Switch to full style
May the force be with you
Post a reply

Re: Star Wars: Rebels ( Search for Chopper )

Tue June 30, 2020 9:45 pm

E.H. Ruddock wrote:Watched Twin Suns last night. What a beautiful episode. My partner even commented about how beautiful some of the scenes were, like Ezra and Chopper in the desert, and the whole Kenobi/Maul sequence. And I think she usually rolls her eyes at me watching Star Wars cartoons, so that's saying something.

:heartbeat:

Tue June 30, 2020 11:08 pm

Balance it out and her favourite stuff you think is dumb and get into it.
It’s so lovely that she hung out with you for that. Keeper!

Tue June 30, 2020 11:10 pm

And by the way, she's right. Those scenes are incredible

Fri July 10, 2020 7:52 pm

Just watched the kanaan death episode again. I really liked that guy

Sat January 09, 2021 4:25 pm

I just started this, and it took a few episodes for it to click/get going for me, but I think I'm hooked. My daughter likes it too. Chopper is the best part.

Sat January 09, 2021 6:41 pm

It's a great series. Season 4 is awesome. And chopper is the best

Sat January 09, 2021 8:09 pm

Simple Torture wrote:I just started this, and it took a few episodes for it to click/get going for me, but I think I'm hooked. My daughter likes it too. Chopper is the best part.

It's so good. It's where I met and fell in love with Ahsoka. She's the runaway MVP of the series. But Chopper is a close second. ;)

Sat January 09, 2021 8:30 pm

epilogue wrote:
Simple Torture wrote:I just started this, and it took a few episodes for it to click/get going for me, but I think I'm hooked. My daughter likes it too. Chopper is the best part.

It's so good. It's where I met and fell in love with Ahsoka. She's the runaway MVP of the series. But Chopper is a close second. ;)

She's only in like a dozen episodes...

Sat January 09, 2021 8:35 pm

Monkey_Driven wrote:
epilogue wrote:

I'm aware.

Sat January 09, 2021 8:38 pm

Monkey_Driven wrote:
epilogue wrote:

I thought about that too. She’s in 70 Clone Wars episodes though, and pretty much the primary non movie character in the series. Some fantastic episodes. I think that statement would be more accurate for the Clone Wars series.
Last edited by Anders on Sat January 09, 2021 8:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sat January 09, 2021 8:39 pm

epilogue wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:
epilogue wrote:

I'm aware.

Runaway MVP?!

Sat January 09, 2021 8:42 pm

Monkey_Driven wrote:
epilogue wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:
epilogue wrote:

I'm aware.

Runaway MVP?!

Yep. Her journey in the show, though it isn't the primary or maybe even secondary story, is the most interesting, impactful, and memorable.

I probably would have quit on the show without her. I didn't and I'm glad I didn't. But still.

Sun January 10, 2021 3:55 pm

Monkey_Driven wrote:
epilogue wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:
epilogue wrote:

I'm aware.

Runaway MVP?!

Yeah this is a huge stretch. As far as storylines go, it's Kanaan or Kanaan/Ezra.

Sun January 10, 2021 4:01 pm

E.H. Ruddock wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:
epilogue wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:
epilogue wrote:

I'm aware.

Runaway MVP?!

Yeah this is a huge stretch. As far as storylines go, it's Kanaan or Kanaan/Ezra.

Totally their story. But that's not the same thing.

Sun January 10, 2021 4:07 pm

Joey is like those people who vote for a linebacker to be Super Bowl MVP.

Sun January 10, 2021 4:10 pm

Ok. I'd say the MVP is Kanaan. From a young, lost jedi not wanting to train a punk kid into a wise, blind, jedi master who sacrifices himself for his family. Certainly moreso than Ahsoka and her role. And you know I'm as big a fan of her as anyone. Like Anders said, she's definitely the MVP of clone Wars. But Rebels she was there more as a connector for those characters to the greater Star Wars story.

Sun January 10, 2021 6:27 pm

E.H. Ruddock wrote:Ok. I'd say the MVP is Kanaan. From a young, lost jedi not wanting to train a punk kid into a wise, blind, jedi master who sacrifices himself for his family. Certainly moreso than Ahsoka and her role. And you know I'm as big a fan of her as anyone. Like Anders said, she's definitely the MVP of clone Wars. But Rebels she was there more as a connector for those characters to the greater Star Wars story.

I don't disagree with any of this outside of your choice for MVP.

Sun January 10, 2021 6:28 pm

Simple Torture wrote:Joey is like those people who vote for a linebacker to be Super Bowl MVP.

Did the linebacker have 20 tackles, 3 sacks, 4 INTs, a FF and a touchdown?

Sun January 10, 2021 6:36 pm

To be clear, Rebels isn't Ahsoka's story. It's Ezra's. That's isn't what I'm arguing.

Mon January 11, 2021 4:38 am

This is a small complaint for a show I like very much, but just 12 episodes in and they've already used the same tactic against the rebels twice (i.e., use someone they want to contact as bait, the dead Jedi and the "rebel" senator). Besides that, really nothing to complain about.
Post a reply