I miss the prequels
6%

Total votes : 69

Re: Star Wars: Episode VIII: The Last Jedi

Mon June 11, 2018 12:48 pm

This thread doesn't feel right without Balki

Tue June 12, 2018 7:57 pm

This will probably just pour fuel on the fire but Ridley boyega has come out swinging against the Toxic alt right assholes who ran Kelly Marie off Instagram. One of a few tweets.

Wed June 13, 2018 7:44 pm

Watching this for the first time in ages.

So many new questions. Is he angry with Obi wan? Is that part of why he cut himself off?

Wed June 13, 2018 8:56 pm

probably not personally, but he's clearly lost faith in Obi Wan (and the Jedi, really, with obi wan being embelmatic of that) as teachers. He trained Anakin, who became Darth Vader, and Luke trained Ben, who was in the process of becoming a Darth Vader

Wed June 13, 2018 9:14 pm

stip wrote:probably not personally, but he's clearly lost faith in Obi Wan (and the Jedi, really, with obi wan being embelmatic of that) as teachers. He trained Anakin, who became Darth Vader, and Luke trained Ben, who was in the process of becoming a Darth Vader

It’s a question that occurred to me when he sees the hologram of Leia her last words are ‘help me Obi wan Kenobi you’re my only hope’
It cuts to him looking defeated and head down, but then immediately cuts to him standing over Rey and telling her 3 lessons. I will show you why the Jedi must end.

It’s all very direct and intentional or something.

It’s not all Obi wans fault. We know that. But does Luke from his perspective?

Wed June 13, 2018 9:15 pm

I am glad she harass, please lets more harass

Thu June 14, 2018 8:20 am

LV is making thinking with his mind brain

Thu June 14, 2018 6:30 pm

quite enjoyed this

Thu June 14, 2018 6:31 pm

you want me to fix that link for you?

Thu June 14, 2018 6:33 pm

How the fuck does a mod not know how to post a YouTube video

Thu June 14, 2018 8:01 pm

mysteries abound

Fri June 15, 2018 12:50 am

LoathedVermin72 wrote:How the fuck does a mod not know how to post a YouTube video

He's been on an island shunning his training.

Fri June 15, 2018 10:50 am

It was the third lesson

Fri June 15, 2018 11:00 am

Doubt they’ll get that reference

Fri June 15, 2018 1:32 pm

stip wrote:It was the third lesson

AL

Sat June 16, 2018 7:37 am

I’m not going to see Solo cos I hated the last Jedi it was artless and bad movie poo poo and it’s cos I’m somehow unaware it’s a totally different film with no relationship to it and a different director but waaaaahhh

I want to go to Galway and find this guy and punch him

https://www.facebook.com/75512800117339 ... 701684946/

Sat June 16, 2018 8:52 am

dimejinky99 wrote:I’m not going to see Solo cos I hated the last Jedi it was artless and bad movie poo poo and it’s cos I’m somehow unaware it’s a totally different film with no relationship to it and a different director but waaaaahhh

I want to go to Galway and find this guy and punch him

https://www.facebook.com/75512800117339 ... 701684946/

Kick him in the balls for me too, thanks Dime. What a twat.

Sat June 16, 2018 10:26 am

I doubt anyone could write a negative article about The Last Jedi and get your support Dime. Maybe one day you will see the light. ;)

Sat June 16, 2018 10:29 am

Anders wrote:I doubt anyone could write a negative article about The Last Jedi and get your support Dime. Maybe one day you will see the light. ;)

NEVER!

Sat June 16, 2018 1:29 pm

Anders wrote:I doubt anyone could write a negative article about The Last Jedi and get your support Dime. Maybe one day you will see the light. ;)

that may be true but that was a garbage article that made the mistake most (but not all) TLJ criticism is guilty of - conflating a dissatisfaction with the direction the film went (legit) with a lack of direction (patently false). two examples in that article - dropping rey’s parents identity (which it didn’t - it just took it in a direction no one anticipated) or not exploring snoke’s identity (which TFA never set up as a major plot point - much like the OT never explained the identity of the Emperor. he was a background presence important primarily as a pivot point for your main pro/amtagonists to define their own relationship
Post a reply