Star Wars: The High Republic

Tue February 25, 2020 5:55 am

There’s a trailer

Re: Star Wars: The High Republic

Tue February 25, 2020 6:27 am

Looks promising.

Tue February 25, 2020 8:38 am

Is there a tv series or film coming out of this or just books?

I’m confused

Tue February 25, 2020 8:42 am

Looks like there are going to be many things. A bit short on details yet. Probably more comics and books than anything. But also expect a cartoon at least.

The villains looked a bit odd, but all the rest was cool.

Tue February 25, 2020 8:43 am

It all looked very very old Eu dodgy book cover art

Tue February 25, 2020 9:01 am

I really liked the look of the Jedi and the various worlds.

Tue February 25, 2020 12:34 pm

dimejinky99 wrote:Is there a tv series or film coming out of this or just books?

I’m confused

Looked like just books to me.

Tue February 25, 2020 12:36 pm

B wrote:
dimejinky99 wrote:Is there a tv series or film coming out of this or just books?

I’m confused

Looked like just books to me.

Apparently there is a tv series and film involved. MSW have it

Tue February 25, 2020 2:44 pm

That's not surprising. But either way, a book or a comic can be better than a film or series. It doesn't have to be all about live action.

Tue February 25, 2020 2:45 pm

This is gonna be dope af!

I love that they're focusing on publishing and making the books and comics meaningful rather than just a support system. I love this.

Super excited.

Tue February 25, 2020 2:47 pm

Anders wrote:That's not surprising. But either way, a book or a comic can be better than a film or series. It doesn't have to be all about live action.

Right now there is no announced film/tv connection. But this is phase one. I'm sure it'll jump to the screen eventually if it's successful. But I love that they're building this in print media. This is so exciting!

Like you said, a book series can be just as good or better than a film or tv series.

Tue February 25, 2020 2:54 pm

durdencommatyler wrote:
Anders wrote:That's not surprising. But either way, a book or a comic can be better than a film or series. It doesn't have to be all about live action.

Right now there is no announced film/tv connection. But this is phase one. I'm sure it'll jump to the screen eventually if it's successful. But I love that they're building this in print media. This is so exciting!

Like you said, a book series can be just as good or better than a film or tv series.

:thumbsup: Agreed. Look forward to it.

Tue February 25, 2020 3:08 pm

Well all be dead of corona by then.

Too bad.

Tue February 25, 2020 5:50 pm

dimejinky99 wrote:Well all be dead of corona by then.

Too bad.

Well, you will, Mr I-Must-Go-to-Cambodia. You’ve probably infected half of Ireland by now.

Wed February 26, 2020 1:14 am

Abeloth was mentioned in the YT comments. reading the wikipedia and wtf.

Wed February 26, 2020 4:55 am

wease wrote:
dimejinky99 wrote:Well all be dead of corona by then.

Too bad.

Well, you will, Mr I-Must-Go-to-Cambodia. You’ve probably infected half of Ireland by now.

I’ve been self isolating actually but I am genuinely really sick.

Fri March 13, 2020 8:14 pm

The further away they move from the Sith in this series, the better, IMO.

Mostly curious about how they will introduce a brand-new threat into what is ostensibly a time of peace-keeping for the Jedi.

Fri March 13, 2020 8:20 pm

oneway23 wrote:The further away they move from the Sith in this series, the better, IMO.

Mostly curious about how they will introduce a brand-new threat into what is ostensibly a time of peace-keeping for the Jedi.

And that fascinating question they’re gonna play with. What are the jedi afraid of?

There’s an ideas board in the trailer above in the writers room and it has tons of cool stuff written on it but rival Jedi factions also intrigues me.

Fri March 13, 2020 8:25 pm

dimejinky99 wrote:
oneway23 wrote:The further away they move from the Sith in this series, the better, IMO.

And that fascinating question they’re gonna play with. What are the jedi afraid of?

There’s an ideas board in the trailer above in the writers room and it has tons of cool stuff written on it but rival Jedi factions also intrigues me.

I'll be largely content, methinks, so long as said threat is better fleshed out than the Zhat Vash currently has been on Picard....oof

Fri March 13, 2020 8:27 pm

oneway23 wrote:
dimejinky99 wrote:

I'll be largely content, methinks, so long as said threat is better fleshed out than the Zhat Vash currently has been on Picard....oof

Right??? Such high hopes for that series and it seems in a slow downward tailspin by the week
Post a reply