry Potter?

Bullshit rumour that he wants to tie all three trilogies together. Could it happen over two films?

I'd set the over/under on it being split into two films at about 1%. And I'd take the under.

Sat July 07, 2018 4:32 pm

I’d be against it personally. But money joe. Money.

Sat July 07, 2018 4:33 pm

dimejinky99 wrote:I’d be against it personally. But money joe. Money.

Money isn't something they have to worry about. And it's already serialized. These are episodes. Doing Episode 9, Part 1 and Episode 9, Part 2 doesn't make any sense.

Sat July 07, 2018 4:38 pm

ILl refer you to Harry Potter finale. It was one book. Look what happened.

To your earlier query. This sums up fandom right now.

Sat July 07, 2018 4:39 pm

dimejinky99 wrote:ILl refer you to Harry Potter finale. It was one book. Look what happened.

That's not comparable, though.

Sat July 07, 2018 4:41 pm

durdencommatyler wrote:
dimejinky99 wrote:ILl refer you to Harry Potter finale. It was one book. Look what happened.

They could just make it episode ten

STOP GETTING IN THE WAY OF MY OCD JOE!!! IT HAS TO BE TEN!

Sat July 07, 2018 4:42 pm

dimejinky99 wrote:

I love Jennifer Landa so much.

Sat July 07, 2018 4:42 pm

dimejinky99 wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:

They could just make it episode ten

STOP GETTING IN THE WAY OF MY OCD JOE!!! IT HAS TO BE TEN!

:lol:

Sat July 07, 2018 7:03 pm

Now imaging getting Early pj titles as story possibilities.

Brother
Daughter
Alone
Betterman

Please continue

Sun July 08, 2018 8:25 pm

dimejinky99 wrote:Cool

Finally got around to looking at this. Just fucking brilliant. You can hate this movie as much as you want but do not tell me than Rian Johnson isn't a good filmmaker. Do not tell me that he didn't know what he was doing. This dude thought through everything. Just fantastic.
Post a reply