Switch to full style
May the force be with you
Post a reply

ITT dimejinky99 vomits random Star Wars thoughts

Sun July 17, 2016 12:43 am

Maybe this will reign him in a little.

So ... Thrawn, Plagueis, #rogueoneisaprequel ... GO!

Re: ITT dimejinky99 vomits random Star Wars thoughts

Sun July 17, 2016 1:01 am

But... YOU started the plagueis thread, B.

Sun July 17, 2016 1:10 am

rein. rein him in.

Sun July 17, 2016 1:24 am

E.H. Ruddock wrote:But... YOU started the plagueis thread, B.

B wrote:
dimejinky99 wrote:Bloodline by Claudia Gray is great and connects the ROTJ period and FA period though Leia and the new republic and skeletons in the closet.

:offtopic:

Sun July 17, 2016 1:39 am

Hey let's put the whole star wars subforum into one thread, then delete it.

Sun July 17, 2016 2:06 am

BurtReynolds wrote:Hey let's put the whole star wars subforum into one thread, then delete it.

Shut up, chud.

Sun July 17, 2016 2:35 am

B wrote:
BurtReynolds wrote:Hey let's put the whole star wars subforum into one thread, then delete it.

Shut up, chud.

it is too bad that burt's basically become a poor man's chud account

Sun July 17, 2016 3:03 am

spike wrote:
B wrote:

Shut up, chud.

it is too bad that burt's basically become a poor man's chud account

I'm honored.

Mon July 25, 2016 6:12 pm

I might actually use this thread. Thanks B

Mon August 01, 2016 4:13 pm

I've read a couple of the now defunct expanded universe books. Some interesting Ideas I can see bein cherry picked in future but the writing is sub par.

Tue August 02, 2016 2:32 am

Did you ever read I, Jedi?

Tue August 02, 2016 8:54 am

I'm aware of it but I haven't, no. Worth a read?

Tue August 02, 2016 7:40 pm

Definitely. One of the rare "one and done" books. It features Corran Horn, one of the Rogue Squadron pilots as he learns about being a Jedi. It's written in the 1st person, so it has a totally different feel than any of the other books. After reading it, Horn became on of my favorite EU characters. It's written by Michael Stackpole, one of the better SWEU authors IMO.

I couldn't put it down. I read it in, like, 2 days.

Wed August 03, 2016 7:17 am

wease wrote:Definitely. One of the rare "one and done" books. It features Corran Horn, one of the Rogue Squadron pilots as he learns about being a Jedi. It's written in the 1st person, so it has a totally different feel than any of the other books. After reading it, Horn became on of my favorite EU characters. It's written by Michael Stackpole, one of the better SWEU authors IMO.

I couldn't put it down. I read it in, like, 2 days.

Oh that's right! I listened to a lengthy interview with Stackpole on a SW podcast. He wrote the rogue squadron books too right? They're supposed to be among the really great EU books.
I'll get I, Jedi so, thanks for the tip!

Wed August 03, 2016 1:58 pm

dimejinky99 wrote:Oh that's right! I listened to a lengthy interview with Stackpole on a SW podcast. He wrote the rogue squadron books too right? They're supposed to be among the really great EU books.
I'll get I, Jedi so, thanks for the tip!

Yeah. I put him just under Zahn as far as Star Wars writers. He didn't write ALL the Rogue Squadron book, but he wrote the best ones. The cool thing is the main character in I, Jedi started out in the Rogue Squadron series. If you haven't read those, at least the ones by Stackpole, you really should. They're great books.

Wed August 03, 2016 11:31 pm

Hey dime, will Mara Jade return to canon?

Thu August 04, 2016 3:03 am

She was never in canon. None of the EU stuff was. We all (fandom) kinda saw it that way since Lucas wasn't really doing anything pas ROTJ, but Lucasfilm and Lucas, himself, never saw any of it as canon.

That's one reason why Thrawn showing up on Rebels is so fucking cool.

Thu August 04, 2016 3:04 am

And if she did reappear in canon, I think she would have to be a somewhat different character.

Thu August 04, 2016 9:54 am

At celebration, Either Dave Filoni or Pablo Hidalgo ruled out her ever being brought into canon. As wease said there may be a version of her but that's just us speculating and as she really only relates to Luke, it won't happen in a film I don't think. I just finished those books and she was an ok character. I didn't really see what was there that has her such a huge fan base but to each their own I guess.

Whereas bringing Thrawn in totally makes sense. And is awesome

Thu August 04, 2016 12:59 pm

wease wrote:And if she did reappear in canon, I think she would have to be a somewhat different character.

Hey, there was a period of time between ROTJ and Ren's betrayal. Surely Luke coulda had some fuck buddies.
Post a reply