The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » Arts & Entertainment » Star Wars

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2009 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47 ... 101  Next
 Post subject: Re: Star Wars: Rebels
PostPosted: Mon February 20, 2017 11:41 am 
The worst

this was the first episode i watched sonce i really fell into clone wars. The animation really is a major step back

I Am No Guide - Pearl Jam Song by Song - Coming this July!
He/Him/His

PostPosted: Tue February 21, 2017 3:39 pm 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

stip wrote:
this was the first episode i watched sonce i really fell into clone wars. The animation really is a major step back

It's crazy, right?

PostPosted: Tue February 21, 2017 3:41 pm 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

Watched the most recent episode. Good episode but leaves me a bit cold.

Spoiler: show
Really hope they aren't cutting Sabine from the show altogether. That would be a huge bummer. She's far more compelling than some of the other characters. I hope we still get to check in with her and see what she's up to.

PostPosted: Tue February 21, 2017 3:50 pm 
what on earth am I talking about

The whole mandalorian thing it just. I dunno. It's like exactly like the klingons in Star Trek. Family factions all fighting for power and all these substories around it.

It's really just not that interesting at all.

The latest theory is the new animated series is gonna be all about Sabine and the mandolorian power struggle and that that latest episode was like a ghost pilot (no pun intended) set up episode for it.

I really can't see that havin any legs or longevity as a series at all.

Unless we see her fall in love with luke. And him being a Jedi causing yet another mando civil war.

It's just too boring to contemplate.

PostPosted: Tue February 21, 2017 3:53 pm 
AnalLog

durdencommatyler wrote:
Watched the most recent episode. Good episode but leaves me a bit cold.

Really hope they aren't cutting Sabine from the show altogether. That would be a huge bummer. She's far more compelling than some of the other characters. I hope we still get to check in with her and see what she's up to.

It was a bit odd. It seemed like a sudden branching off of two different stories. Maybe they're setting Sabine up for another series. She's definitely one of the more compelling characters for me and her story just seems to be starting while Kanan's and Ezra's arcs are coming up on a definitive, climatic moment.

PostPosted: Tue February 21, 2017 3:54 pm 
AnalLog

dimejinky99 wrote:
The whole mandalorian thing it just. I dunno. It's like exactly like the klingons in Star Trek. Family factions all fighting for power and all these substories around it.

It's really just not that interesting at all.

The latest theory is the new animated series is gonna be all about Sabine and the mandolorian power struggle and that that latest episode was like a ghost pilot (no pun intended) set up episode for it.

I really can't see that havin any legs or longevity as a series at all.

Unless we see her fall in love with luke. And him being a Jedi causing yet another mando civil war.

It's just too boring to contemplate.

Yep. I wouldn't enjoy it. I thought it was about to lead to somewhere much more interesting but I was way off.

PostPosted: Tue February 21, 2017 4:04 pm 

They've totally got the temperature wrong if they make a Sabine series and not an Ahsoka series. Like a huge misstep if that's the case

PostPosted: Tue February 21, 2017 4:07 pm 
Guys, I am not a moderator! I swear to God! Why does everyone think I'm a moderator?

dimejinky99 wrote:
They've totally got the temperature wrong if they make a Sabine series and not an Ahsoka series. Like a huge misstep if that's the case

I do agree with you here.

PostPosted: Tue February 21, 2017 4:18 pm 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

E.H. Ruddock wrote:
dimejinky99 wrote:

For sure.

I would be interested in a Sabine series. I think a lot of the Mandalorian stuff is interesting and there are ways to explore and clarify and refine it that I would be interested in, for sure. But... people would go NUTS for an Ahsoka series.

Harloff (Collider Jedi Council) seems to think the new series will be announced at Star Wars Celebration and that it will take place between Jedi and TFA.

I'd like to see an Ahsoka series and a series in the time after Jedi more than a Sabine series, frankly. But that doesn't mean I'd be uninterested in a Sabine series altogether. If that makes sense.

PostPosted: Tue February 21, 2017 5:46 pm 

For once I agree with harloff

PostPosted: Tue February 21, 2017 5:48 pm 
Major Dude

durdencommatyler wrote:
E.H. Ruddock wrote:
dimejinky99 wrote:

For sure.

I would be interested in a Sabine series. I think a lot of the Mandalorian stuff is interesting and there are ways to explore and clarify and refine it that I would be interested in, for sure. But... people would go NUTS for an Ahsoka series.

Unless Sabine ends up being related to Rey or something. THEN, you would see fans go apeshit over a Sabine series.

An Ahsoka series would be the tits, tho.

PostPosted: Tue February 21, 2017 5:54 pm 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

wease wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
E.H. Ruddock wrote:
dimejinky99 wrote:

For sure.

Unless Sabine ends up being related to Rey or something. THEN, you would see fans go apeshit over a Sabine series.

Well sure. But I still don't know how that will work and right now don't think it's all that likely. But I've been wrong before. I mean, Christ.

PostPosted: Tue February 21, 2017 7:31 pm 
Major Dude

durdencommatyler wrote:
wease wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
E.H. Ruddock wrote:
dimejinky99 wrote:

For sure.

Well sure. But I still don't know how that will work and right now don't think it's all that likely. But I've been wrong before. I mean, Christ.

I don't either.

PostPosted: Tue February 21, 2017 7:57 pm 

The mando thing as a series on its own tho. How do you explain that if it's obviously running alongside the Ot time wise?

They don't join the rebellion and the empires main representative has just been killed. So they'll want to wipe all them out?

It's a tricky proposition as a series.

I dunno. The majority of Star Wars fans are lifelong fans like us of a certain age. Well see them exploring different avenues before long. And moving into the adult realm is almost a certainty at some point. Where better to do it than with a culture based in tribalism and war?

PostPosted: Tue February 21, 2017 8:14 pm 
AnalLog

Only way a sabine series would grab me is if she's connected to Rey and they do a 30 year jump and we catch up with Sabine between Return of the Jedi and the Force Awakens and it's just straight chaos. That would be interesting.

PostPosted: Tue February 21, 2017 8:16 pm 

jwfocker wrote:
Only way a sabine series would grab me is if she's connected to Rey and they do a 30 year jump and we catch up with Sabine between Return of the Jedi and the Force Awakens and it's just straight chaos. That would be interesting.

Agreed. Would be the only way I would care at all.

PostPosted: Sat February 25, 2017 4:50 pm 

Latest episode is awesome. Really stepping up the game if a little convenient in places.

PostPosted: Mon February 27, 2017 4:02 pm 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

Do we think the upcoming episodes about Obi-Wan will explain how he's able to manifest after death?

PostPosted: Mon February 27, 2017 7:43 pm 

durdencommatyler wrote:
Do we think the upcoming episodes about Obi-Wan will explain how he's able to manifest after death?

God no. Waaaaaay too deep a cut to go into in Rebels. Almost totally seperate actually.

Apparently Ezra is present at this showdown. There's a clip out there.

Him being present takes my excitement down several notches. Unless he dies in it.

PostPosted: Mon February 27, 2017 7:45 pm 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

dimejinky99 wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:

God no. Waaaaaay too deep a cut to go into in Rebels. Almost totally seperate actually.

Do you imagine they'll ever explain it? Because... right now it's kind of a giant gaping plot hole.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2009 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47 ... 101  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » Arts & Entertainment » Star Wars