The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » Arts & Entertainment » Star Wars

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2009 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36 ... 101  Next
 Post subject: Re: Star Wars: Rebels
PostPosted: Fri January 13, 2017 1:59 am 
Guys, I am not a moderator! I swear to God! Why does everyone think I'm a moderator?

durdencommatyler wrote:
E.H. Ruddock wrote:
If I lived in Star Wars I'd probably ask Ahsoka out

How would you find her?

Oh Joey. The force would guide us to each other

PostPosted: Fri January 13, 2017 3:20 am 
Looks Like a Cat

@SkitchP wrote:
Id ask Chopper out.

:haha:

PostPosted: Fri January 13, 2017 10:33 am 
Looks Like a Cat

This isn't really related to Rebels per se, but it should be noted that one of my favorite moments in the Star Wars canon thus far has been the effort that skitch and ruddo have displayed against dime on pages 5 & 6 of this very thread. Top notch.

PostPosted: Fri January 13, 2017 12:26 pm 
what on earth am I talking about

I was right then and I'm right now :)

Kidding. But that was a fun read. I called the Obi Wan showdown but didn't think it would be this soon.

Some people thinking they aren't actually going to fight they'll just sit and talk, Obi Wan and Maul.

Latest Snoke theory is that Maul is snoke. Ugh.

PostPosted: Fri January 13, 2017 2:39 pm 
AnalLog

dimejinky99 wrote:
I was right then and I'm right now :)

Kidding. But that was a fun read. I called the Obi Wan showdown but didn't think it would be this soon.

Some people thinking they aren't actually going to fight they'll just sit and talk, Obi Wan and Maul.

Latest Snoke theory is that Maul is snoke. Ugh.

I keep reading about that snoke theory too. I hope not as well. I'd rather it it be Ezra or Thrawn if Snoke was going to end up being someone from Rebels. That to me would be far more interesting.

PostPosted: Fri January 13, 2017 3:03 pm 
Misplaced My Sponge

I'd bet money that Snoke is not Maul.

Back to rebels, watched the Ghost of Geonosis episodes. Overall they were solid. I wonder if we'll see Saw get injured in a future episode. He didn't need the breather thing and it looked like he still had his legs. If this show carries on a few more seasons leading up to R1, I can see where we get an episode like that.

PostPosted: Fri January 13, 2017 3:26 pm 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

If Snoke is... okay, I'm not sure how much I should say because it could be considered a spoiler for Ep 8... but based on recent reports regarding... um... filming with Snoke... I don't see how he could possibly be anyone we know from Rebels. Especially Ezra. But really any of them.

PostPosted: Fri January 13, 2017 3:28 pm 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

darth_vedder wrote:
I'd bet money that Snoke is not Maul.

Back to rebels, watched the Ghost of Geonosis episodes. Overall they were solid. I wonder if we'll see Saw get injured in a future episode. He didn't need the breather thing and it looked like he still had his legs. If this show carries on a few more seasons leading up to R1, I can see where we get an episode like that.

My understanding is that Rebels is two years out from the events of R1 right now. So, there's time. But Saw looks jacked the fuck up in R1. White hair. That weird breathing apparatus (which may just be some kind of drug; I'm still unclear). Metal legs. Saw's going to have to go through some real shit. I expect we'll get to see at least some of it on Rebels.

Though KK did hint at more Saw in the cinematic universe, as well. So maybe they want to save some of that for the movies.

PostPosted: Fri January 13, 2017 3:31 pm 
Guys, I am not a moderator! I swear to God! Why does everyone think I'm a moderator?

durdencommatyler wrote:
If Snoke is... okay, I'm not sure how much I should say because it could be considered a spoiler for Ep 8... but based on recent reports regarding... um... filming with Snoke... I don't see how he could possibly be anyone we know from Rebels. Especially Ezra. But really any of them.

why? is the actor playing snoke blacc or something?

PostPosted: Fri January 13, 2017 3:48 pm 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

E.H. Ruddock wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:

According to recent reports....

Spoiler: show
At least some scenes will feature Snoke as a live-action, practical effects puppet. Puppeteers were onset to bring Snoke to life and lots of artists were needed as Snoke is at least 8 or 9 feet tall. Seems weird that you'd have a practical puppet to portray a normal humanoid person when you've already got a great actor like Andy Serkis at your disposal. Snoke must be huge and none of the characters in Rebels seem to fit that bill.

PostPosted: Fri January 13, 2017 4:08 pm 
Major Dude

durdencommatyler wrote:
E.H. Ruddock wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:

At least some scenes will feature Snoke as a live-action, practical effects puppet. Puppeteers were onset to bring Snoke to life and lots of artists were needed as Snoke is at least 8 or 9 feet tall. Seems weird that you'd have a practical puppet to portray a normal humanoid person when you've already got a great actor like Andy Serkis at your disposal. Snoke must be huge and none of the characters in Rebels seem to fit that bill.

Uh, Zeb?

PostPosted: Fri January 13, 2017 4:17 pm 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

wease wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
E.H. Ruddock wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:

Uh, Zeb?

:lol:

I mean, sure, maybe. But no. Also, I'm not sure he's even tall enough. 2.1 meters? That's not even 7 feet.

PostPosted: Fri January 13, 2017 4:34 pm 
Major Dude

durdencommatyler wrote:
wease wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
E.H. Ruddock wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:

Uh, Zeb?

I mean, sure, maybe. But no. Also, I'm not sure he's even tall enough. 2.1 meters? That's not even 7 feet.

You're mixing your standards of measurement.

PostPosted: Fri January 13, 2017 4:35 pm 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

wease wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
wease wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
E.H. Ruddock wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:

Uh, Zeb?

I don't think so, no.

PostPosted: Fri January 13, 2017 5:41 pm 
Major Dude

durdencommatyler wrote:
wease wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
wease wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
E.H. Ruddock wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:

Uh, Zeb?

I don't think so, no.

Meters and feet are two different standards.

PostPosted: Fri January 13, 2017 5:51 pm 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

wease wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
wease wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
wease wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
E.H. Ruddock wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:

Uh, Zeb?

I don't think so, no.

Meters and feet are two different standards.

I don't understand your point, wease.

PostPosted: Fri January 13, 2017 6:17 pm 

Yeah he did the conversion for you, wease...

PostPosted: Fri January 13, 2017 7:49 pm 
Major Dude

E.H. Ruddock wrote:
Yeah he did the conversion for you, wease...

Thank you, Ruddo, for understanding my obviously non-understandable attempt at being a wiseacre.

PostPosted: Fri January 13, 2017 7:52 pm 
what on earth am I talking about

I think we use imperial or did. And the eu as in Europe made us change to metric.
I still use feet and miles / stones and pounds. You guys with kilos and shit..don't get it

PostPosted: Fri January 13, 2017 7:54 pm 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

Can you explain "stone" to me, dime? I have no frame of reference for that unit of measure.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2009 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36 ... 101  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » Arts & Entertainment » Star Wars