Switch to full style
May the force be with you
Post a reply

Taika Waititi's Star Wars Movie ????

Thu December 07, 2017 1:26 am

Wasn't sure where else to put this, but this has me excited

https://www.stuff.co.nz/entertainment/film/99631660/taika-waititi-gets-informal-offer-to-do-star-wars-film

Taika Waititi gets informal offer to do Star Wars film

Taika Waititi's Star Wars Movie

Thu December 07, 2017 2:09 am

I support this if true
Dave!!

Re: Star Wars: Episode VIII: The Last Jedi (2017)

Thu December 07, 2017 2:11 am

dimejinky99 wrote:I support this if true
Dave!!

Yeah - I just posted about that in one of the other SW threads. Ii'd be behind him getting to do a Star Wars film!

Re: Star Wars: Episode VIII: The Last Jedi (2017)

Thu December 07, 2017 2:15 am

Rangi Guy wrote:
dimejinky99 wrote:I support this if true
Dave!!

Yeah - I just posted about that in one of the other SW threads. Ii'd be behind him getting to do a Star Wars film!

Wtf. There are others threads about Star Wars??
Not kidding.

He’d be amazing. It would be a natural fit. Hope this is happening.

Re: Star Wars Awesomeness

Thu December 07, 2017 2:54 am

Rangi Guy wrote:Wasn't sure where else to put this, but this has me excited

https://www.stuff.co.nz/entertainment/film/99631660/taika-waititi-gets-informal-offer-to-do-star-wars-film

Taika Waititi gets informal offer to do Star Wars film

Take it to the Obi-Wan movie threat, dude.

Re: Taika Waititi's Star Wars Movie ????

Thu December 07, 2017 3:43 am

He already said "no thanks, I like having control and making my own movies, lol"

If he ends up with a Star War he's gonna look like a sellout at best and a lying shithead at worst.

Thu December 07, 2017 11:11 am

durdencommatyler wrote:He already said "no thanks, I like having control and making my own movies, lol"

If he ends up with a Star War he's gonna look like a sellout at best and a lying shithead at worst.

Not really. Nobody even before talks can come out and say they’re doing these films. They’d make their own lives unbearable and everything they say under an immediate spotlight.

Thu December 07, 2017 3:27 pm

durdencommatyler wrote:He already said "no thanks, I like having control and making my own movies, lol"

He already did a Thor movie with Disney. I don't see how that would affect him here. He probably has a good working relationship with them, I hope he is doing the Obi Wan Movie

Thu December 07, 2017 4:43 pm

Thu December 07, 2017 4:57 pm

He also said

"However, Waititi recently told Uproxx that he was just kidding around. "I'm not an idiot. Who would actually say no to Star Wars?" he said."

Thu December 07, 2017 8:25 pm

dimejinky99 wrote:

Not really. Nobody even before talks can come out and say they’re doing these films. They’d make their own lives unbearable and everything they say under an immediate spotlight.

Um, yes really. He posted this shortly after Lord & Miller were fired:

Thu December 07, 2017 8:27 pm

durdencommatyler wrote:
dimejinky99 wrote:

Um, yes really. He posted this shortly after Lord & Miller were fired:

Clearly a joke about the revolving door of producers on the stand alone SW films - nothing more

Thu December 07, 2017 8:48 pm

Strat wrote:

He also said

"However, Waititi recently told Uproxx that he was just kidding around. "I'm not an idiot. Who would actually say no to Star Wars?" he said."

Joseph

Thu December 07, 2017 8:49 pm

Seems like a good thing to argue about

Thu December 07, 2017 8:50 pm

E.H. Ruddock wrote:Seems like a good thing to argue about

Nothing better to do on a Friday morning

Thu December 07, 2017 8:51 pm

My life sucks

Thu December 07, 2017 9:05 pm

Ruddo, I love you. May I buy you a beer?

Thu December 07, 2017 9:13 pm

durdencommatyler wrote:

anytime

Thu December 07, 2017 9:15 pm

E.H. Ruddock wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:

anytime

:hooray:

Real talk: I keep hoping there will be an Ahsoka film announcement, because then I know I'll finally get to meet you and chat about stuff.

Thu December 07, 2017 9:16 pm

durdencommatyler wrote:
E.H. Ruddock wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:

anytime

:hooray:

Real talk: I keep hoping there will be an Ahsoka film announcement, because then I know I'll finally get to meet you and chat about stuff.

Anything big from the late-clone wars to Rebels, and yeah, we'll watch it together. That or you know, Pearl Jam.
Post a reply