Switch to full style
May the force be with you
Post a reply

Light & Magic- D+ IT’S REALLY GOOD!!

Sun August 28, 2022 7:33 pm

Documentary on Industrial Light & Magic. On Disney+. Directed by Lawrence Kasdan. Do yourselves a huge favor and watch this. Fucking incredible.
Last edited by wease on Mon August 29, 2022 1:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

Re: Light & Magic- D+

Sun August 28, 2022 8:36 pm

The thread title makes it seem like you didn't like the doc. :lol:

Re: Light & Magic- D+

Sun August 28, 2022 10:56 pm

First ep is really solid. Excited to see more.

Re: Light & Magic- D+ IT’S REALLY GOOD!!

Tue September 06, 2022 6:05 pm

I don't love this show, but every episode there are just a few moments of old-school special effects that blow my fucking mind. I will never understand matte paintings no matter how many times I see them work.

Tue September 06, 2022 8:45 pm

B wrote:I don't love this show, but every episode there are just a few moments of old-school special effects that blow my fucking mind. I will never understand matte paintings no matter how many times I see them work.
For me it's how you get multiple shots of physical film to blend together into one shot. Like they shoot one model x-wing. Then they shoot another one, separately. Then a third. But then they put it all together so that all three are flying in the same frame. It's obviously super basic and simple. People have been doing it since the beginning of photography.

But it still impresses me. *shrugs*

Tue September 06, 2022 9:09 pm

It's not super simple. It's impossible.

Tue September 06, 2022 9:11 pm

the imploding house in Poltergeist was amazing.

Tue September 06, 2022 10:45 pm

Yeah. That was really cool.

Tue September 06, 2022 11:34 pm

I said I don't love the show, but I keep watching it and being amazed, so I guess I DO like the show?

Sat September 10, 2022 2:33 am

Computer stuff doesn't blow my mind like all the practical effects do. Those feel like art.

Sun September 11, 2022 3:27 pm

B wrote:Computer stuff doesn't blow my mind like all the practical effects do. Those feel like art.

Nothing better than a great, highly-detailed miniature. It’s criminal so many of them get destroyed after shooting wraps.
Post a reply