17%
As good as some of the prequels
9%
As good as all of the prequels
2%
Worse than the prequels
5%

Total votes : 87

Re: Star Wars: Episode VII: The Force Awakens (2015)

Sun January 14, 2018 4:31 pm

I wanna watch TFA and TLJ back to back.

TLJ is out March 27. Someone let LV know it’s on 4K too.

700!!! Woohoo!!!

Sun January 14, 2018 4:32 pm

Want both on 4k.

Sun January 14, 2018 4:36 pm

I think my tv is only 1080 x 720. Buying a Blu ray player would be pointless coz of the resolution so with the result I miss out on all the cool extras that come with Star Wars releases. Sad face

Sun January 14, 2018 4:40 pm

That is a shame, saw that TLJ will have two hours of extras, and that TFA is also being released in 4k.

Sun January 14, 2018 4:49 pm

Anders wrote:That is a shame, saw that TLJ will have two hours of extras, and that TFA is also being released in 4k.

It’s bullshit though. Different outlets in the us get different content. So the target edition will have different stuff than the Best Buy edition and vice versa.

Total bullshit

You could only get the commentary with JJ for TFA if you bought the 3D release!
Who even has a 3D tv???????

Pisses me off

Sun January 14, 2018 4:51 pm

That’s strange. Never heard of that before. I am sure they will include everything in the 4k releases.

Sun January 14, 2018 4:54 pm

Anders wrote:That’s strange. Never heard of that before. I am sure they will include everything in the 4k releases.

Yep. But there’s multiple different versions for different retailers. Think even amazon has one specific to them with different content. It’s frustrating

Mon January 15, 2018 4:39 pm

Do we know if the 4K release will also be a Blu Ray combo? I see 4K/Blu Ray combos all the time. I don't any equipment that will accommodate 4K (TV nor player) yet but I will someday. I'll totally buy the 4K for future viewing if it comes with a Blu Ray disc I can watch right now.

Mon January 15, 2018 4:49 pm

does a 4k release require a special TV or anything to watch?

Mon January 15, 2018 4:56 pm

stip wrote:does a 4k release require a special TV or anything to watch?

Yeah, you need a compatible player/TV.

Mon January 15, 2018 5:05 pm

stip wrote:does a 4k release require a special TV or anything to watch?

A 4k TV.

Mon January 15, 2018 5:07 pm

Nearly all tvs sold here now are 4k tvs.

Mon January 15, 2018 5:08 pm

Sure. But who has the money to just go buy a new TV? I had a tube TV until about three years ago. And the only reason I moved on from that tube TV to a new one is because my Mom bought me a new one as a gift because it was on a super clearance sale. Until this TV I'm using now poops out on me, I can't imagine buying a new one.

Mon January 15, 2018 5:15 pm

I swapped a year ago, had a hd tv from 2009 before. Really happy that the first thing I see when I turn on the tv now is Netflix, HBO and Viaplay. So easy, and fantastic quality picture. Worth a bit to me, but I fully understand the financial aspect. We can’t all prioritize everything.
Last edited by Anders on Mon January 15, 2018 5:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mon January 15, 2018 5:39 pm

Anders wrote:I swapped a year ago, had a hd tv from 2009 before. Really happy that the first thing I see when I turn on the tv now is Netflix, HBO and Viaplay. So easy, and famtastic quality picture. Worth a bit to me, but I fully understand the financial aspect. We can’t all prioritize everything.

Someday I'll be able to afford the set up I want. I'm looking forward to it. Having a legit home-theater is a goal of mine, for sure.

Mon January 15, 2018 5:42 pm

durdencommatyler wrote:
Anders wrote:I swapped a year ago, had a hd tv from 2009 before. Really happy that the first thing I see when I turn on the tv now is Netflix, HBO and Viaplay. So easy, and famtastic quality picture. Worth a bit to me, but I fully understand the financial aspect. We can’t all prioritize everything.

Someday I'll be able to afford the set up I want. I'm looking forward to it. Having a legit home-theater is a goal of mine, for sure.

Absolutely. First expensive thing I ever bought was a stereo set up in 2000. Still have it today, providing the sound for my tv. Good luck!

Mon January 15, 2018 5:52 pm

Anders wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:

Absolutely. First expensive thing I ever bought was a stereo set up in 2000. Still have it today, providing the sound for my tv. Good luck!

:nice:

I had to get a decent turntable setup. Now that I've got that, I'm saving for a TV set up.

Mon January 15, 2018 6:16 pm

Can someone say something about Leia and Han as parents? That didn’t work out well.

Mon January 15, 2018 6:20 pm

Like I mentioned a few pages back... Leia's line to Han: "Luke's a Jedi. You're his father." Is brutal. What a great line.

Mon January 15, 2018 6:32 pm

durdencommatyler wrote:Like I mentioned a few pages back... Leia's line to Han: "Luke's a Jedi. You're his father." Is brutal. What a great line.

Yes. :thumbsup:

I feel like she has to share an equal burden and amount of blame, but she might agree.
Post a reply