The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » Arts & Entertainment » Star Wars

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5530 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 219, 220, 221, 222, 223, 224, 225 ... 277  Next

Which was better:
Rogue One 61%  61%  [ 36 ]
The Force Awakens 17%  17%  [ 10 ]
Equally Good 19%  19%  [ 11 ]
Haven't Seen Both 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Both Suck 3%  3%  [ 2 ]
Total votes : 59
 Post subject: Re: Rogue One: A Star Wars Story
PostPosted: Fri January 06, 2017 10:54 pm 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

Just listened to the first Collider Jedi Council episode of 2017. Obviously, they talk a lot about the passing of Carrie Fisher. And that's all very honest and moving. Kudos to them for taking the time to do that.

But godDAMN, I see things so differently than those guys. If I have to listen to John Campia complain about no crawl one more fucking time, I'm gonna lose it. He's wrong. The movie did need it. It's a great movie without the crawl. There is no crawl. You're wrong, John. It wasn't a mistake and you need to shut up and move the fuck on. THAT fucking guy!

Also, Perry... I hate to break it to you. But no, actually, one DOESN'T need to read Catalyst before seeing Rogue One in order to understand it! I get that it expands your knowledge. But the movie doesn't fail if you don't read it. And this goes out to Mr. Campia, too. Guys... it all makes sense. You don't need a crawl to explain Orson and Galen's relationship. I don't need to read a book to get it. It's actually all in the fucking movie!

PostPosted: Fri January 06, 2017 11:17 pm 
what on earth am I talking about

durdencommatyler wrote:
Just listened to the first Collider Jedi Council episode of 2017. Obviously, they talk a lot about the passing of Carrie Fisher. And that's all very honest and moving. Kudos to them for taking the time to do that.

But godDAMN, I see things so differently than those guys. If I have to listen to John Campia complain about no crawl one more fucking time, I'm gonna lose it. He's wrong. The movie did need it. It's a great movie without the crawl. There is no crawl. You're wrong, John. It wasn't a mistake and you need to shut up and move the fuck on. THAT fucking guy!

Also, Perry... I hate to break it to you. But no, actually, one DOESN'T need to read Catalyst before seeing Rogue One in order to understand it! I get that it expands your knowledge. But the movie doesn't fail if you don't read it. And this goes out to Mr. Campia, too. Guys... it all makes sense. You don't need a crawl to explain Orson and Galen's relationship. I don't need to read a book to get it. It's actually all in the fucking movie!

They really need to find their roots again. But that's not their goal. They want to be a loudmouth geekmedia empire. That's the goal.

And they'll do and say anything to get there.
It's a shame. They used to be good. Now they're ridiculous.

Had a twitter exchange with campea over Christmas. He said let's all be kinder and he better. I said how about stop spoiling films for people hasn't seen them yet. He said he never did that. I pointed out his video with clips included of trailer stuff from R1 that he posted before the film was out. He said it's false advertising and he has a right to let people know.

I can only gather he wanted to annoy lucasfilm and not be invited to the premiere for episode 8 l. That or he's just a loudmouth Fuck who needs an audience.

PostPosted: Fri January 06, 2017 11:30 pm 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

You hit the nail on the head, my friend. They are trying to be as accessible and mainstream as possible. And they've abandoned their core values for exposure and popularity. And that sucks. Because, you're right, they used to be so entertaining and fun.

And as far as Campia goes... he's always rubbed me the wrong way. Out of all their contributors, he's the worst. And his insistence on "false advertising" is such total bullshit. They talked a lot about that on CJC, too. Harloff didn't really speak up about it, which leads me to believe he disagrees but Campia especially and the others (Perry) did talk a lot about it. And I just couldn't disagree more.

I was bummed that we didn't get some of the stuff in that first trailer (and that tie-fighter on the tower thing from subsequent ads), yes, I get it. But to act like most people give a shit is absurd. My wife watched every trailer with me and she didn't even notice any of that stuff. The people that notice and care are the people that watched those trailers over and over and those who make a career out of predicting content. Campia is pissed because he was wrong. And he's on the record being wrong. He's a small man with dumb, ill informed opinions who thinks he's a bigger deal than he is because he has his own fucking YouTube channel.

PostPosted: Fri January 06, 2017 11:35 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

Quote:
He's a small man with dumb, ill informed opinions who thinks he's a bigger deal than he is because he has his own fucking YouTube channel.
You just described most of youtube my man.

PostPosted: Fri January 06, 2017 11:52 pm 

When you have an audience you have a responsibility. Campea thinks he's doing that. He's actually not he just wants clicks. He's the head guy at collider.

I do wonder and realise how easy it would be to lose the run of yourself when you have an audience.

They managed to do that in less than a year.

That's some feat.

PostPosted: Sat January 07, 2017 12:07 am 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

I think it's no small coincidence that Colilder's shows got worse when Campea became a regular panelist.

It's one thing to be in charge, but he made the property worse by insisting on being a more active part of all the shows.

But, yeah, I get what you're saying. But it's part of that backward thinking I was talking about earlier. I see it time and time again and it drives me crazy. "I want to be a big deal." Then the thing you do, and do well, starts to get noticed. "Let's change what we do to be a bigger deal!" It's so fucking stupid. We liked your product before you "fixed" it, Campea.

PostPosted: Sat January 07, 2017 12:09 am 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

Like, I'm actually thinking of starting a YouTube channel myself. The channel would literally be just a critique/response to the dipshits at Collider Movie Talk; specifically John Goddamn Campea.

PostPosted: Sat January 07, 2017 12:13 am 

durdencommatyler wrote:
Like, I'm actually thinking of starting a YouTube channel myself. The channel would literally be just a critique/response to the dipshits at Collider Movie Talk; specifically John Goddamn Campea.

Don't do that. Please. Leave him to it.

I wish to every god there might be I could ignore him and them and I still watch.
He's the Katie Hopkins of geek. Saying shit just to rile everyone up.
Literally feeds on response. Just ignore him.

That's to me and you.

PostPosted: Sat January 07, 2017 12:14 am 
The worst

While I ended up really liking rogue 1, I did not feel the need to obsessively track down every commentary on it like TFA. That may be because I have rebels and clone wars to scratch that itch

I Am No Guide - Pearl Jam Song by Song - Coming this July!
He/Him/His

PostPosted: Sat January 07, 2017 12:15 am 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

dimejinky99 wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:

Don't do that. Please. Leave him to it.

I wish to every god there might be I could ignore him and them and I still watch.
He's the Katie Hopkins of geek. Saying shit just to rile everyone up.
Literally feeds on response. Just ignore him.

That's to me and you.

No, of course. You're right. I'll never actually do it. Because it's not worth it. I can always just turn off/tune out. But it is a funny idea, I think. I'd love to see his stupid face if someone did do a show like that though. It would be hilarious. But, yeah, I have better things to do with my time.

Ultimately, Collider is easy to ignore. I tune in when I want. I take what I want from it and I move on. People have different views/opinions/ideas/tastes and that's totally fine. Mine isn't better than his or vice versa. There's room for all of us. But sometimes you just have to vent, y'know?

PostPosted: Sat January 07, 2017 12:16 am 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

stip wrote:
While I ended up really liking rogue 1, I did not feel the need to obsessively track down every commentary on it like TFA. That may be because I have rebels and clone wars to scratch that itch

Or maybe it's because, unlike TFA, the movie itself, was enough? :shock:

Spoiler: show
Of course I'm just pulling your leg.

PostPosted: Sat January 07, 2017 12:36 am 

durdencommatyler wrote:
stip wrote:

Or maybe it's because, unlike TFA, the movie itself, was enough? :shock:

Spoiler: show
Of course I'm just pulling your leg.

I'm gonna watch rogue one again later. Made peace with the fact I don't love it. I might. Down the road. It's a bit cold right now for me. And probably stip.

Right now I can't even blame the music. We'll get past that.

PostPosted: Sat January 07, 2017 12:37 am 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

And even if you don't, that's okay.

PostPosted: Sat January 07, 2017 12:54 am 

I'm fine with it.

If I don't like 8 I'll be distraught. But I know I will.

Joey when are we renaming this board a cool Star Wars name.

We haven't spoken about or cared pearl jam in two years

PostPosted: Sat January 07, 2017 12:58 am 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

dimejinky99 wrote:
I'm fine with it.

You're not wrong. What if we call it "Harloff Minor"? :twisted:

PostPosted: Sat January 07, 2017 12:59 am 

durdencommatyler wrote:
dimejinky99 wrote:
I'm fine with it.

You're not wrong. What if we call it "Harloff Minor"? :twisted:

Please don't.

Ps. Go to the canon books thread shortly.

PostPosted: Sun January 08, 2017 9:18 pm 

Star Wars on the Muppet show :)

PostPosted: Sun January 08, 2017 9:18 pm 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

I'd like to go on record and say that I think Rogue One -> A New Hope -> The Empire Strikes Back is the best/ultimate Star Wars trilogy, so far.

PostPosted: Sun January 08, 2017 9:23 pm 
The worst

in terms of 3 movies in a row?

I Am No Guide - Pearl Jam Song by Song - Coming this July!
He/Him/His

PostPosted: Sun January 08, 2017 9:27 pm 

durdencommatyler wrote:
I'd like to go on record and say that I think Rogue One -> A New Hope -> The Empire Strikes Back is the best/ultimate Star Wars trilogy, so far.

Ooohhh that's a new thought

I like it

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5530 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 219, 220, 221, 222, 223, 224, 225 ... 277  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » Arts & Entertainment » Star Wars