The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » Arts & Entertainment » Star Wars

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 14253 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 691, 692, 693, 694, 695, 696, 697 ... 713  Next

So what did you think (DcT edition)?
Best of all the films 10%  10%  [ 9 ]
Better than A New Hope, Empire, the prequels, But not Jedi 2%  2%  [ 2 ]
Better than A New Hope, Jedi, the prequels, but not Empire 7%  7%  [ 6 ]
Better than Empire, Jedi, the Prequels, but not A New Hope 2%  2%  [ 2 ]
Better than A New Hope and the prequels, but not Empire or Jedi 2%  2%  [ 2 ]
Better than Empire and the prequels, but not A New Hope or Jedi 1%  1%  [ 1 ]
Better than Jedi and the prequels, but not a New Hope or Empire 25%  25%  [ 22 ]
As good as Empire, Jedi, and A New Hope, and better than the prequels 16%  16%  [ 14 ]
Better than the prequels, but not the originals 17%  17%  [ 15 ]
As good as some of the prequels 9%  9%  [ 8 ]
As good as all of the prequels 2%  2%  [ 2 ]
Worse than the prequels 5%  5%  [ 4 ]
Total votes : 87
 Post subject: Re: Star Wars: Episode VII: The Force Awakens (2015)
PostPosted: Mon December 18, 2017 6:50 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

I am now convinced that people will defend every single scene and choice made in TLJ, no matter what.

PostPosted: Mon December 18, 2017 6:51 pm 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

Anders wrote:
I am now convinced that people will defend every single scene and choice made in TLJ, no matter what.

There was a lot about the movie that I thought was super weird and even completely stupid.

PostPosted: Mon December 18, 2017 6:56 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

durdencommatyler wrote:
Anders wrote:

There was a lot about the movie that I thought was super weird and even completely stupid.

Of course, as it should be with a Star Wars movie, at least since ROTJ came out.

PostPosted: Mon December 18, 2017 6:57 pm 
I've been POOSSTTIiiEEnngeeaahh

Anders wrote:

It's almost like people had subjectively different experiences watching the movie.

Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

Anders wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
Anders wrote:

Of course, as it should be with a Star Wars movie, at least since ROTJ came out.

I was just saying that I'm not here to defend every single scene and choice, no matter what, as you posited. That isn't true.

NEVER STOP JAMMING!

Kaius wrote:
Anders wrote:

It's almost like people had subjectively different experiences watching the movie.

PostPosted: Mon December 18, 2017 6:58 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

durdencommatyler wrote:
Anders wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
Anders wrote:

I was just saying that I'm not here to defend every single scene and choice, no matter what, as you posited. That isn't true.

I agree with you.

PostPosted: Mon December 18, 2017 6:59 pm 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

Anders wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
Anders wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
Anders wrote:

I agree with you.

NO I AGREE WITH YOU GODDAMNIT

PostPosted: Mon December 18, 2017 7:00 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

durdencommatyler wrote:
Anders wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
Anders wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
Anders wrote:

I agree with you.

:heartbeat:

PostPosted: Mon December 18, 2017 7:03 pm 
The Master

Anders wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
Anders wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
Anders wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
Anders wrote:

I agree with you.

You guys should have a pillow fight.

PostPosted: Mon December 18, 2017 7:06 pm 
what on earth am I talking about

I’d say LV is simply over the moon this thread is at the top of his feed again :)

PostPosted: Mon December 18, 2017 7:12 pm 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

Monkey_Driven wrote:
Anders wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
Anders wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
Anders wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
Anders wrote:

I agree with you.

You guys should have a pillow fight.

What do you think I've been laying the ground work for this whole time?

PostPosted: Mon December 18, 2017 9:04 pm 
jeeeesus relax already

Kaius wrote:
VinylGuy wrote:
The ¨laser sword¨ was an insult too.

:roll:

aren't you consistently bashing "fan boys"? This is the exact kind of thinking you claim to dislike.

Oh i not mad. Im just thinking Rian did a lot of things to mess with them. Im no SW fanboi, i just watch the movies , no series or comic books...but im pointing out that that phrase and the comic stuff at the beginning were choices from Rian to mess with the fans, as the parodic tone of the first scenes.

PostPosted: Mon December 18, 2017 9:23 pm 
I've been POOSSTTIiiEEnngeeaahh

VinylGuy wrote:
Kaius wrote:
VinylGuy wrote:

aren't you consistently bashing "fan boys"? This is the exact kind of thinking you claim to dislike.

Oh i not mad. Im just thinking Rian did a lot of things to mess with them. Im no SW fanboi, i just watch the movies , no series or comic books...but im pointing out that that phrase and the comic stuff at the beginning were choices from Rian to mess with the fans, as the parodic tone of the first scenes.

TLJ called back to the lighter elements of the OT frequently, but it never came off as a parody to me.

PostPosted: Mon December 18, 2017 9:26 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

Kaius wrote:
VinylGuy wrote:
Kaius wrote:
VinylGuy wrote:

TLJ called back to the lighter elements of the OT frequently, but it never came off as a parody to me.

More like the PT in humor, more over the top than the OT.

PostPosted: Mon December 18, 2017 9:27 pm 
The Master

Anders wrote:
Kaius wrote:
VinylGuy wrote:
Kaius wrote:
VinylGuy wrote:

Definitely. That opening “Can he hear me?” stuff was almost out of Spaceballs. Intentionally deflating menace and seriousness is an odd choice.

PostPosted: Mon December 18, 2017 9:35 pm 
jeeeesus relax already

That opening and Luke throwing the lightsaber were direct from Spaceballs. Its almost as if Rian was saying, guys...these movies are too much.

PostPosted: Mon December 18, 2017 10:06 pm 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

LoathedVermin72 wrote:
Anders wrote:
Kaius wrote:
VinylGuy wrote:
Kaius wrote:
VinylGuy wrote:

Definitely. That opening “Can he hear me?” stuff was almost out of Spaceballs. Intentionally deflating menace and seriousness is an odd choice.

But it served both a tactical and character purpose. And the scene still maintained plenty of menace. So it worked and gave us something fairly fresh and unexpected. I thought it was a nice move. *shrugs*

PostPosted: Mon December 18, 2017 10:39 pm 
F.U.B.A.R
 WWW  Profile

durdencommatyler wrote:
LoathedVermin72 wrote:
Anders wrote:
Kaius wrote:
VinylGuy wrote:
Kaius wrote:
VinylGuy wrote:

But it served both a tactical and character purpose. And the scene still maintained plenty of menace. So it worked and gave us something fairly fresh and unexpected. I thought it was a nice move. *shrugs*

I have to agree with Verm here. That scene was dragged out too much. Maybe a short troll would have been OK.

But taking it that far just felt like a parody film where they take a joke and drive it to death, ala Spaceballs, Naked Gun, etc.

PostPosted: Mon December 18, 2017 10:50 pm 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

I need to see it again but I thought there was a reason whay it went on so long. Poe was intentionally stalling. Pretty sure this is addressed in the film. Or I'm remembering it wrong. But either way it worked for me.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 14253 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 691, 692, 693, 694, 695, 696, 697 ... 713  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » Arts & Entertainment » Star Wars