The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » Arts & Entertainment » Star Wars

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 14253 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 713  Next

So what did you think (DcT edition)?
Best of all the films 10%  10%  [ 9 ]
Better than A New Hope, Empire, the prequels, But not Jedi 2%  2%  [ 2 ]
Better than A New Hope, Jedi, the prequels, but not Empire 7%  7%  [ 6 ]
Better than Empire, Jedi, the Prequels, but not A New Hope 2%  2%  [ 2 ]
Better than A New Hope and the prequels, but not Empire or Jedi 2%  2%  [ 2 ]
Better than Empire and the prequels, but not A New Hope or Jedi 1%  1%  [ 1 ]
Better than Jedi and the prequels, but not a New Hope or Empire 25%  25%  [ 22 ]
As good as Empire, Jedi, and A New Hope, and better than the prequels 16%  16%  [ 14 ]
Better than the prequels, but not the originals 17%  17%  [ 15 ]
As good as some of the prequels 9%  9%  [ 8 ]
As good as all of the prequels 2%  2%  [ 2 ]
Worse than the prequels 5%  5%  [ 4 ]
Total votes : 87
 Post subject: Re: Disney buys Lucasfilm. Episode VII coming in 2015.
PostPosted: Wed March 06, 2013 8:18 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

At this point, it's going to take rumors that every scene not featuring original cast members is made up exclusively of full-on penetration to reignite my optimism.

Well, maybe Billy Dee Williams could still be involved.

PostPosted: Wed March 06, 2013 8:19 pm 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

turned2black wrote:
Star Wars is back to being dead to me.

I'm kinda the opposite. It's been dead to me for 15 years. I finally, kinda, almost, want to give a shit again.

PostPosted: Wed March 06, 2013 8:21 pm 
The Master

durdencommatyler wrote:
turned2black wrote:
Star Wars is back to being dead to me.

I'm kinda the opposite. It's been dead to me for 15 years. I finally, kinda, almost, want to give a shit again.

yea im excited about it. I like Abrams. Mostly, I will enjoy watching it no matter what. The question is where it will ultimately fall within the Star Wars universe. Will it be a complete abortion like the prequels? will it surpass the originals? Will it add to the story?

Yea.

PostPosted: Fri March 08, 2013 9:57 am 
what on earth am I talking about

I think I trust their choices with regards to director and writers, the difficulty will be with Disney execs dragging their efforts back to the middle and making everything safe and family friendly. I can see everyone involved in the actual writing and production having huuge difficulties in this regard.
If it had the best story in the world we probably wouldn't care about CG but I hate it too, it looks sterile and dates terribly.

PostPosted: Fri March 08, 2013 3:03 pm 
Misplaced My Sponge

After trying that "machete" version of the saga, I don't hate the prequels as much. Pretending EP1 never happened really improves things. Also, going from 3 to 6 really made me like 3 more. Luke and Anakin essentially go through the same thing, but Luke chooses a different road.

For the new ones, I really hope if they bring back Carrie, Mark, and Harrison, that they bring back Billy Dee too. Nothing wrong with more Lando.

PostPosted: Fri March 08, 2013 3:05 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

dimejinky99 wrote:
I think I trust their choices with regards to director and writers, the difficulty will be with Disney execs dragging their efforts back to the middle and making everything safe and family friendly. I can see everyone involved in the actual writing and production having huuge difficulties in this regard.
If it had the best story in the world we probably wouldn't care about CG but I hate it too, it looks sterile and dates terribly.

Well, apparently they felt that the Clone Wars cartoon, which has had several story arcs that I liked more than any of the prequels (my son is a fan of the show), was too dark for their tastes. It's on the chopping block in spite of pulling decent numbers and big download purchases.

Disneyfication.

PostPosted: Fri March 08, 2013 3:23 pm 
Guys, I am not a moderator! I swear to God! Why does everyone think I'm a moderator?

Quote:
February 28, 2013 - A couple of sources close to those in the know about the direction Disney will allow the Star Wars franchise to go say that the Ewoks and the Gungan (Jar Jar Binks' species) will play prominent roles. Something along the lines of the Gungan people being persecuted and exiled from their lifelong home on Naboo, they will wind up on the forest moon of Endor (home of the Ewoks) as refugees in need of a home. Not much more was said other than not to worry, that will be just a sub-plot in the always action packed "Jedi v. Dark Side" main story line.

PostPosted: Fri March 08, 2013 3:41 pm 
Guys, I am not a moderator! I swear to God! Why does everyone think I'm a moderator?

This might have already been posted, sorry if it was:

Quote:
NEW YORK (AP) -- It appears the Force is still strong with Harrison Ford, Mark Hamill and Carrie Fisher.

In an interview posted online Thursday, George Lucas said the trio from the original "Star Wars" trilogy will reprise their iconic roles of Hans Solo, Luke Skywalker and Princess Leia in the new "Star Wars" film.

Lucas told Bloomberg Businessweek that all three were signed for the new "Episode VII" film in advance of Lucasfilm's $4 billion purchase by Disney.

"We had already signed Mark and Carrie and Harrison — or were pretty much in the final stages of negotiation," Lucas said.

He added: "Maybe I'm not supposed to say that. I think they want to announce that with some big whoop-de-do."

In an interview posted Wednesday with Florida's Palm Beach Illustrated, Fisher said that she'll be coming back as Princess Leia.

Disney's Lucasfilm was coy in response. In a statement, a spokesperson for the company said, "George couldn't say whether they were signed or not and neither can we. As Yoda said, 'Always in motion is the future.' Stay tuned."

The Walt Disney Co. is producing a new "Star Wars" trilogy to take place after Lucas' original three space epics. J.J. Abrams is directing the first film. The 70-year-old Ford, the 61-year-old Hamill and the 56-year-old Fisher are expected to play smaller, supporting roles.

A representative for Ford declined to comment. Hamill's representatives didn't immediately return requests for comment.

PostPosted: Fri March 08, 2013 3:56 pm 
I've been POOSSTTIiiEEnngeeaahh

McParadigm wrote:
dimejinky99 wrote:

Well, apparently they felt that the Clone Wars cartoon, which has had several story arcs that I liked more than any of the prequels (my son is a fan of the show), was too dark for their tastes. It's on the chopping block in spite of pulling decent numbers and big download purchases.

Disneyfication.

Heard it was just moving from Cartoon Network to Disney XD.

PostPosted: Sat March 09, 2013 8:18 pm 
Troglodyte
 WWW  Profile

E.H. Ruddock wrote:
This might have already been posted, sorry if it was:

Quote:
NEW YORK (AP) -- It appears the Force is still strong with Harrison Ford, Mark Hamill and Carrie Fisher.

In an interview posted online Thursday, George Lucas said the trio from the original "Star Wars" trilogy will reprise their iconic roles of Hans Solo, Luke Skywalker and Princess Leia in the new "Star Wars" film.

Lucas told Bloomberg Businessweek that all three were signed for the new "Episode VII" film in advance of Lucasfilm's $4 billion purchase by Disney.

"We had already signed Mark and Carrie and Harrison — or were pretty much in the final stages of negotiation," Lucas said.

He added: "Maybe I'm not supposed to say that. I think they want to announce that with some big whoop-de-do."

In an interview posted Wednesday with Florida's Palm Beach Illustrated, Fisher said that she'll be coming back as Princess Leia.

Disney's Lucasfilm was coy in response. In a statement, a spokesperson for the company said, "George couldn't say whether they were signed or not and neither can we. As Yoda said, 'Always in motion is the future.' Stay tuned."

The Walt Disney Co. is producing a new "Star Wars" trilogy to take place after Lucas' original three space epics. J.J. Abrams is directing the first film. The 70-year-old Ford, the 61-year-old Hamill and the 56-year-old Fisher are expected to play smaller, supporting roles.

A representative for Ford declined to comment. Hamill's representatives didn't immediately return requests for comment.

:thumbsup:

PostPosted: Sun March 10, 2013 10:39 am 

They cant really make these movies without those three.

I'd say the three of them could probably name their price and get it. Hamill definitely will be.

PostPosted: Thu March 14, 2013 3:18 am 
AnalLog

the new Star Trek just doesn't feel like a Star Trek movie...

wonder if Star Wars will?

PostPosted: Thu March 14, 2013 1:36 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

red calzolaio wrote:

If Harrison Ford managed to prove anything with his performance in the last Indiana Jones, it was OH GOD WHAT HAVE WE DONE

PostPosted: Fri March 15, 2013 2:01 am 
AnalLog

McParadigm wrote:
red calzolaio wrote:

If Harrison Ford managed to prove anything with his performance in the last Indiana Jones, it was OH GOD WHAT HAVE WE DONE

his perforamcne was phoned in but i hated the movie for other reasons before that

PostPosted: Fri March 15, 2013 12:21 pm 

I hope the millennium falcon is in it.

PostPosted: Mon March 18, 2013 7:51 pm 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

Do we think it'll have the scrolling backstory like the previous 6? I feel like it has to. Of all the things you almost HAVE to keep, that's gotta be a major one, right?

PostPosted: Mon March 18, 2013 9:01 pm 
likes rhythmic things that butt up against each other

Cool fan art from a little while back.

PostPosted: Tue March 19, 2013 12:05 am 
I've been POOSSTTIiiEEnngeeaahh

That is cool.

PostPosted: Tue March 19, 2013 12:16 am 

I shed a tear.

PostPosted: Thu April 18, 2013 12:33 am 
Troglodyte
 WWW  Profile

Quote:
Walt Disney Pictures and Lucasfilm made a special announcement earlier today at CinemaCon in Las Vegas revealing that they will be releasing a new Star Wars film EVERY summer after the initial release of Star Wars: Episode VII. According to ComingSoon, the studio explained that the upcoming releases will alternate between the new trilogy, which will have its first entry directed by J.J. Abrams, and the highly-anticipated standalone films that are set to follow individual characters within the expansive Star Wars universe created by George Lucas.

Below is a press release from Lucasfilm, released back in February, that explains the concept of the standalone films.

Quote:
The Star Wars cinematic galaxy is about to experience a Big Bang. Lucasfilm is officially announcing new spinoff films that will expand the mythos and depths of the Star Wars universe in previously unexplored ways.

One of the standalone films will be written by Lawrence Kasdan, screenwriter of The Empire Strikes Back, Raiders of the Lost Ark, and co-writer of Return of the Jedi while the other will be penned by Simon Kinberg, writer of Sherlock Holmes and Mr. and Mrs. Smith. The movies will be separate from the upcoming Episodes VII, VIII, and IX, on which Kasdan and Kinberg are also consulting, and are expected to be released sometime after Episode VII. Each standalone film will focus on a specific character, and two spinoff films are currently confirmed.

In a call to investors, Bob Iger, chairman and CEO of The Walt Disney Company, revealed while the original focus was on the highly-anticipated sequel trilogy, the idea of spinoff films was bandied about early and the additional films are now becoming a reality. “We are in development of a few standalone films,” he said, “that are not part of the Star Wars saga…there are now creative entities working on developing scripts for what would be those standalone films.”

Many fans had already begun to speculate that the proposed standalone movies would be released between Episodes VII, VIII and IX, but the announcement at Disney’s presentation earlier today appears to have confirmed it. The announcement is also the first confirmation we’ve received that the studio intends to release a new Star Wars film every year following the release of Episode VII, which is quite a monumental undertaking.

Directed by J.J. Abrams, Star Wars: Episode VII is expected to arrive in theaters in the Summer of 2015.

http://www.examiner.com/article/new-sta ... pisode-vii

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 14253 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 713  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » Arts & Entertainment » Star Wars