Switch to full style
May the force be with you
Post a reply

Re: Star Wars: Acolyte

Wed June 30, 2021 11:31 am

wease wrote:Why he started at that point? Uh, because Anakin’s story starts there?

Star Wars likes to tell the stories no one asked for.

Wed June 30, 2021 5:50 pm

It's bad enough that Disney is forcing us to admit that the prequels exist, but now we have to watch a show by someone who says that TPM had a "profound effect" on them?

Nope. I'm out.

Sat July 03, 2021 7:38 am

The prequel era has story threads to mine in spades. Just keep Lucas away from actual filmmaking execution and I expect great things.

Thu April 21, 2022 8:18 pm

Tue May 17, 2022 11:29 am

So I guess we’re gonna have to read those high republic books.
Which are brilliant by all accounts.

Tue May 17, 2022 12:55 pm

The first run of HR books are set 250 years before TPM. The three adult books are great. I haven't read any of the young adult or middle grade books. But the adult ones are definitely worth your time and attention. But I don't know how much those will play into this series since it's 150 years after those events.

The next phase of HR books go back even further. Mirroring the way Lucas told his story, the next phase will be prequels.

Tue May 24, 2022 5:08 pm

You’re gonna wanna read this

Tue May 24, 2022 5:12 pm

In

Tue May 24, 2022 6:54 pm

wease wrote:In

She really really gets it and her experience and enthusiasm shines through and it’s genuine. She’s knows what’s she’s doing.

This is gonna be really great.

Tue May 24, 2022 7:05 pm

While I'm technically *more* excited about Ahsoka... I think Acolyte might really end up being the best of these shows.

Tue May 24, 2022 9:41 pm

Just even reading that premise and how intriguing it is and how well thought out her description and presumably story is, you may well be right.

And it’s gonna be awesome seeing Jedi just be monks. Almost out of public view.
Read a great quote the other day. Dint know from where but about the clone wars era, the moment the Jedi got involved, that’s when they lost.

Cos they’re not meant to be warriors or involved in that. Guardians of peace and justice sure. Doesn’t mean they should end up generals of armies.

Lucas definitely knew what he was doing crafting it all that way in the prequels.

Fri July 22, 2022 6:44 pm

Sat July 23, 2022 11:16 am

:heartbeat:

Can't wait!

Tue September 06, 2022 10:46 pm

Mon November 07, 2022 6:34 pm

Mon November 07, 2022 6:41 pm

Mon November 07, 2022 6:58 pm

Thats an impressive cast

Mon November 07, 2022 7:48 pm

I’m not tuned into the acting world but everyone is saying that’s an incredible cast loaded with talent.

Mon November 07, 2022 8:26 pm

Hope the scripts and set designs can equal or surpass the acting talent.

Mon November 07, 2022 8:58 pm

Monkey_Driven wrote:Hope the scripts and set designs can equal or surpass the acting talent.

Hedland is genuinely a lifelong Star Wars fan. We’re in good hands.
Post a reply