Switch to full style
May the force be with you
Post a reply

Re: Star Wars: Rebels

Fri January 12, 2018 9:27 pm

Your lips to Filoni's ears, friend.

Fri January 12, 2018 9:34 pm

durdencommatyler wrote:Your lips to Filoni's ears, friend.

i dont know what that means but i wouldnt even if i could

Fri January 12, 2018 9:38 pm

dimejinky99 wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:Your lips to Filoni's ears, friend.

i dont know what that means but i wouldnt even if i could

When someone wants something another person is saying to be true, they might say "From your lips to Gods' ears" meaning, "I hope God hears your prayers and that thing comes true. Since Filoni is God, especially where all things Ahsoka are concerned, I simply turned the common phrase on it's head and adapted it to this situation. Hence, "From your lips to Filoni's ears."

It's a way of saying, I really hope you are right and that the powers that be are listening to you.

Fri January 12, 2018 9:57 pm

oh i like that.

did you watch the star wars show? with the story group?
they talked about coming up with the compass that ends up in Battlefront that luke finds..and they rang rian and asked could they put it in the film and he said yeah if you can get it here quickly, so filoni drew it, they 3d printed it, and sent it to pinewood and voila..you can see its in lukes hut among his stuff and in the game...kinda cool..

the red kyber he has means nothing at all though..lost opportunity there i think

Fri January 12, 2018 9:58 pm

dimejinky99 wrote:oh i like that.

did you watch the star wars show? with the story group?
they talked about coming up with the compass that ends up in Battlefront that luke finds..and they rang rian and asked could they put it in the film and he said yeah if you can get it here quickly, so filoni drew it, they 3d printed it, and sent it to pinewood and voila..you can see its in lukes hut among his stuff and in the game...kinda cool..

the red kyber he has means nothing at all though..lost opportunity there i think

I did watch that, yeah. I thought it was really great. But I don't think it's a missed opportunity. They left it openly, intentionally ambiguous so that it could play into the story later in (potentially) many different ways. I like that. It's a good plant.

Fri January 12, 2018 11:32 pm

Watching season 2 now. Will try to catch up in the coming weeks.

Fri January 12, 2018 11:34 pm

Anders wrote:Watching season 2 now. Will try to catch up in the coming weeks.

:hooray:

This makes me so happy.

Sun January 14, 2018 11:51 am

Some really good episodes so far. I highly enjoyed Stealth Strike. Nice having Rex back.

Sun January 14, 2018 5:02 pm

Anders wrote:Some really good episodes so far. I highly enjoyed Stealth Strike. Nice having Rex back.

Wait til you get to twilight of the apprentice. Man Alive it’s as good as anything in Star Wars.

Sun January 14, 2018 5:57 pm

Should make it this evening. Done with everything else I had to do this weekend, so will watch Rebels for a few hours before bedtime now.

Sun January 14, 2018 6:06 pm

Anders wrote:Should make it this evening. Done with everything else I had to do this weekend, so will watch Rebels for a few hours before bedtime now.

If I can recommend just watch twilight of the apprentice and stopping there.
You’ll need a while to take it in :)

Sun January 14, 2018 6:17 pm

dimejinky99 wrote:
Anders wrote:Should make it this evening. Done with everything else I had to do this weekend, so will watch Rebels for a few hours before bedtime now.

No problem. Finishing season two seems a reasonable goal for today.

Sun January 14, 2018 7:48 pm

The best episodes could seriously be developed further and made into a really good movie. Rebels remind me a lot of the prequels and most of all the Clone Wars series. However, a few ideas in the worst episodes are very typical of cartoons, like the flying whales.

Sun January 14, 2018 8:41 pm

Shroud of Darkness was up there with the best episodes of the Clone Wars series. Actual change and development, Yoda and Vader involved. Very interesting.

Three to go in season two now.

Sun January 14, 2018 8:57 pm

ominous

Sun January 14, 2018 9:51 pm

dimejinky99 wrote:

Fantastic episode. Very interesting. :thumbsup:

Sun January 14, 2018 10:00 pm

Anders wrote:
dimejinky99 wrote:

Fantastic episode. Very interesting. :thumbsup:

SO much going on in that fight. Bryan young has an excellent time bread on ahsoka and Anakin and Luke over on twitter. Worth reading.

Mon January 15, 2018 7:14 pm

I haven't started this season yet. How far in is it? And how is it?

Mon January 15, 2018 7:26 pm

stip wrote:I haven't started this season yet. How far in is it? And how is it?

It's been outstanding so far. People will tell you it's been uneven with one or two filler episodes but they're wrong. And it's about 8 episodes or so in. I can't remember the exact number.

Mon January 15, 2018 11:56 pm

durdencommatyler wrote:
stip wrote:I haven't started this season yet. How far in is it? And how is it?

It's been outstanding so far. People will tell you it's been uneven with one or two filler episodes but they're wrong. And it's about 8 episodes or so in. I can't remember the exact number.

As I stated earlier, I wasn't super impressed by the last two episodes before the break. But otherwise, you're right.
Post a reply