The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » Arts & Entertainment » Star Wars

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 12115 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 248, 249, 250, 251, 252, 253, 254 ... 606  Next

Well?
Loved it - among the best Star Wars Movie 36%  36%  [ 25 ]
Really liked it, but not one of the best 19%  19%  [ 13 ]
Liked it - it's Star Wars 14%  14%  [ 10 ]
Ehhh 25%  25%  [ 17 ]
I miss the prequels 6%  6%  [ 4 ]
Total votes : 69
 Post subject: Re: Star Wars: Episode VIII: The Last Jedi (2017)
PostPosted: Thu August 10, 2017 1:53 pm 
Guys, I am not a moderator! I swear to God! Why does everyone think I'm a moderator?

On Snoke:

Johnson says The Last Jedi will reveal more about Snoke and his goals, but his history will remain somewhat murky.

So either he isn't someone from the known SW past or we just won't find out.

PostPosted: Thu August 10, 2017 2:39 pm 
what on earth am I talking about

E.H. Ruddock wrote:
On Snoke:

Johnson says The Last Jedi will reveal more about Snoke and his goals, but his history will remain somewhat murky.

It says a lot about the internet age. Imagine the same constant shitstorm of bullshit theories about Yoda and who he is and his backstory. We know NOTHING about Yoda and that is what makes him fantastic

I'm all for just exploring and being told snokes mission and motivations. I don't need to know anything else. Its demystifying and robbing the character of his allure if you do that.

PostPosted: Thu August 10, 2017 2:42 pm 
The Master

dimejinky99 wrote:
E.H. Ruddock wrote:
On Snoke:

It says a lot about the internet age. Imagine the same constant shitstorm of bullshit theories about Yoda and who he is and his backstory. We know NOTHING about Yoda and that is what makes him fantastic

I'm all for just exploring and being told snokes mission and motivations. I don't need to know anything else. Its demystifying and robbing the character of his allure if you do that.

Third anthology movie confirmed: It's all about Snoke baby!

PostPosted: Thu August 10, 2017 2:43 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

Snoke has a baby with Jyn?

PostPosted: Thu August 10, 2017 2:44 pm 
The Master

bune wrote:
Snoke has a baby with Jyn?

Rey is not in this.

PostPosted: Thu August 10, 2017 2:47 pm 

I think I figured it out finally. The thing I hate most about Star Wars the chosen one / prophesy thing.
It's not even in the OT. Just something added to the prequels with no thought or plan or real meaning given to it. And all we're told is it relates to the one who brings balance to the force.

How can ten thousand Jedi be here and two sith on the other side be balance?
How does the chosen one restore balance?

It's just such a poor murky unnecessary thing stuck in without any purpose. If only George had thought this out more and paid as much attention to the story of it as he did all the cgi stuff

I really really hope they're not bringing it back in this trilogy. And I hope Mark just meant Ben solo was Luke's Chosen one. Not meaning anything to do with any prophesy.

That said I'm scared they're bringing it back though.

PostPosted: Thu August 10, 2017 3:04 pm 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

dimejinky99 wrote:
E.H. Ruddock wrote:
On Snoke:

Goddamnit, you're sexy when you talk Snoke to me.

PostPosted: Thu August 10, 2017 3:07 pm 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

dimejinky99 wrote:
I think I figured it out finally. The thing I hate most about Star Wars the chosen one / prophesy thing.
It's not even in the OT. Just something added to the prequels with no thought or plan or real meaning given to it. And all we're told is it relates to the one who brings balance to the force.

It's just such a poor murky unnecessary thing stuck in without any purpose. If only George had thought this out more and paid as much attention to the story of it as he did all the cgi stuff

I really really hope they're not bringing it back in this trilogy. And I hope Mark just meant Ben solo was Luke's Chosen one. Not meaning anything to do with any prophesy.

I'd be okay with bringing it back as a way of fixing/clarifying the whole thing. But that's it.

PostPosted: Thu August 10, 2017 3:14 pm 

durdencommatyler wrote:
dimejinky99 wrote:

I'd be okay with bringing it back as a way of fixing/clarifying the whole thing. But that's it.

We do hear balance mentioned in the trailer.
It could be that there's a chosen one for each age. Anakin for his time. Luke for his. Rey for hers.

Those articles reveal a lot.

Perhaps Snoke was in bens ear telling him he was the chosen one for this time and stroking his ego to ensnare him. Then he turns on luke. But then it's revealed there's a girl out there and the prophesy actually refers to her?

Or perhaps they'll bring it back in relation to luke. He's no longer representive of light or darkness but somewhere in the balance?

I rrrreeeeaaally hope they don't bring the prophesy bullshit into this. I have a feeling they are though.

Hopefully Marks comment that Ben is Luke's chosen one just relates to him being his main hope for reestablishing the Jedi. Not meaning it in relation to the goddamn prophesy nonsense

PostPosted: Thu August 10, 2017 3:16 pm 
Guys, I am not a moderator! I swear to God! Why does everyone think I'm a moderator?

I'm actually with dime on this. I never understood the whole "shitload of Jedi, but two Sith" thing.

PostPosted: Thu August 10, 2017 3:20 pm 

E.H. Ruddock wrote:
I'm actually with dime on this. I never understood the whole "shitload of Jedi, but two Sith" thing.

Well it's actually good to know I'm not alone on that. It just makes no sense. At all.

Apparently the sith were aware of the same prophesy but took it and interpreted it to mean it would be for them.

Anakin falling to the dark was an interesting enough arc. Adding a prophesy to it in order to try make it more profound or whatever was just ridiculous

PostPosted: Thu August 10, 2017 3:21 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

Well wasn't the two Sith an EU thing originally?

PostPosted: Thu August 10, 2017 3:30 pm 

bune wrote:
Well wasn't the two Sith an EU thing originally?

Well yeah but it was made canon in the films.

There were thousands of sith at one point and I think darth revan instituted the rule of two.

PostPosted: Thu August 10, 2017 3:38 pm 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

E.H. Ruddock wrote:

The prophecy is absurd. Sure there are ways around it. Like, Anakin DOES bring balance by wiping out the Jedi and all of that.

But, again, just like midichlorians, I've always liked the idea that the prophecy is just something the Jedi misunderstand. That it is irrelevant and one of the things they were wrong about. They put all this time and focus and energy into something that was nonsense or that they didn't fully understand. It under scores their failings as an Order. I like that take.

So if TLJ is going to explore that idea. Or if it's going to expand and basically re-explain or retcon the prophecy into something logical and meaningful, then I'm all for it. If it's just going to further muddy the waters and create even more confusion, then I hope they just don't bother. Either ignore it all together or use this opportunity to fix the thing.

PostPosted: Thu August 10, 2017 3:40 pm 
The Master

durdencommatyler wrote:
E.H. Ruddock wrote:

The prophecy is absurd. Sure there are ways around it. Like, Anakin DOES bring balance by wiping out the Jedi and all of that.

But, again, just like midichlorians, I've always liked the idea that the prophecy is just something the Jedi misunderstand. That it is irrelevant and one of the things they were wrong about. They put all this time and focus and energy into something that was nonsense or that they didn't fully understand. It under scores their failings as an Order. I like that take.

So if TLJ is going to explore that idea. Or if it's going to expand and basically re-explain or retcon the prophecy into something logical and meaningful, then I'm all for it. If it's just going to further muddy the waters and create even more confusion, then I hope they just don't bother. Either ignore it all together or use this opportunity to fix the thing.

*crosses fingers

PostPosted: Thu August 10, 2017 3:42 pm 
NYUCK NYUCK NYUCK

The absurdity of this makes up for how bland the creature designs in TFA were

PostPosted: Thu August 10, 2017 3:50 pm 

theplatypus wrote:

The absurdity of this makes up for how bland the creature designs in TFA were

They weren't bland at all. You just didn't see much of any new creatures on screen.
The creatures designed for maz's bar were all brilliant.

PostPosted: Thu August 10, 2017 4:04 pm 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

I don't want to get too "sweaty" about all this but I do think it's interesting that they're creating new creatures (Porgs) which are essentially birds that are drawn to Ach-To because of it's connection to the Force. Why not just use the Convor? Seems like a great chance to tie those things together in a way that will excite the folks that explore the entire canon while introducing them without any confusion or shoehorning to movie-only fans.

These Lizard-Nuns are awesome, though. I LOVE those designs and their concept (at least as much as we've been given so far). Though, I'm gonna miss speculating and wishing against hope that Ahsoka will be one of the caretakers on the island. Oh well. It was fun while it lasted.

PostPosted: Thu August 10, 2017 4:07 pm 
NYUCK NYUCK NYUCK

It looks like they have breasts

PostPosted: Thu August 10, 2017 4:11 pm 

durdencommatyler wrote:
I don't want to get too "sweaty" about all this but I do think it's interesting that they're creating new creatures (Porgs) which are essentially birds that are drawn to Ach-To because of it's connection to the Force. Why not just use the Convor? Seems like a great chance to tie those things together in a way that will excite the folks that explore the entire canon while introducing them without any confusion or shoehorning to movie-only fans.

These Lizard-Nuns are awesome, though. I LOVE those designs and their concept (at least as much as we've been given so far). Though, I'm gonna miss speculating and wishing against hope that Ahsoka will be one of the caretakers on the island. Oh well. It was fun while it lasted.

They're very Skekses/dark crystal. Very Henson

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 12115 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 248, 249, 250, 251, 252, 253, 254 ... 606  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » Arts & Entertainment » Star Wars