The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » Arts & Entertainment » Star Wars

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2218 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 111  Next
 Post subject: Re: We knew it was coming. Ahsoka - Disney+
PostPosted: Tue December 15, 2020 5:56 pm 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

dimejinky99 wrote:
I’m reaching

But could in her series, could we finally see Ahsoka meet Luke and have her telling him all about Anakin as she knew him? The big brother/father figure/mentor?

I think it would be a huge missed opportunity if it didn’t go there. I know it has it’s own story to tell but still. It would be an amazing explainer of who she is, for the general population who don’t really know who she is or her history. If that makes sense

I don't know if we'll see her and Luke talking in her series. But I do think as of her appearance in The Mandalorian that it hasn't happened yet.

The way she talks about Anakin really leads me to believe she hasn't met Luke. If she had, Luke would have told her about how his attachment saved him. It felt to me like Ahsoka still thought of Anakin as a fallen Jedi with no knowledge of his redemption.

PostPosted: Tue December 15, 2020 7:36 pm 
Major Dude

epilogue wrote:
dimejinky99 wrote:
I’m reaching

But could in her series, could we finally see Ahsoka meet Luke and have her telling him all about Anakin as she knew him? The big brother/father figure/mentor?

I think it would be a huge missed opportunity if it didn’t go there. I know it has it’s own story to tell but still. It would be an amazing explainer of who she is, for the general population who don’t really know who she is or her history. If that makes sense

I don't know if we'll see her and Luke talking in her series. But I do think as of her appearance in The Mandalorian that it hasn't happened yet.

The way she talks about Anakin really leads me to believe she hasn't met Luke. If she had, Luke would have told her about how his attachment saved him. It felt to me like Ahsoka still thought of Anakin as a fallen Jedi with no knowledge of his redemption.

Now this I would be all for.

PostPosted: Tue December 15, 2020 8:15 pm 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

wease wrote:
epilogue wrote:
dimejinky99 wrote:
I’m reaching

I was a big fan of that dude's fan fiction where Ahsoka and Luke talked between Empire and Jedi. So, I'm 100% on board with them meeting and talking at some point. Moreover, I think it NEEDS to happen. It's so thematically important for both Luke and Ahsoka and how they perceive Anakin. Maybe it's in this Ahsoka series or maybe not. But it has to happen at some point. And I'm fucking HERE for it when it does.

PostPosted: Tue December 15, 2020 9:38 pm 
Major Dude

epilogue wrote:
wease wrote:
epilogue wrote:
dimejinky99 wrote:
I’m reaching

I was a big fan of that dude's fan fiction where Ahsoka and Luke talked between Empire and Jedi. So, I'm 100% on board with them meeting and talking at some point. Moreover, I think it NEEDS to happen. It's so thematically important for both Luke and Ahsoka and how they perceive Anakin. Maybe it's in this Ahsoka series or maybe not. But it has to happen at some point. And I'm fucking HERE for it when it does.

What did you think of Rosario?

PostPosted: Tue December 15, 2020 9:39 pm 
Posting (live)

She was great. Can't wait for this series.

PostPosted: Tue December 15, 2020 9:44 pm 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

Rosario is perfect casting. She nailed it.

PostPosted: Tue December 15, 2020 10:00 pm 
Major Dude

epilogue wrote:
Rosario is perfect casting. She nailed it.

Thank you. That’s all I wanted.

PostPosted: Wed December 16, 2020 12:16 am 
what on earth am I talking about

That short exchange was more satisfying than

PostPosted: Fri December 18, 2020 3:57 pm 
Guys, I am not a moderator! I swear to God! Why does everyone think I'm a moderator?

Her lack of appearance in the finale and the lack of them introducing Ezra in Mandalorian give me hope that her series will be about the hunt for Ezra and Thrawn. I never really thought Ezra would show up in Mando, it makes more sense that if they introduce him, it would be in her show since they are connected.

PostPosted: Fri December 18, 2020 4:11 pm 
AnalLog

E.H. Ruddock wrote:
Her lack of appearance in the finale and the lack of them introducing Ezra in Mandalorian give me hope that her series will be about the hunt for Ezra and Thrawn. I never really thought Ezra would show up in Mando, it makes more sense that if they introduce him, it would be in her show since they are connected.

Kathleen did say the upcoming slate of shows were going to intertwine, culminating in some kind of intergalactic gang-bang, so, I could see that event-series/movie/whateveritbe introducing both Thrawn & Ezra.

We still make records to be listened to — not that everyone will listen to a record track one to twelve in a row or side A or Side B — but we still make 'em in case somebody does want to listen to it like that, that's how we make em…

PostPosted: Fri December 18, 2020 5:05 pm 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

E.H. Ruddock wrote:

It has to. She's not wearing white not see her montrals long enough for this to take place post Rebels coda. Her Mandalorian ep was clearly pre-Rebels coda.

PostPosted: Fri December 18, 2020 5:39 pm 
AnalLog

epilogue wrote:
E.H. Ruddock wrote:

It has to. She's not wearing white not see her montrals long enough for this to take place post Rebels coda. Her Mandalorian ep was clearly pre-Rebels coda.

All Joes are smart f*ckers

We still make records to be listened to — not that everyone will listen to a record track one to twelve in a row or side A or Side B — but we still make 'em in case somebody does want to listen to it like that, that's how we make em…

PostPosted: Fri December 18, 2020 6:14 pm 
Troglodyte
 WWW  Profile

I mean ... it's possible that Ahsoka owns more than one outfit.

PostPosted: Fri December 18, 2020 6:17 pm 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

B wrote:

Doesn't change the montrals, asshat.

PostPosted: Fri December 18, 2020 6:21 pm 
jeeeesus relax already

wasnt rebels supposed to be before ANH?

PostPosted: Fri December 18, 2020 6:32 pm 
AnalLog

epilogue wrote:
B wrote:

This is a sweaty nerd jerk-off move, but, you may be thinking of her lekku.
The montrals are the "horns" atop her dome that act as a "Spidey-sense", of sorts.

God, I hate myself.

PostPosted: Fri December 18, 2020 6:36 pm 
Guys, I am not a moderator! I swear to God! Why does everyone think I'm a moderator?

Yeah I'm kind of confused as to this discussion, guys. Rebels took place before ANH. Mandalorian after. But I don't think that is what epilogue is getting at.

PostPosted: Fri December 18, 2020 6:45 pm 
AnalLog

E.H. Ruddock wrote:
Yeah I'm kind of confused as to this discussion, guys. Rebels took place before ANH. Mandalorian after. But I don't think that is what epilogue is getting at.

Filoni has hinted that the Rebels epilogue took place after Ahsoka's appearance on the Mandalorian.

When the Rebels finale first aired, I assumed that the way Hera's voiceover was cut with Sabine looking up at a rebel ship indicated that the scene was taking place immediately after RotJ, but, maybe her age/hair indicates that some time has passed.

Having not seen it in a while, she may have simply been looking up at a New Republic ship that was on patrol?

If Ahsoka's appearance on Mando is before the Rebels epilogue, though, what were Ahsoka and Sabine doing during the OT, and why'd Ahsoka wait so long to contact Sabine in goin to find Ezra?

Last edited by oneway23 on Fri December 18, 2020 6:54 pm, edited 3 times in total.

PostPosted: Fri December 18, 2020 6:47 pm 

ah, ok

PostPosted: Fri December 18, 2020 7:43 pm 
Troglodyte
 WWW  Profile

epilogue wrote:
B wrote:

I don't know how montrals work. Maybe she had them shortened ... like a haircut. :D

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2218 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 111  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » Arts & Entertainment » Star Wars