The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » Arts & Entertainment » Star Wars

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 933 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23 ... 47  Next
 Post subject: Re: The Book of Boba Fett - Disney+ 2021
PostPosted: Wed January 26, 2022 6:19 pm 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

I'm sure that's not the case. I haven't seen a ton of negative feedback outside of the Neutrinos from ep 3. People are loving it. Ok, maybe not on RM but elsewhere. :lol:

They said from the jump to think of this as Mando S2.5. I'm sure this was always the plan. But it's a weird choice. No reason why this couldn't have been the premier of Mando S3.

Don't get me wrong, I thought the episode was fantastic! I just missed our guy Boba and that story. A full hour detour feels like a lot.

But great ep. Glad we have it. Excited for next week.

PostPosted: Wed January 26, 2022 6:30 pm 
Guys, I am not a moderator! I swear to God! Why does everyone think I'm a moderator?

I feel like we won't see Mando next week. It will be build up to the finale next week while he's off "seeing and old friend". Then he'll swoop in to save the day in the finale in two weeks.

Also, I assume episode one of the next season of Mando will now be him going to "see an old friend" so everyone gets their Grogu fix then off to Mandalore for the majority of the season.

PostPosted: Wed January 26, 2022 6:34 pm 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

I still think the "epic storytelling event" that all of these shows are building toward will be the fight for Mandalore.

My guess is we'll get some setup for that in Mando 3 but it won't be the main action.

PostPosted: Wed January 26, 2022 7:04 pm 
Guys, I am not a moderator! I swear to God! Why does everyone think I'm a moderator?

epilogue wrote:
I still think the "epic storytelling event" that all of these shows are building toward will be the fight for Mandalore.

My guess is we'll get some setup for that in Mando 3 but it won't be the main action.

Yeah, I could see that. And if Ahsoka meets up with Sabine and they find Ezra (or not, :( ) that could flow into the Mandalore stuff as well.

PostPosted: Wed January 26, 2022 7:06 pm 
Troglodyte
 WWW  Profile

epilogue wrote:
Don't get me wrong, I thought the episode was fantastic! I just missed our guy Boba and that story. A full hour detour feels like a lot.

I wasn't sold on this version of Boba Fett, but I was coming around. Cutting him out of this episode undermined that.

PostPosted: Wed January 26, 2022 7:31 pm 
Major Dude

Goddamn. That whole garage sequence was horrible and if I never see lady mechanic again it’ll be too soon. And why would a fucking bounty hunter need a fighter ship that doesn’t have any kind of hold for him to store his bounties? Jesus fuck that was terrible.

The rest of the episode was primo stuff tho.

PostPosted: Wed January 26, 2022 7:37 pm 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

E.H. Ruddock wrote:
epilogue wrote:

Yeah, I could see that. And if Ahsoka meets up with Sabine and they find Ezra (or not, :( ) that could flow into the Mandalore stuff as well.

I think it has to. Ahsoka has too much history with Mandalore. And then there's Sabine, obviously.

PostPosted: Wed January 26, 2022 7:40 pm 

Was that Anakin's old Starfighter, possibly?

PostPosted: Wed January 26, 2022 7:40 pm 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

wease wrote:
Goddamn. That whole garage sequence was horrible and if I never see lady mechanic again it’ll be too soon. And why would a fucking bounty hunter need a fighter ship that doesn’t have any kind of hold for him to store his bounties? Jesus fuck that was terrible.

I think we just have to suspend disbelief on some stuff. Sometimes "cool" trumps logic in Star Wars. Just like last week's episode. Most of it was completely idiotic of you stop and think about it. Kinda like the rescue in RotJ.

Of course, it's possible we'll still see answers to some of that stuff you mentioned. Story's not over. Maybe the fighter is a means to an end. We'll see what happens.

PostPosted: Wed January 26, 2022 7:54 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

epilogue wrote:
Most of it was completely idiotic of you stop and think about it

PostPosted: Wed January 26, 2022 7:55 pm 
Troglodyte
 WWW  Profile

epilogue wrote:
wease wrote:

I think we just have to suspend disbelief on some stuff. Sometimes "cool" trumps logic in Star Wars. Just like last week's episode. Most of it was completely idiotic of you stop and think about it. Kinda like the rescue in RotJ.

Of course, it's possible we'll still see answers to some of that stuff you mentioned. Story's not over. Maybe the fighter is a means to an end. We'll see what happens.

I was trying to figure out the bounty hunter angle on that ship as well, but it helps that he's pissed about it too. Of course, a bounty hunter with a little ship is better than a bounty hunter with no ship.

I doubt this ship will be used by Djarin for long.

I'm also having trouble keeping Mos Isley and Mos Espa separate.

And I don't know what the fuck is under the Jawa cloaks, but I'm grossed out that Amy Sedaris fucked one.

PostPosted: Wed January 26, 2022 8:00 pm 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

Furry. Furry.

PostPosted: Wed January 26, 2022 8:02 pm 
what on earth am I talking about

E.H. Ruddock wrote:
epilogue wrote:
This was a great episode of The Mandoalorian.

I'm bummed we don't get an episode of Boba Fett this week.

Yeah this did feel like they were seeing negative feedback or something about Book of Boba Fett and just said "lets pull this Mando episode and film a little scene at the end with Fennec and throw it in because people love Mando".

But I'm glad they did. It was awesome.

That’s really not how filmmaking a year out works. At all.

PostPosted: Wed January 26, 2022 8:10 pm 

lol dime. I know that. I just said that’s what it feels like given The popularity for boba doesn’t seem to be as high as for mando

PostPosted: Wed January 26, 2022 8:14 pm 

I was doubtful AF but I loved what they did with his new ship. And going pod racing down beggars canyon. Womprat included :) the sound was absolutely spot on as were the visuals.
You could see the Tuskens houses In the canyon have come along in all those years.

Bryce Dallas Howard *gets* Star Wars. And sure the lady mechanic is goofy and over the top. But she fits perfectly. Her whole thing felt ad libbed tbh. I loved it.
I think this was a big Get the Easter egg bonanza Outta the way ahead of the next two episodes. And ruddos probably right. We’re probably not gonna see mando again until the very final episode. If at all.
I loved this episode. So much great fun.

PostPosted: Wed January 26, 2022 8:33 pm 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

I'm also not sure we'll see him next week (though, I'd love to and hope we do). But if we don't see him in the finale, I think it'll feel really weird. It'll make this episode even more pointless in the context of a Boba Fett show.

But then if we're to assume he goes to Grogu and we don't see him next week. But then we do in two weeks, how will that affect the structure of Mando 3? The first episode is basically his meeting with Grogu and then what? Does the next episode (or a few episodes down the line) just assume you've seen the Boba Fett finale?

Feel like they've made this way more complicated than it needs to be.

PostPosted: Wed January 26, 2022 8:48 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

epilogue wrote:

Have faith, I'm sure they have a solid plan. Just look at the sequels and how that turned out

PostPosted: Wed January 26, 2022 8:56 pm 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

Rangi Guy wrote:
epilogue wrote:

Have faith, I'm sure they have a solid plan. Just look at the sequels and how that turned out

I've been told time and time again that the ST is not Star Wars and is utter garbage while the tv stuff is brilliant and the best Star Wars ever and the only thing that matters yay!!! So I'm sure their meticulous plan will be perfect and amazing and make total sense.

PostPosted: Wed January 26, 2022 9:01 pm 

He’s gotten armour forged for Grogu.

We’re gonna see Grogu. At some point.

Dunno about Luke turning up to help out with boba fett given how that went down in ROTJ but we will see Grogu at some point.

PostPosted: Wed January 26, 2022 9:03 pm 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

dimejinky99 wrote:
He’s gotten armour forged for Grogu.

We’re gonna see Grogu. At some point.

Dunno about Luke turning up to help out with boba fett given how that went down in ROTJ but we will see Grogu at some point.

I know they vaguely teased Grogu bts at some point. Still wondering if that will really happen. I'm positive we'll see him in Mando 3, though. No question.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 933 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23 ... 47  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » Arts & Entertainment » Star Wars